What Three Things Do You Love Most about DDO?

[PICK 3] What Three Things Do You Love Most about DDO?

• The Action Combat

• The Builds and Complexity

• The Quests/Raids

• The Voice Acting

• The Story

• The Gear Tetris

• The Players

• The Development Team (and current Development path)

• The Nostalgia

• The Longevity/Replayability (TR train etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I love farming threads to gamble GomF rolls for 8+months

64667D6AD97B2A98000C2561E1FE6F0B7D56A0B9

ProllyDidItWrong

I love the three things that make DDO different than all the other MMO's​

• The Action Combat​

• The Builds and Complexity​

• The Longevity/Re-playability (TR train etc.)

All the other listed features, except for maybe Nostalgia can be found in any other game and maybe even done better, but in combination with DDO's modest efforts (that mostly hit the mark) and these 3 things, make DDO the superior MMO (IMO).

That's why It has been Dl'd on every PC or LT that I've own since 2008

​​​

Vish

i played WOW for 6 months, then came back to DDO

DDO has
1. dungeons that are quests. super awesome over pure dps runs
you put a DPS meter on this game, and you ruin the mmo aspect of it

2. REZ ability in raids (and at all for that matter)
WOW is more about the trinity failing and party wipes, with no real rez ability with timers like DDO
as a new player raiding in WOW, when you die they dont rez you, at all. you just have to wait for the party to wipe, or to succeed without you. it sucked.

3. REINCARNATION system
this is the best long term grind strategy i have ever seen for a mmo
in WOW, you have alts. in DDO, you have mules
completely different approach to the mmo
i labeled wow a vaporwear hamster ladder. no sense of anything permanent in that game.

WOW is a sweaTY competition game
DDO is a casual long endgame mmo

Ptalon

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.".

AMess

oh dear, based on results, I'm beginning to think our relationship between players and developers may be on hard times. Is there such a thing as group forum therapy? should we get an outside counselor...I mean, come on, this is one my longest relationships here, we can work it out, eh?

;)

Aelonwy

I chose build complexity/variety, nostalgia for familiar worlds/races/classes/monsters, and you must admit most of the voice acting is top-notch. I also prefer the real-time combat although lag sometimes makes it feel turn-based where I don't get a turn for several rounds.

I really wanted to select story... but other than the usually excellent voice work, I rarely feel like they go in-depth enough in the story to satisfy me. Ravenloft was the most satisfyingly in-depth story they've adapted so far.

The main thing that makes DDO stand out among other games is the narration. Watch any video on YouTube that loves or hates the game and they all say that the narration gives it a D&D feel. It was done so well in Ravenloft and many other quests that reviewers will never get a chance to observe.

Once a player gets into the heart of DDO, which I feel is character creation, players can make so many decisions to make their character unique. Of course they can follow another build and copy their success or tweak it a little for a specific weapon, enemy or even appearance.

Lastly is the nostalgia, after all I've been playing D&D since the mid 80s, I was in DDO Beta testing and joined again in '09. Loved the addition of the MM and would have wanted it for the information even without the rewards. I could do without the class balancing and so many types of crafting and missing weapons for players even though NPCs have them (spears, frying pans and chains except for one race).

These are my choices and those are my reasons.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
I would love it if all text was voiced personally because dialogue box too small on my screen and my eyes not as good since had Covid.
274e0a625c9a4c70790db90a771790f8.jpg

dur

aka Cybersquirt
1. Distraction from life (oh, wait..)
2. Fly changes
3. Being olde ViP ..for now.. Hope this stupidity with VIP month doesn't F it all up

Last edited: