Which expansion to get?

nenetteblackmoor

Vecna and Saltmarsh are available for purchase at 1999TP.
IoD is 3995TP.

With 1999TP, you can get it with effort.
If you don't have IoD, it's worth buying.

However, for those who want to invest in raising a Sentient Weapon even at the cost of everything else, it's advisable to buy Saltmarsh.
Not only does Saltmarsh offer a third type of Spark, but it's also ideal for accumulating SXP.
Not only does it drop a lot of items, but it also drops Sentient 1000 EXP at an extremely high probability.

Last edited:

Sarlona Raiding

If you are going to eventually buy all the xpacs for points Isle of Dread is really the only option. All other choices will cost you 1500-2000 points in the long run.

Dude

If you are going to eventually buy all the xpacs for points Isle of Dread is really the only option. All other choices will cost you 1500-2000 points in the long run.
That's the thing. I really don't know if I'll ever buy any other expansions on the alt accounts.

Reactions: DBZ

Ellisaria

Dread because it was the most recently released one that's available (least likely to go on super-sale soon), is the most expensive DDO point-wise, and the customizability of the gear sounds amazing.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
In line with later content comments I would suggest getting an expansion that has filigree in it which would be Saltmarsh, Ravenloft, and Sharn.