Wait, what?

Gnyxl

So I was doing the event and I stopped in the House J tavern to sell some stuff, and do my daily rolls. As I am doing that, suddenly I get a message that says I should log out because the world is shutting down in 30 minutes. Ok, I think to myself - I've got 30 minutes. I should wrap this up and log out.

I get a 2nd message that the world is going to shut down as I am doing my Silver roll. Ok... Before I can do my Gold roll, I get a 3rd message 'The world will be shutting down in 10 minutes.' That's odd to get these messages in rapid succession like that, I think to myself... I do my Gold roll, and immediately after that I get a 4th message that says 'Your character has been booted from this world.'

What just happened? Does it mean my character got permanently booted? And WHY? Has anyone else ever gotten this message? I've never seen it before, and with the world down, I can't check to see what happened!

Gnyxl

I'm not going to be happy if I lose that character. I don't feel I did anything to deserve getting booted. I hope it's just DDO being glitchy and sending weird messages...

Contessor

So I was doing the event and I stopped in the House J tavern to sell some stuff, and do my daily rolls. As I am doing that, suddenly I get a message that says I should log out because the world is shutting down in 30 minutes. Ok, I think to myself - I've got 30 minutes. I should wrap this up and log out.

I get a 2nd message that the world is going to shut down as I am doing my Silver roll. Ok... Before I can do my Gold roll, I get a 3rd message 'The world will be shutting down in 10 minutes.' That's odd to get these messages in rapid succession like that, I think to myself... I do my Gold roll, and immediately after that I get a 4th message that says 'Your character has been booted from this world.'

What just happened? Does it mean my character got permanently booted? And WHY? Has anyone else ever gotten this message? I've never seen it before, and with the world down, I can't check to see what happened!
Lag does some weird things.

Terpilar

When the servers shut down, any characters still logged on get this message as they are, well, booted from the world, so nothing to worry about.

CBDunk

I'm not going to be happy if I lose that character. I don't feel I did anything to deserve getting booted. I hope it's just DDO being glitchy and sending weird messages...

These are the normal message for when the server shuts down except that they seem to have been on two different timers. Has nothing to do with your character being lost or anything you did.

Best guess, the warning cycle somehow got triggered TWICE... so it was counting down from two different starting points, but still shut down when the first reached zero.

Lacci

I wouldn´t read too much into it. Most likely it just means that your character has been automatically logged out and will be waiting for you after the servers reopen again.
The messages are weird, but I´ve seen weirder stuff in this game :D

HoopleHead

Lag does some weird things.

There is no lag...... there is only Zuul

TerrorDog-1024x438.png

Grumpy

I am willing to bet the 30 minutes warning you saw, said 30 seconds, as the game does do a countdown right before shutting down. Most of the times you see something, and your brain tells you what you want to see, not what it really saw. Or could be SSG doing SSG things

Ahpuch

Titan - weird because I never saw that message before.
If you would like to see that message again, log on to your character. Head back to the desktop and log back in to a different world. Your first character will get booted and get that message. Booting just equals logged out.

erethizon1

I am willing to bet the 30 minutes warning you saw, said 30 seconds, as the game does do a countdown right before shutting down. Most of the times you see something, and your brain tells you what you want to see, not what it really saw. Or could be SSG doing SSG things
This does make the most sense.

Gnyxl

It all turned out alright. I logged in with no problems. Next time I'll know. Actually glad for the experience, thanks to everyone for the replies. See y'all in game. :)

Blunt Hackett

I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago (warnings not giving the time they say). That definitely needs fixing. It's bad enough being rushed, it's much worse when you think you have more time than you actually have.