Why is there so much sonic in new tree?

cocopufff

Light has spellpower granted by Primal (heart)
so one more tree fits the spellpower paradigm and it will likely be in the thematically Warlock epic destiny.
I... don't really think it's fair to say that light spell power is represented by that tree, when all that light gets out of the tree is +20 spell power and the extra damage thing from Heart. No SLAs, no specific boosts... as a Light caster, you'd be kind of stupid to go for Primal due to how little light is actually being supported there.

Lotoc

I... don't really think it's fair to say that light spell power is represented by that tree, when all that light gets out of the tree is +20 spell power and the extra damage thing from Heart. No SLAs, no specific boosts... as a Light caster, you'd be kind of stupid to go for Primal due to how little light is actually being supported there.
Hey, I'm not the one who set the goals here, they want each element to have spellpower options from the cores of 3 trees, sonic has Primal Avatar as one of it's trees too with no sonic spells in primal either.

Also you'd be kind of stupid to go a light caster over fire anyway due to how little light is actually supported at all.
At least primal heart mantle has better DPS than Exalted Angel mantle for a light caster, cause for some reason the proc chance on EA mantle is 15% while sharing the same cooldown as draconic's 100% proc chance and primal avatar's 50%

cocopufff

Also you'd be kind of stupid to go a light caster over fire anyway due to how little light is actually supported at all.
Yeah... that's actually kind of my point. That if the goal is supporting these elements, primal avatar is in no way really "supporting" a light caster build very well. Of all the element types, light really doesn't get much, if any, love in the EDs. Which is sad, because it's an awesome thematic. (Though tbh, there's a lot of elements you basically can't viably dedicate yourself to--force and negative come to mind.)
At least primal heart mantle has better DPS than Exalted Angel mantle for a light caster, cause for some reason the proc chance on EA mantle is 15% while sharing the same cooldown as draconic's 100% proc chance and primal avatar's 50%
Yeah... it's really bad. On most Cleric/FVS caster builds, you're way better off going tiefling fire for the immunity-stripping scorch and then running draconic. Light isn't a great option because of a wanting spell pool (not terrible but not as good as fire) and because of really bad options in the EDs. Negative, especially without the PM undead strip, just doesn't hit too many types of mob for it to really feel viable as a focus. Force damage through bludgen spells just feels kind of niche. So we're left with fire. Or else the less-good air domain which allows for a draconic into lightning.

Reactions: DBZ

DBZ

When 1 ED is hands down light years ahead of everything else and the 3 classes with decent stripping over all the others

Is there even a point in making more EDS that no one will use