Wizards should have the option to pay the scroll and inscription fee and study the spells. It's exhausting to re-learn them after reincarnation

YeeboF

I like that you have to track down the scrolls and the inscription materials. I don't find once per life all that burdensome, and it's a fun side game tracking down some of the rarer scrolls.

Further, just generally, I like little touches that exist solely to make the world feel more like a real place. For example, having to have thieves' tools to do thief things or missile weapons needing ammo to function.

GrayJedi AntiProPaladin

I kinda wonder why Wizards, Alchemists, Artificers can Not currently in this game inscribe a spell they know in their spellbook into a Bound to Character Scroll (btc guild scrolls already exist in the game) or recipe before TR and then after TR inscribe the scrolls back into their spellbook....

seph1roth5

Or how about ditch inscription materials and change scribe scroll to just scribe all scrolls that can be scribed in one animation? Or just make generic materials. It's very clunky and time-consuming to have to deal with 9 different materials, and the scrolls show class levels not spell levels so it winds up being a big mess if you're not familiar with them in the first place.

konstantinbg19

I like that you have to track down the scrolls and the inscription materials. I don't find once per life all that burdensome, and it's a fun side game tracking down some of the rarer scrolls.

Further, just generally, I like little touches that exist solely to make the world feel more like a real place. For example, having to have thieves' tools to do thief things or missile weapons needing ammo to function.
Maybe once or twice but for people doing hundreds of lives like me I don't find it fun. How about a middle ground solution, some of us can learn it at trainer, others like you can go on a rabbit hunt

Blunt Hackett

I wish they'd sell a scroll case, even if it were points only. Some of the problem could be solved if you could grab your level 9 scrolls from past lives without having to take up precious inventory space. Although, just selling them all in the Portable Hole or somewhere similar would be a better solution.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Exactly what advantage do you think casters get by not wasting an hour every life scribing every single scroll? Being able to play, instead of standing in the portable hole? Pretty sure non-casters can do that too.
You forgot the /s tag, I assume.

n

I wish they'd sell a scroll case, even if it were points only.

Last edited:

nym_craian

Hi!

In my opinion, scroll writing belongs more to item making (and then it should not only be good for storage). I could imagine it like this:

Write Scroll - Spellcasting feat (Wizard bonus feat, min 5 wizard level or 8 artificer level)

You can write a spells in your spellbook onto scrolls.
When writing it, you can choose the level of the scroll between the minimum level of the spell and your caster level.
You can put the finished scrolls in a personal bank or use them as you wish.

A separate feat, you don't need a crafting device to use it, but you can only use it when you can also prepare spells (after resting, in a tavern,...).

The completed scrolls are always bound to character!

Writing cost:
  • Inscription material (corresponding to the level of the spell): 1 * caster level
  • Cannit Essence: 10 * caster level
  • Khyber Dragonshard Fragment: 5 * caster level
  • Siberys Dragonshard Fragment: 5 * caster level

e.g Write a level 10 Fireball scroll cost
3rd Inscription material 10 pcs, Cannit Essence 100 pcs, Khyber Dragonshard Fragment 50 pcs & Siberys Dragonshard Fragment 50 pcs

Maybe :unsure:

Write Empowered Scroll (Spellcasting feat, Wizard bonus feat, min 10 wizard level or 12 artificer level, Write Scroll)

You can strengthen your written scrolls.
  • You can increase the DC by 1, maximum +3 DC (all cost +20% per +DC)
  • You can increase your damage by 20%, a maximum of 200% (all cost +20% per +20% damage)

These boosts stack with Wand and Scroll Mastery and similar effects.

e.g Write a level 10 Fireball scroll with +3 DC & +200% damage (with 3rd rank Wand and Scroll Mastery: +9 DC & +375% damage), the cost:
3rd Inscription material 36 pcs, Cannit Essence 360 pcs, Khyber Dragonshard Fragment 180 pcs & Siberys Dragonshard Fragment 180 pcs

Fizban

Wizards should have the option to pay the scroll and inscription fee and study the spells. It's exhausting to re-learn them after reincarnation
/Not Signed

Each character has a different thing. Scribing scrolls is one of my favorite things about wizards.