what server is best ?

Mornyngstar

It all depends on your play style and location. Any server will do if you are a soloist. If you group up depending on if it is PUGs or Guild or friend. Certain servers are active at different times of the day. I would recommend making a toon on each server and playing a single day there to look at what is available. (I am Thelanis based)

Gyuma Bei

I am new to DDO.

When I login I always use Ghallanda (cause it is the first one)
Ghallanda became the default "new player" server after the mass exodus where Ghallanda, Cannith, and a smattering of player population from other servers moved to Orien. Thus, Orien has the biggest population due to that (and will probably be the case for a while).

With that said, the "best" server is highly subjective. Whichever server you make friends and enjoy playing in is "the best", regardless of population numbers.

TrinityTurtle

Every server has good people on it. Being new, take a bit of time, roll up a character on each server and cycle through playing the different servers and see what you find (Ideally different race/class toons to try new things at the same time). Try before you by, talk to people on the servers and see where you make freinds, how many people are active during your main play times, etc. There is no 'one server is best', they all have the same content, and similar mixes of awesome to problematic players. There are some small general culture variations, but having played on a couple they're not huge deals, just tend to center about what order they usually do things in and such.

Reifee - Orien

Orien is the best overall for newer players. There is a higher number of players which usually leads to there being groups for you to join on a constant basis. I have seen a pretty large influx of brand new players which is nice to see.

Hopefully that stays that way for an extended period.

Kryxal

Best is far too subjective ... some comparisons and description of server atmosphere would be better.

Reifee - Orien

Atmosphere changes from group to group from player to player and then from day to day!

I find most groups to be helpful and fairly patient, I've also been in some groups that were totally inconsiderate selfish players. I just put them on my "Do not group with".

Pretty much Cannith. Check out and if your looking for a new guild, Final Destination. Deathy a top DDO streamer is the guild leader.
Make sure to have fun!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
OP: It depends. Are you a soloist? Then it doesn't matter. Want an active guild? Doesn't matter. Want LFM's for your quests? Yeah, depends on time zone but, with multiple servers, that can be a crap-shoot as well.. Here's what I've observed:

Arg - k is steady
Sarlona AH is dying, AS rulez
Orien - Thealnis, same.
Wayfinder is lagging, yet it persists, and seems to be surging? IDK, IDC

To sum up: Find your people B) Unless you're a solo player: find a guild that won't kick you.

Last edited:

Frieling Slyhand

I’ve played on several and I enjoy Khyber the most. It has many top end players who challenge themselves and push skulls. I’ve learned a ton and even though I only started playing three years ago, I’ve been helped and welcomed by the community on Khyber.

saekee

long live ROGUE
OP: It depends. Are you a soloist? Then it doesn't matter. Want an active guild? Doesn't matter. Want LFM's for your quests? Yeah, depends on time zone but, with multiple servers, that can be a crap-shoot as well.. Here's what I've observed:

Arg - k is steady
Sarlona AH is dying, AS rulez
Orien - Thealnis, same.
Wayfinder is lagging, yet it persists, and seems to be surging? IDK, IDC

To sum up: Find your people B) Unless you're a solo player: find a guild that won't kick you.
great point re auction house—servers that are deadish like Wayfinder means that there is no market for your stuff and unlikely you will find something there that you might need.

I am on Cannith but must admit that Orien is hopping. Check out the ddoaudit like folks say.