Warforged - heals immunity

jexbe

As warforged lvl 30 my toon is immune to heals even I set the Elemental Apotheosis and Healer's Friend enh, any clue about this ?
(I tried to create a new toon at lvl 7 who is not immune)

Hipparan

Either you have the Improved Fortification feat, or you have the clay golem healing curse that is permanent until you die or use Remove Curse.

Since you're Warforged, I'm leaning Improved Fortification.

ACJ97F

That really depends on what else you have. Elemental Apotheosis and Friend probably won't override a flat out Immunity to Heals, such
as Feat: Improved Fortification. There's an order when things like that are competing against each other, the base Feat usually wins out,
since you can't "Un-Immune" yourself.

Other sources of heals are unaffected, if I recall, like LoH. On a side note, IMP Fortification also makes you immune to related Guild buffs.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
You probably took the feat "improved fortification" without reading the fine print.
That SSG has left that feat with the design of preventing positive heals is the ultimate trolling for new (warforged) players. For years there's been forum threads about it how bad it is. Maybe someday SSG will change it.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
That SSG has left that feat with the design of preventing positive heals is the ultimate trolling for new (warforged) players. For years there's been forum threads about it how bad it is. Maybe someday SSG will change it.
Yeah, it really is so awful that it shouldn't be in the game. Only new players take it and run into this very issue, and can't understand why.

Heck, I even took it myself on one of my first WF way back when, and did not read the fine print either...

Dman1970

It's one of the take this and be awesome but get punished for it things... like some of the old harbinger of madness gear. Great piece of gear, with a bite in the ass for wearing it. Not a fan of that really, as I am sure most people aren't either, unless of course you want things like that. Like tabletop where you get bonuses for taking things that are detrimental in one way but give you bonuses.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Improves your warforged fortification, granting you immunity to sneak attacks and extra damage from critical hits.

If it actually did what it said, it wouldn't be bad, but some champs and vengeance mobs have complete fortification ignore and sneak attack immunity/facing/all requirements bypass.
Yes this feat deservs a complete rework.
If it would give extra fortification and trap damage absorbtion and would reduce damage via DR.

Also DR should be reworked too to be a bit more useful.

axel15810

If you haven't used it yet, you could complete the Hall of the Mark quest in the marketplace to get a free feat swap token so you can swap out improved fortification for something else.

Nahual

This feat is very old. From the time where fortification wasn't on items or enhancements.
In that sense there was value in it, it does require a rework now.

FuzzyDuck81

Rework definitely needed for this one - something along the lines of +75% fortification, bringing a WF with it to 100% before any enhancements & gear, plus 10% damage resistance (same type as barbarians get & stacks with it, works on everything except untyped) so it's like taking a step further towards being a true construct, with the drawbacks being base healing from positive energy being reduced to 20% (so you'll get some but it'll take significant investment to be practical) & breaking druidic oath.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Since SSG loves giving nukers immunity bypasses, just put heal immunity bypasses into heal trees... problem solved... I won't use those on people that are plagued, I swear <fingers crossed>.

Terpilar

Since SSG loves giving nukers immunity bypasses, just put heal immunity bypasses into heal trees... problem solved... I won't use those on people that are plagued, I swear <fingers crossed>.
Doesn't Apothecary tree for Alchemist have such an enhancement in T2? Ah yes, Life Salve it is called, never tested it though.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Doesn't Apothecary tree for Alchemist have such an enhancement in T2? Ah yes, Life Salve it is called, never tested it though.
Yeah, so it wouldn't be without precedent to add it to other healer trees. Side note: the death salve portion of that ability has been broken (as in doesn't work at all) since alchemists were added to the game (been reported multiple times by multiple people since then). My post was more in jest, but it would be a valid thing to add in.