XP Potions Losing Time.

Aragadi

I know there was another thread about this not too long ago, but I couldn't find it to bump. Starting a new one so hopefully, the issue gets some attention.

I started an epic TR today, grabbed fresh guild buffs, and used a 6-hour potion before collecting saga rewards. After getting all set up I went off to run some quests. 1 glanced up at my buff bar after finishing the last quest I was going to do for the day and my guild buffs had ticked down by 1 hour and 4 minutes, while my xp potion had gone down by 1 hour and 38 minutes.

This should really be a high-priority issue.

Update:

My guild has 5 hour buffs, after they completely ran out my 6 hour xp potion only had 26 minutes and 58 seconds left.

Last edited:

Eleazzar

I know there was another thread about this not too long ago, but I couldn't find it to bump. Starting a new one so hopefully, the issue gets some attention.

I started an epic TR today, grabbed fresh guild buffs, and used a 6-hour potion before collecting saga rewards. After getting all set up I went off to run some quests. 1 glanced up at my buff bar after finishing the last quest I was going to do for the day and my guild buffs had ticked down by 1 hour and 4 minutes, while my xp potion had gone down by 1 hour and 38 minutes.

This should really be a high-priority issue.
That urks me to no end. I noticed this a while back as well when I was inquiring why my HP kept dropping when I relog.

Ellisaria

This keeps me from buying cash shop potions. 6 hour timer that only ticks down in quests seems nice on paper, except every time I log in and out of characters, log for the night, get kicked from the game, or the game crashes, I lose time off the booster when I shouldn't as I am in a public area. My worst loss was 40 minutes off my boost from DCing in Sharn's clifftops. Was only disconnected from the game for 3 minutes at most (not that that should matter in a public instance where boosters are not supposed to tick down). Won't buy any more unless that gets fixed because I am NOT sitting down for 6+ hours of straight questing; that would be so draining and bad for you!

comfy

the comfortable
I am NOT sitting down for 6+ hours of straight questing; that would be so draining and bad for you!
Hehe yea....
dd0.png

axel15810

It would not be easy, but I really wish XP pots could be changed from time based to X number of quests completed based. Would solve any issue like this and probably alone do more to help with the zerging and upping red alerts issues than any conquest changes will. It would be complicated to do it b/c you'd have to figure out the right numbers to keep them equivalent to the time based pots we have now, and also figure out how to balance them for wilderness areas. But should be do-able.

Baahb3

Ressurecting this thread...

I admit, I don't monitor my XP pot time very closely, and you would not notice this unless you were under an hour of time. But this last racial life, we were cutting it close on our current potion and I noticed some chunk removals of time on my pot when I would go from Public into a quest. Wilderness to Quest does not have this problem.

I decided to do some in and out of quest zoning in the harbor with my last 9 min and here are my results:

8:50 Out - 8:34 In = -16s
8:29 Out - 7:57 In = -32s
7:51 Out - 9:26 In = +95s
9:17 Out - 8:38 In = -39s
8:31 Out - 8:04 In = -27s
7:55 Out - 7:29 In = -26s
7:24 Out - 8:56 In = +92s
8:50 Out - 7:58 In = -52s
7:53 Out - 7:22 In = -31s
7:17 Out - 6:53 In = -24s
6:49 Out - 8:26 In = +97s
--Total +37s

This is just zoning in and then immediatly stepping out. No long load times, I would say 1-3s each way. Nothing to account for the time changes in the pot.

Granted this is a small sample size but something strange is going on with how the game handles this. My sample shows I was actually + time over the 11 logins but this should be something that is looked into in my opinion.

Notes: Argonesson Server, Level 10 Character, Recovering the Lost Tome (Quest used for testing), Major Learing Bonus (20% - 6 Hour Pot)

Beast

It would not be easy, but I really wish XP pots could be changed from time based to X number of quests completed based. Would solve any issue like this and probably alone do more to help with the zerging and upping red alerts issues than any conquest changes will. It would be complicated to do it b/c you'd have to figure out the right numbers to keep them equivalent to the time based pots we have now, and also figure out how to balance them for wilderness areas. But should be do-able.
This is one of the best solution for sure, but greed policy are more common, and scammy practices are better suited to company that don't care about customers.
Sad part of all this, that is in the game we like.

PersonMan

Also note that your buff bar and examine window will often give you two different times for your XP pots. iirc the examine window is correct and the buff bar can be wildly inaccurate.

Lazuli

This is one of the best solution for sure, but greed policy are more common, and scammy practices are better suited to company that don't care about customers.
Sad part of all this, that is in the game we like.
I'm not sure it's the best option, because if it only works in quest completion then we couldn't use it for sagas.

Beast

I'm not sure it's the best option, because if it only works in quest completion then we couldn't use it for sagas.
true, but still it won't be wasted and will not force you to speedrun like a devil though quests.

Baahb3

Also note that your buff bar and examine window will often give you two different times for your XP pots. iirc the examine window is correct and the buff bar can be wildly inaccurate.
I had not thought of that. The above numbers were from the buff bar and not the examination box. Would have to repeat here the next time my pot is under an hour to verify. Good information though.

Br4d

If you login on your guild ship you are likely to notice XP pots and slayer pots ticking for several seconds as everything settles down. You might not notice on pots with long durations left but you will definitely notice once seconds are displayed.

I logout at the ship door entrance for this reason. Not that the pot doesn't tick down in the Harbor but it usually takes substantially less time for everything to settle than on a guild ship.

Lazuli

If you login on your guild ship you are likely to notice XP pots and slayer pots ticking for several seconds as everything settles down. You might not notice on pots with long durations left but you will definitely notice once seconds are displayed.

I logout at the ship door entrance for this reason. Not that the pot doesn't tick down in the Harbor but it usually takes substantially less time for everything to settle than on a guild ship.
Good to know, Thanks!

droid327

Honestly, this would just be a sideways move. It would solve the issues with having to hoard seconds on your timer...but it'd create an analogous suite of issues about hoarding quest completions. People would refuse to join pugs if it was for the "wrong" quests, refuse to join raids and "waste" a completion on their pot, etc.

And then, yes, it would no longer be able to work on Saga XP, no longer be able to work on Slayer XP, no longer be able to work on Otto's XP, or any non-quest source like Monster Manual - and that would be a definite step backwards and make a lot of people upset.