What's the "best" element for Dragon Lord?

Pineapple

Where are you seeing that it strips immunity? I didn't see that in the release notes or on the wiki, but it's possible I just missed it in there somewhere.
In the release notes, t4 ability.

Battlefield Tactician IV: +1 to Tactical Feat DCs and Breath Weapon DCs. When you Sunder enemies, it makes them vulnerable to the element of your Draconic Soul for 10 seconds. Additionally, if you successfully Sunder (or Improved Sunder) a target under the effects of Trip (or Improved Trip), that target takes an additional 1d6 damage per Character Level of the Element you selected for your Draconic Soul. This damage scales with 200% Melee or Ranged Power.

Ethril

In the release notes, t4 ability.

Battlefield Tactician IV: +1 to Tactical Feat DCs and Breath Weapon DCs. When you Sunder enemies, it makes them vulnerable to the element of your Draconic Soul for 10 seconds. Additionally, if you successfully Sunder (or Improved Sunder) a target under the effects of Trip (or Improved Trip), that target takes an additional 1d6 damage per Character Level of the Element you selected for your Draconic Soul. This damage scales with 200% Melee or Ranged Power.
Ah, I see. Thanks, I missed that.