VIP value and new content

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
Wish of Heritance sales going way... the idea is neat, but SSG is reluctante to give Free Daily Gold Dice Roll which can give a bunch of crap and tiny chance to valued prizes, imagine given up a direct font of revenue as Wishs.
There would be some income loss, but how many "Wish of Inheritance" sales do you really think they get? Compared to doubling (?) the VIP base.

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
how many "Wish of Inheritance" sales do you really think they get?
That is something I can't realistic know, but seems their marketing team is very keen on quickly interfere to any Bound to Account misshep from the Dev Team. Seems the fix to make the itens Bound to Character with the lastest new raids.

somenewnoob

SSH does have a knack for irritating their player base. I can’t explain it—very nonsensical. Just imagine how much more money happy customers are willing to pay. More revenue would be made from customers that don’t feel like adversaries.

For sure. SSG isn't alone in that though, gaming companies in general sort of have a knack for treating their customers more like an annoyance than like customers. (SSG is playing 3D chess while the rest are playing checkers though on that!)

It's like they think they have an addicted, captive audience. Now if you'll excuse me I have to grind from 1-20 in under 3 hours so I can reincarnate and do it again before the day is over because I need to do it 2 more times tomorrow.

somenewnoob

If they would add some more "grind reduction" to VIP, I think that might make some of the more seasoned players happy, since we sort of understand the grind.

Someone already mentioned more bonus vip xp, and larger buddy bonus. Good idea.

How about letting VIP's use their vet status for TRs? How useful is that really now, it's not like we are rolling new alts every week (or month, or year, or ever) . Are YOU enjoying running harbor for the 800th time?

How about letting VIP use the 2nd life xp values for a heroic life instead of 3rd life values.

Let VIP's have the option to do an epic life to get racials or class lives.

Those are the sorts of things that would get my sub renewed. Not returning arrows.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I haven't run the harbor 800 times. I have no desire to.

Grind reduction? Don't play that way if you don't want to. I don't so I have a lot of toons I bounce between. Was a time when Completionist was something; now it's inconceivable, to me anyway.

My friend and I got into a bit of a tiff about this: She has a strong toon bacause she's done "the grind." Good for her, but now it's not challenging enough. :eyeroll:

eta: Far as perks, a True Heart a year'd be nice...

DDO Gaming

The ONLY thing SSG can do to add value to VIP without brekaing something is by adding value to favor. Either add more favor-providers or more incentives to each favor-provider.

Or provide favor-providers ONLY accessible via VIP

dur

aka Cybersquirt
The ONLY thing SSG can do to add value to VIP without brekaing something is by adding value to favor. Either add more favor-providers or more incentives to each favor-provider.

Or provide favor-providers ONLY accessible via VIP
Bah, should'a read up.. this post got me thinking: I do hate The Sharn Syndicate but that and STK are 2 req's for Coin Lord favor (inv) and Kundarak requires #$%@ VON. This really isn't a VIP issue except that they could let us retain our INV and Bank, which has been mentioned.

So yeah, if favor gets wiped every life, then VIP only favor

DDO Gaming

All veteran players can open reaper directly now. Which makes it completely worthless.

How much do I want? Exactly what I posted. Read it.
But I always assumed VIP was targeted at non-veterans so they could decide whether or not to invest in adventure packs etc by accessing them in VIP

somenewnoob

But I always assumed VIP was targeted at non-veterans so they could decide whether or not to invest in adventure packs etc by accessing them in VIP

Well you know what they say about assumptions.

As I've said before, VIP is a GREAT VALUE for new players. For the majority though that have been around a while, not so much.

I also make assumptions though, and assume they would like veteran players to want VIP.

DDO Gaming

That would be a great idea. And some people have mentioned a tiered vip with different vip levels.

The stuff in my post that you first quoted I'd like to see.
So Lammania (I have seen this requested), TRs, more tiered favor, more freebie xp pots. Also..."random chest loot rolls" to replace gold rolls. So a weekly roll for random stuff from the DDO store instead of a gold roll

Last edited:

somenewnoob

If they would add some more "grind reduction" to VIP, I think that might make some of the more seasoned players happy, since we sort of understand the grind.

Someone already mentioned more bonus vip xp, and larger buddy bonus. Good idea.

How about letting VIP's use their vet status for TRs? How useful is that really now, it's not like we are rolling new alts every week (or month, or year, or ever) . Are YOU enjoying running harbor for the 800th time?

How about letting VIP use the 2nd life xp values for a heroic life instead of 3rd life values.

Those are the sorts of things that would get my sub renewed. Not returning arrows.

So Lammania (I have seen this requested), TRs, more tiered favor, more freebie xp pots

That was what I'd like to see. So you dont have to scroll up.