What is your most enjoyable content to run each life, and why?

Drachmor

The quests/content I like the best. Lets say my top 10 but not neccesarily in order.
  1. Tear of Dhaakan
  2. STK
  3. Gwylan's Stand
  4. The Pit
  5. Stromvauld's Mine
  6. VoN 1 - 6 (I know I cheated here)
  7. Gianthold but more specifically Crucible
  8. Ravenloft (all quest line)
  9. Mines of Tethyamar
  10. Delara's Graveyard (the whole series)
I'm noticing a recurrence of people favoring the quests that other people sometimes dread running - like Pit, or Crucible (even Tear, Gwylan's, etc etc etc) - these are all tough quests.

But they pay off, and once you learn them, they are super satisfying... I think that insight is valuable. I'm excited to finally learn Pit tbh; I always skip it, but. It really is that efficient, so I wanna get used to running it.

Nahual

I am a fan of the big quests when you start getting high level for what once was level 10 cap.

Gwylan's
StormCleave
Tear of Dhakaan
Tangleroot
Sorrowdusk/Co6

When I first played them they all felt like, ok now you are battling something more than a kobold.
I like Tangleroot and Sorrowdusk's clever reuse of the maps.

I do however think that first time in von 6 were you are so afraid to fall of that stupid bridge is a feeling I'll never experience again.

paddymaxson

I don't really enjoy much of the content that's older now just because I've done it so many times. I actively despite Sharn, Gianthold and several quests in ravenloft.

But I do love speed running the waterworks, keep on the borderlands and shadow crypt.

Eleazzar

Haunted Halls of Evening Star, ToEE (all of it), Sharn part 2, and WGU chain hands down. RL would be after.

Eleazzar

Coalescence Chamber is my favorite !

haha ..and if you believe that, then you trust Kender's to watch your castle while out adventuring:)

ya> Gaintland and 3 Barrells ...i always like demonweb too. the 1st ravenloft chain was very well done/ love it.
hahahaha! I hate Coal Chamber!

Eleazzar

Oh this is SO real wait I change my answer to depths lol. Depths is the most just... "I know where I'm going" chain out there and I love it. It's 4 quests, back to back, zippy and good xp. At level 6, you run depths. It is known.

Fundamentally the fun of DDO is playing, and the not-fun is not playing. Inventory management is my least favorite part about the game, and it genuinely is the reason why my past lives take months rather than a week. Like. Actually.

But when you just know exactly where you're going, and you can just play, in-dungeon... that's nice.
I hate Inv manament too. Especially the BtC only items. Take up too much space but then again, I am a horder.

PaleFox

Come to think of it, I really like the quests Vampire themed quests.
Be it Castle Ravenloft, that one in Saltmarch or the puzzle one in Eveningstar.

They all add to the mystery and which Vampire would win when set out to battle each other?
Are they all from the same clan or is there some dispute/fete going on among them?
Perhaps they are teaming up to make lifestock out of us living beings...

FaustianBargain

Vampire themed quests.

That’s a big thing for me - encountering those iconic monsters like beholders, dragons (duh), mindflayers, liches, or vampires that were horrific and existential threats to my characters in tabletop are great reminders of what got me into the game in the first place.

Boondocks Mike

Most of the old content.

Some highlights for me (in no particular order but not accounting for raids) include:
-STK
-TRG
-GH
-Necro
-Reaver's Refuge
-Sands
-Catacombs
-Old Amrath
-Sorrowdusk
-Vale
-Delera's GY (all of the quests)
-High Road
-Storm Horns
-Chronoscope
-Restless Isles
-Slavelords
-Underdark (ES2)
-Mines of Tethyamar
-Acid Wit/Gwylan's Stand/Tear of Dhakaan/The Pit/Stormcleave

I think generally all of the older content did a really good job of making you feel like you were adventuring in a real world that made sense and wasn't there purely so you could collect RXP. Ambience, attention to detail, creativity, plot, puzzles, and depending on quest and era, challenge.

I find Ravenloft pretty mid and I really don't like Sharn. A lot of the newer quests feel like lots of weirdly big, weirdly empty hallways that you run through until you get "surprised" by a big spawn of enemies at the end of every one of them.

Last edited:

Spook

In general i prefer the older stuff or new stuff with good source material (eg ravenloft)

Aelonwy

Ravenloft, hands down still has the best storyline, the most expansive and yet immersive atmosphere. Saltmarsh is very pleasant every go around. Previous favorites were mostly outdoor quests like Chronoscope, Blockade Buster, Frame Work, Stormcleave Outpost, Battle for Eveningstar, I enjoy most of the Stormhorns line. I don't know for certain but I think when I started the game I became very discontent with sewers, tunnels, and tight hallways and ever since have leaned toward enjoying large open areas or structures that are more spacious with room for exploration.

axel15810

I also should have mentioned Reaver's Reach. I love that area, even the flagging experience. I always run it when I'm at range, even if it makes no sense from a pragmatic sense to go there - there's much better XP/min and loot at that level range (sharn). It's fun to spend an evening hanging out down there, running the quests, getting the gems and topping it off with Stealer of Souls. Reaver's Reach and Sorrowdusk are the two areas I most want SSG to revamp.

Hadeze

Ravenloft, because I like the goth scene. The vale of twilight. Orchard of the macabre. Menace of the underdark. Delera's.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I know it's silly, but I like Scrag's quest in the harbor where you have to rescue the dogs without killing them.

It's quick but it's also feel-good.

We need more feel-good quests in DDO.
We need more simple solo quests actually. The court quest could easily have been a solo level 1 quest teaching you emotes and skill challenges.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I'm noticing a recurrence of people favoring the quests that other people sometimes dread running - like Pit, or Crucible (even Tear, Gwylan's, etc etc etc) - these are all tough quests.

But they pay off, and once you learn them, they are super satisfying... I think that insight is valuable. I'm excited to finally learn Pit tbh; I always skip it, but. It really is that efficient, so I wanna get used to running it.
Some quests like the pit are very enjoyable if you learn them inside out and can do them very fast. It's not a 'farm' quest, it's a 'challenge' quest.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I dont have any favourites on TR train. Just want to get that over and done with asap.

At cap I do like WPM and Search & Rescue just because they most feel like old school D&D quests to me. S&R is probably my favourite quest.

Scrag

sharn (all of it)
dread
feywild (but not legendary, gack i die a lot)
planar eyes
the one in market that gives you the nicked items
lod

Thats about all i know and like.