Whats the Future of Hard core?

Toprak

I find it really funny how the people who don't like Hardcore are so loud, aggressive and babyish. It's funny over the years reading all there tantrum posts about how HC should be scrapped because its ruining there game. Maybe in 2025, if they Hardcore season 10 does come around they can shut the live servers off while HC is on. That will really give them something to cry about lol
*holds up mirror*

Sturmbb

We are not "doing away with HC." At this time we're pausing our Hardcore season releases while we work on other projects, but it's worth putting it more into the perspective of a pause than a stop.
Hi Cordovan,

Thank you, so much for clarifying that HC is on hold. It really has eased my worries over the Producers letter. I am still playing the heck out of season 9 and loving it :)

Hope your having a great weekend.

Reactions: DJH

Justfungus

Hi Cordovan,

Thank you, so much for clarifying that HC is on hold. It really has eased my worries over the Producers letter. I am still playing the heck out of season 9 and loving it :)

Hope your having a great weekend.
I will need to see it to believe it. The developers have made MANY promises they have never kept over the years.

Crell_1

Just a quick idea to maybe give you a 'new experience' kind of feel without hopefully much development time. "Hounds+Mimics+Dragon buff + All sets of champs'

Aka

Season 2+Season 4 + Season 6 + Season 7 + Spell buffs of Season 8.

No mimic repellant option.

Greysidious

My guess on these events is that they will be similar to HC8, find the dragon horde chests, since that season was more of an event than an HC season in my book. I am a little hopeful that I do not have to take time off work just to participate, but I suspect that most of the event will take place during normal work hours (for me) and not on weekends (like the Illithid Invasion).

As for HC, I agree that they have not said HC is nevermore, so I suspect /hope that it is just on pause. Nothing else I can do about it. I was really looking forward to HC 10 since it would be a milestone, but oh well. HC is not very challenging anyways, but it is enormous fun mostly because of people from different servers.

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
Well, whatever happens, Season X should be special. I mean, "X"! That will look cool on a sash/cloak/etc.
How about a sash that crosses over your back forming an 'X'.
Or "footprints" in the shape of an 'X'.
Maybe a glittering aura of little floating 'X' shapes (which trail you like a fog slowly fading away).
❓

Hafeal

x1 / year HC is good in my book. 2024 has now had its HC.

next HC in 2025 is perfectly fine.

Looking forward to all the other exciting things coming out.

Greysidious

I also suspect that they are revamping the HC rewards structure. Maybe a way to purchase various cosmetic rewards through points/token/coins earned or something since the current structure has gotten a bit stale.