Ying's Reaper Bow

Tuxedomanwashere

The main thing is Warlock Soul Eater tree Tier 2 enhancement Taint the Aura lets you stack up -10 PRR, MRR to debuff bosses. I also like the Warlock Tier 1 Soul Eater option for -30% threat reduction which allows more DPS in certain situations without getting aggro.
Ah. For some reason I didn't see it when I was looking at the tier 2 enhancements of the tree. Failed a spot check I guess.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Out of curiosity, how does 2 wlk levels provide a net DPS benefit?
It's a benefit against bosses, because bosses are the only mobs that live long enough to debuff. I played the 2 Warlock version for many months, and it worked in our raids. But I also saw many copies of this build on Khyber, and never saw them use Consume to trigger Taint the Aura. So when I created this version, I took that into account. Because making a build easy to play is as important as creating a solid build. No point making a complicated build that people can't (or won't) follow. If you're in the rare position of pushing skulls against raid bosses, I recommend having a character in your raid makeup that can apply Taint the Aura. We use a dedicated debuffer build that includes it along with Knock the Sky, LGS-style weapon debuffs, etc.

_oOxytocin_

Hey Ying, just wondering, just wondering if there meant to be 3ap in acrobat too (for move speed?)
Or just tabaxi is enough?

Ying

5000+ hours played
Hey Ying, just wondering, just wondering if there meant to be 3ap in acrobat too (for move speed?)
Or just tabaxi is enough?
It's player preference. I'll swap out the 3 critical mastery from Assassin for it if I'm focusing on RXP. For raids, the acrobat move speed isn't needed.

Spartacvs

Ying... I wonder if you would be so kind and look over my poor attempt at your Reaper build.
I don't own Tabaxi so I went with Wood Elf
I don't have neraly the points you do in several areas and so I had to make do with what I have.
My other thing was to level as a melee and respec at 32 but I didnt flesh that out yet.
Thanks in advance...

Ying

5000+ hours played
Wood Elf is a fine choice. If I wasn't Tabaxi (primarily for the move speed), I'd be Wood Elf. In fact, the previous versions of the bow builds I've posted have been Wood Elf. Tabaxi just fits better with my playstyle because I'm a runspeed junkie.

The build works if you don't have all the past lives, but you obviously lose the associated benefits.

Spartacvs

Wood Elf is a fine choice. If I wasn't Tabaxi (primarily for the move speed), I'd be Wood Elf. In fact, the previous versions of the bow builds I've posted have been Wood Elf. Tabaxi just fits better with my playstyle because I'm a runspeed junkie.

The build works if you don't have all the past lives, but you obviously lose the associated benefits.
Should I folllow your 1st life build & if so will it stand up in reapers?

Ying

5000+ hours played
The first life bow guide is really for new players who have very limited content. The gearset is limited to Sharn and assumes you earn trees like Vistani and Harper along the way just by playing the game. While I've played that toon in R1 raids, I certainly wouldn't bring it to mid or high skull reapers. That's the point of this build, which assumes you've accumulated the relavent past lives and have access to the gear. It answers the question, "How do I build a ranged character for challenging end-game content?" when you want to create a character that can do high-skull reaps.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Conjured arrows. If you have the Void, the Endless Cold bow from Baba, you can use those instead.

Sheikra

Oh man, I thought since you weren't AA you couldn't use conjured arrows, but now I see it is in the HW tree. Sorry!

Ying

5000+ hours played
No worries. I included the Conjure Arrows in the build, because the majority of players aren't going to have a Void, the Endless Cold.

Spartacvs

The first life bow guide is really for new players who have very limited content. The gearset is limited to Sharn and assumes you earn trees like Vistani and Harper along the way just by playing the game. While I've played that toon in R1 raids, I certainly wouldn't bring it to mid or high skull reapers. That's the point of this build, which assumes you've accumulated the relavent past lives and have access to the gear. It answers the question, "How do I build a ranged character for challenging end-game content?" when you want to create a character that can do high-skull reaps.
excellent point...thanks for your contributions

Neurik

I happend to roll a gem of many facets with Vulkoor's might and Vulkoor's chosen on it. I only have 2 perfect silence augments at the time so no +3 sneak dice for me. Thoughts on swapping out the red dragon armor for Legendary Vulkoorim fighting leathers and using leg bracers of the claw to capture both sets plus dread curse? Legendary Vulkoor's chosen gives:

2 Pieces Equipped:
  • +30 Artifact bonus to Poison Resistance
  • +3 Sneak Dice
  • +3 Artifact bonus to Saving Throws
  • +3 Artifact bonus to Dexterity and Constitution
Of course this also means I miss out on Windlasher's Ferocity and the artifact DS and RP

Ying

5000+ hours played
I'd use that gem if I had it. Red Dragon Armor is a luxury in a gear set. Not many fire-stripping nukers around these days to make Dripping with Magma worthwhile on immune mobs.

Neurik

Thank you for the quick reply. My gear set for your build is back from when it used MA/VOD sets with PN/THtH raid gear sprinkled it, I took a long break so have not even run skelles yet and I still need 2 more Tabaxi lives to finish off racials again. Even in this old form, the build still pumps the DSP. I am running 1 level of barb with Tabaxi for the really stupid move speed but will rebuild with Pally when I TR soon. Thanks again.

Neurik

Oliphant

Thank you for the quick reply. My gear set for your build is back from when it used MA/VOD sets with PN/THtH raid gear sprinkled it, I took a long break so have not even run skelles yet and I still need 2 more Tabaxi lives to finish off racials again. Even in this old form, the build still pumps the DSP. I am running 1 level of barb with Tabaxi for the really stupid move speed but will rebuild with Pally when I TR soon. Thanks again.

Neurik
I'm not sure if its the curse immunity or what about that gearset but I always found it very good defensively.

Neurik

Can someone sanity check my gear here without spending too much time. My decisions were based on a few factors: 1. I have not run Skeletons in the Closet yet so it would probably be some time before I acquired the necessary raid gear from it. 2. I have a reaper +2 all stats Legendary Mask of Vulkoorim that I want to try and fit in and 3. Since I have a Vulkoors chosen/might rolled gem of many facets I wanted to see if I could work in 4 set bonuses without gimping the build. I have not spent enough time trying to figure out if I can use augments/scales/fangs, etc to fill in the gaps not covered by the items.

Head-Mask of Vulkoorim- Dex 13, Dodge 13, Armor Pierce 20, Ref Save 11, +2 Reaper Stats
Neck-Pendant of the Sky-Ins Devo 74, Fang tbd-Dread Curse
Eyes-Blazing Sniper Sights Deadly 11, Q Deadly 3, Doubleshot 9, Ins Doubleshot 5
Trinket-Gem of Many Facets-Vulkoors Chosen/Vulkoors Might
Chest-Vulkoorum Fighting Leathers-Imp Deception 20, Fire Res 51, Acc 21, Ins Deception 5-Vulkoors Chosen
Back-Cape of the Roc-Feather Fall, Str 13, Ins Str 6, Speed 30-Windlasher's Ferocity
Wrist-Bracers of the Claw-Ins Con 6, Fort 146%, Parry 6, False Life 51-Vulkoors Might
Waist-Belt of the Black Sands-Con 14, Invis Guard, Ghostly, Claw Slot-Dread Curse
Ring-Dino Artifact-Dread Curse
Ring-Signet ring of the XXXX-doesnt matter for Dread Curse set and aug slots only-Dread Curse
Feet-Dustless Boots-Assissinate 16, Ins Deception 5, Speed 30, Move Silently 21-Windlashers Ferocity
Hands-Birchlore Gauntlets: Heal lore 22, Devotion 149, Vitality 47, Scale-Wis 14-Dread Curse
Main-Chaosbow-Fetters, Elasticity, Ranged Alacrity, Anarchic 6
Quiver-Epic Purifying-Burning/Blunted ammo

Sets:

Vulkoors Chosen-Artifact: 30 poison resist, 3 sneak die, 3 saving throws, 3 dex and con
Vulkoors Might-Artifact: Increase threat 20%, attack 3, dam 3, crit confirm 3, sneak attack 3, sneak dam 3
Windlashers Ferocity-Artifact: doubleshot 15, ranged power 15
Dread Curse-Profane: Ranged Power 15, Univ Spell Power 25, PRR 30, Spell DCs 2, All Abilities 2, Atk and Dam 4

Last edited: