What's a good fortification at endgame?

Nickodeamous

For a monk, Is it 200%? Is it 300%? is it 100%? I'm at 183% now, which is a bit lower than I tend to run, but its a different gearset, so I am losing about 74% insightful fortification. My question is, is it needed? I've always strived for high fortification, but maybe I don't really need it on my handwrap monk?

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Nic

Thulsadoom

I have noticed fewer crits as my fort increases throughout all levels of play. I recently ran just over 400 and never got touched. I have also ran just over 300 for a while and I cant remember any crits. In higher reaper lets say above five or so at about 200 percent crit I have gotten crits quite a bit. Hope this helps so you can find some answers.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I got critted in r10 Kill 10 Rats at end game for over 8k. My Fort was c.250%.

I've now gear changed that down to c.180%, as don't see the point if they are critting at 250% anyway.

Whilst hardly scientific, I've not noticed any appreciable difference tbh.

Thulsadoom

yeah
I got critted in r10 Kill 10 Rats at end game for over 8k. My Fort was c.250%.

I've now gear changed that down to c.180%, as don't see the point if they are critting at 250% anyway.

Whilst hardly scientific, I've not noticed any appreciable difference tbh.
Yes R10 seems to ignore the fort for more often. like I said I cannot remember seeing a crit at over 400 but I have been crit for 8k in R10 with 370 fort. This was in the new Morgrave quest, the one with LARGE chipmunks. It was the end boss. I have experimented with the reaper tree clickie that increases fort as an action boost and have been crit for a one shot death but I cant remember what my at rest standing fort was at the time. I think it was about 200?

Last edited:

PraetorPlato

High 200s crit is solid standing. There are three types of mob fort bypass—normal fort bypass, which all mobs get a little and some mobs get a lot (think wolves, iirc); fort reduction, which is mostly red-names but VERY lethal (dryad chipmunk); and complete fort bypass (champs). Kill the champs, have enough fort for the first, have a plan for the second.

Thulsadoom

I should know more about things in game like this but I never take the time to always be inspecting the champs and bosses. They seem to change a lot. I mostly look at my fort and inspect big damage I take in the combat log.

Nickodeamous

I should know more about things in game like this but I never take the time to always be inspecting the champs and bosses. They seem to change a lot. I mostly look at my fort and inspect big damage I take in the combat log.
yeah, I normally get 1 shotted if anything. I would just like to be one shotted less. lol

Got crited in R6 with a 319% fort. I play mostly R6 and it happened only once that i noticed since i upgraded from 280%. I think it was a combination of several red champs that made it happen.