Xp Changes for conquest

Purr

How are people feeling about the scaled-down xp changes we saw with this update? Postive? Negative?

T.O.

Feeling good about it. Finally getting conquest in quest's that didn't give conquest. For me and my group it's not scaled down. Zerger's are getting the smack. But that is someone else's issue. Not mine.

kylstrem

just did The maze of Madness on R1 heroic. I killed everything in the quest and killed the boss last. total of 61 kills... only got me to Aggression 10% bonus. Don't think I missed anything.. even killed the named caster from above. nothing left in the map to kill.

So if they want to do this change, they need to make sure Conquest is feasible in every quest.

By way of comparison, Trial By Fire, conquest was easily achievable by zerging shortest path.... just had to make sure you killed everything on the zerg-path through it. (stuff on top before you drop down to final fight, and all the archers before in same room as the 3rd orange-named mob)

Keeping track here:
Trial By Fire - conquest at 83 kills (can get it easily by just killing on shortest route through)
Maze of Madness - Aggression at 61 kills. I killed everything in the dungeon including the stuff that usually spawns behind you in certain areas
Cry for Help - Got Conquest at 100 kills (which Devs said 100 kills always equal Conquest... previously you had to do the underwater optional to get Conquest and all rooms... so this one is better than before and easier to zerg
Foundation of Discord - Gott 100 kills just doing the 3 paths (don't need optional path). had 100 after killing 3 bosses to open the door to final fight.
Feast or Famine: got 100 easily with the following: got key 1 on first door, got key 2 on 2nd door, killed mobs in that secret door and down both side passages before final fight... didn't do the long optional.
Memoirs of Illusionary Larcner - Impossible to get Conquest - killed everything and got to 84 kills... Onslaught. yes I killed all archers after bar and I killed everything in forest.
Grimm And Barrett
- Easily conquest... could even skip the mob in front of the Volf optional. I had conquest at 99 kills but it was somewhere between 90 and 99

Last edited:

kylstrem

Feeling good about it. Finally getting conquest in quest's that didn't give conquest. For me and my group it's not scaled down. Zerger's are getting the smack. But that is someone else's issue. Not mine.
Zergers will still be getting more XP minute. just by doing more quests in the same time other groups spend 2 to 5x longer in each quest trying to get conquest.

T.O.

Zergers will still be getting more XP minute. just by doing more quests in the same time other groups spend 2 to 5x longer in each quest trying to get conquest.
Depends on how the new purple alert system is going to work. Plus with 50% of reaper xp tied to conquest. They won't be advancing points much. I don't run quests for the xp anymore. Just reaper xp. Even that is just a time and money game.

kylstrem

Depends on how the new purple alert system is going to work. Plus with 50% of reaper xp tied to conquest. They won't be advancing points much. I don't run quests for the xp anymore. Just reaper xp. Even that is just a time and money game.
Zerging doesn't preclude killing mobs in most quests.

TrinityTurtle

I like it. I tend to kill everything in my path anyway. So it's not really going to change my playstyle any and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think i'll get more xp on a repeat run of the quest for friends now so rerunning content for really sad xp won't be as bad now? I also like the 100 mob cap for conquest they threw in there, I hated bat farming in coal chamber, wight farming in bloody, and warforge farming in vons 5.

T.O.

Zerging doesn't preclude killing mobs in most quests.
so zerging is just killing mobs super fast. Sweet got that covered too. Best update ever. I do have a list of xp given for completed quests that we run on reaper with 30 pots. Includes quest xp and reaper xp on r4. Will be comparing it when we go back to one. And then I can battle the devs on their changes. LOL for now I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly anything that makes the endgame snivel makes me happy. lol

T.O.

The first time bonus. I didn't fully spell that one out.

Reaper First time bonus reduced to 45%. 50% of reaper's first time bonus has been moved into a new Delving Tier (Hard 50%/Elite 100%/Reaper 150%)

kylstrem

There are some that zerg and try to avoid killing mobs... noobicabra had a twitch channel showing him burn through quests on a monk with monk speed and usually just running through everything to end and kllling boss., then exiting quest... but that was R1 runs to get from to 1 to 20 as fast as possible.
I think there is a big disconnect in what some think "zerging means". yeah, you can get quests done slightly faster by skipping mobs, but ifyou have a group of 3 or more who can solo quests on their own, they can get through most quests almost as quickly as a solo zerging by splitting up as many quests alllow and killing everything. even with the new mechanic for conquest, you'll have groups splitting up as needed to get kills for conquest while one person still runs toward main path for ending.
Most players that "zerg" are not going to be impacted by this. It's just going to make quests longer for those who don't like to play that way.

popejubal

How are people feeling about the scaled-down xp changes we saw with this update? Postive? Negative?
I’m apprehensive about what’s coming in the future but I like this portion of the change. I like the greater visibility and I like knowing that I really do want to run at level + 2 instead of level + 4 like I have been.

T.O.

Is R1 really hard? We already split up on low reaper to kill a optional. Not for the opt xp. It's usually not worth it. It's the MM hit that in some lower level quest is more than the quest xp. lol

I did so much R1 solo leveling for racials that I am sick of R1 anything.

Spook

The first time bonus. I didn't fully spell that one out.

Reaper First time bonus reduced to 45%. 50% of reaper's first time bonus has been moved into a new Delving Tier (Hard 50%/Elite 100%/Reaper 150%)
So 50% reduction and 50% increase means no change assuming running Reaper at level

kylstrem

Is R1 really hard? We already split up on low reaper to kill a optional. Not for the opt xp. It's usually not worth it. It's the MM hit that in some lower level quest is more than the quest xp. lol

I did so much R1 solo leveling for racials that I am sick of R1 anything.
R3 becomes as easy as R1 when soloing once you have all the gear sets, past lives, reaper points. R6 is about the sweet spot for groups of 3 or less to work on getting reaper XP. and In R6 you usually aren't worried about the normal XP, jut the reaper XP. and while conquest helps that a little, it's not worth spending the extra time in a quest to get if it requires lots of optional areas

i just don't think there was ever huge groups of players getting RED alert all the time. When I've run with 6 Maxed past life (quad triple completionist with 100 to 156 reaper point builds), everything just dies very quickly on the way to the completion. So this won't change much of the behavior for those who are already running burning through quests at R6 to R10.

I'm currently only running R1 to get from 1 to 20 as fast as I can to finish up the Archetypes 3x past life for each one. Already got max Reaper... so I just want to complete quests as fast as possible. And so far this change has had no impact on my behavior.

popejubal

Does conquest increase the Reaper XP earned? I may have misread it but it seemed like the Reaper XP was not adjusted for conquest/traps/bravery/etc..

It sounded like RXP was only impacted by the first time bonus + voice/VIP/ship buffs/pots.

TrinityTurtle

Does conquest increase the Reaper XP earned? I may have misread it but it seemed like the Reaper XP was not adjusted for conquest/traps/bravery/etc..

It sounded like RXP was only impacted by the first time bonus + voice/VIP/ship buffs/pots.
REaper xp has always gone up for conquest/traps/bravery/etc. You can easily see this just by going into any reaper, look at the amount of reaper you get after the first ten kills, then start getting the bonuses and you'll see it go up. You don't have to take my word for it at all, the game will literally show you.

kylstrem

yeah, reaper xp is impacted by Conquest, ransack, traps, etc. But when the bonus is only on the base value of the reaper, it's nice to get conquest, but doesn't significantly change the overall value at the end... certainly not worth spending an extra 5-10 minutes in a dungeon for.... maybe if you are doing epics at reaper 6 to 10... but of course that means even longer int he quest as unless you have are with 5 other people who are maxed and know what they are doing, you are going to get diminishing returns on time vs return value.