VIP Perks

Granpatuc

I know that the VIP perks that was discussed back in March is on hold so why not give VIP daily dice for a month. You all did it for a year and no bad things happened so why not give it for a month or two until the perks can be brought back.

Dunspartacus

Honestly yeah, while it definitely can't be easy over there right now I think bringing back the rolls or even like a extra 10% exp bonus would tide us over while they sort stuff out and be a good show of faith.

ACJ97F

Daily always was joke-ish unless you fresh TR, and then it's "OK" (when double-XP). You generally average more doing quests.
It was never more than a carrot to dangle. Yes, you occasionally get a "rare reward", but weigh the VIP price verses 10 minutes.

seph1roth5

They (sev I think) said that daily gold rolls had wound up being a $$ loss for them. Personally, nothing I got from gold rolls affected my store tactics at all lol.
- Couple +8 books, but my main and couple alts already had a +8 supreme.
- Pile of slayer/xp pots, but I just use them on alts that never bothered and I'd never spend DDO pts on.
- Cosmetics: threw in storage, never was going to spend pts on one unless it was a naruto run or something
- bigbys: use them randomly because I have so many
- Xp crystals, lots and lots of xp crystals. But it really just saves maybe 20 min after tr-ing to crystal to lv 3 or 4 instead of 2.
- I think FIVE fast nightmare certificates, which are btc, and I already had one.

I should really put this in my sig, but I have a list O suggestions for vip

Knudge

I know that the VIP perks that was discussed back in March is on hold so why not give VIP daily dice for a month. You all did it for a year and no bad things happened so why not give it for a month or two until the perks can be brought back.
As a VIP, I am not gonna argue. I'm happy to get anything. But I must admit, shouldn't I be getting something?

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
They need to do something. Anything. And not just let another year pass without doing something.

Fisto Mk I

VIP users should add 50% to the benefit of exp pots. Eg 30% pot becomes 45%, 50% becomes 75%!! Would improve sov sales surely!
Nice try, but no, exactly the opposite. If each pot gives 50% more experience - you will buy 50% less of them, this is obvious. ;)

calouscaine

Grouchy Vet
Simple benefits would be best really. set the cost at 15-20 a month, like most sub mmo games (if you have real benefits)

500 points a month is good
25% bonus to xp which stacks with everything would be good
free feat/spell respecs would be nice
access to a vip shop that offers something useful like the +2 ep tomes for universal or racial or even dare I say. . .regular enhancement points (the enhancement points alone with an increase of 2-5 would really bring in subs if it were a sub only thing)
a monthly bonus - mount, pet, or cosmetic outfit/weapon/shield/helm/cloak (this should be quite manageable)
access to a monthly platinum dice roller with better rewards
There's already access to non expansion content with subs, but maybe allow access to one or more expansions? This may or may not be feasible, since the prices for expansions are nearly extortionary at the moment, which makes one think SSG is hurting for money
access to older content packs to buy - i.e. the catacomb steam pack or the starter packs, etc.
access to level 8 and 9 scroll spell vendors in game and a mp potion vendor in game (that uses platinum, not shards - don't rip people off)
a vip lounge in game with special vendors (look at other mmos for a better idea, starwars the old republic is a good example)
player housing options (this one is more complicated and requires a lot of work)
Higher bag and bank spaces and gold balances (the bag may not be doable since it looks maxed already, but bank spaces and coin should be easy enough)
150 astral shards a month
2 raid reset timers a month

Basically give people a reason to pay every month. A business is about pleasing it's old and current client base, not trying to cheat them. And I'm of the mind that quite a few feel like they're being cheated and not getting anything for their money.
What I've outlined would certainly keep me as a sub, maybe others?

Last edited:

Khurse

They're not going to until the absolutely feel they have to, because so many people (including myself) just keep letting our subscriptions renew.

This has got to be the only game I've ever played who had VIP benefits , then upped them because the original benefits weren't ,well, good, then cancelled those upped benefits without having anything in place to replace them, other than "we have some totally exciting ideas for the future, we'll let you know when they're done!"
I enjoy the game, although I'm only playing casually these days, but the VIP benefits have always been a joke, made worse by the Dev's teams "Oh yeah, we're totally working on making thm better, 100% on our radar/ put other buzzwords here to make it sound like it's something we think of"

It's the only game I think I've ever played where I've told friends, "Yeah fun game, but don't pay for VIP, it's not worth it"

Xandrah

Angry Elf
They need to do something. I am sorry to hear of the death of a valued team mate from Standing Stone games. What is more alarming is just one guy was working on what I would say a very important project. I find their lack of anything promising very poor customer service.

Thor

Looking for a New Love
If you'd like to see improvements to the VIP Program, please cancel your VIP Subscription. If enough people did this, and I did about 9 months ago, maybe they would be more inclined to actually do something. I've said this before, they would like to do less and still get your VIP money. And let's be honest, they are doing very little to earn VIP sub's from us. The VIP program feels like an overview of the company for the last few years, do less, do less, do less.

Zuldar

Things I'd like to see:

• More xp, particularly for alts.
  • No chest ransack and better drop rates, alternatively chest rerolls are guaranteed to have a named item
  • 18 hour raid timers, short enough to run daily but not so short as to devalue raid timer resets
  • VIP potion vendor that sells already available potions buth with higher caster levels and longer durations
  • A VIP area that functions as a travel hub and offers full guild buffs regardless of your guilds actual level (be great for hardcore)
  • A mid-week bonus days (tuesday through thursday) for VIPs only
  • Veteran Iconics that start at 20