what Weapon augments do you use?

Nickodeamous

Hi guys,

I currently run Feareater and Deconstructor augments in my attuned Handwraps, but I recently pulled the Aspect of Tar. Now, I am debating on what is the best DPS combo of augments. I have used endless night in the past, but I flipped over to Feareater, which seems to proc from time to time. Anyway, what do you use, and why?

Thanks!
Nico

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
First, and foremost, I use augments to help break certain kinds of DR. Silver, Adamantine, and Good are DRs that I think are necessary to be able to bypass.

If I'm playing my Monk, Arkat, I can break all sorts of DR without such augments. My Paladins can usually break /Good DR regardless so I look mainly at whether I need material DR breaking.

On my Thirteen Bastard Sword, DR breaking is easy. I then look at other augments that do damage (The Eye of Dolurrh is a favorite) and augments with other qualities that are useful in combat.

Debuffers like Improved Destruction from Essence of Constellation, Broken and Reforged or Touch of the Mournlands from Essence of the Spear of the Mournlands are also high on my list.

Str8nger

punch monk - eyes of dolurhh and lamania? (the law one)...10d6 is hard to beat, plus adds law and evil...though you already got law, i get it...but did you have evil?? anyways...those are my favs...

thrower is the same, but since i dont have the benefits of the shintao cores, ill slot a good gem in another throwing star along with another eye when needed...or the improved destruction...(im assimar and lose the vulnerability since its not melee)

i played with a lot of different gems in wraps...the dino augments change things up a little...but the eyes are solid imo unless you got some fancy pants raid augments...looking at feareater :p

late to the convo, but i lurk like a mf

FuzzyDuck81

I'm really fond of the eye of mabar - evil DR breaking, a few temp hp on a kill (not much admittedly but it's not bad to have) & 5d2 healing per hit, so with decent healing amp & attack speed it'll keep your HPs topped off surprisingly well, at least in non-reaper content.

Qeistalan

For a majority of my weapons, I use:
  • Silver DR: Ruby of the Vampire Slayer (L1);
  • Adamantine DR: Ruby of the Adamantine Blessing (L1) or Deconstructor (L28).
To compliment the weapons, I also use:
  • Good DR: Titania's Glory (Helm L29) or Echo or Ravenkind (Trinket L28);
  • Cold Iron DR: Gird Against Demons - Fury of the Wild (Tier 2).