DDO Character Planner - DDOBuilder Version 2

Pineapple

A few issues I encountered using the latest version of the builder. (2.0.0.14)

Upgraded legendary Sora Kell items (at least helm, ring, and gloves) are missing the Perfected Wrath set.

Many Isle of dread items are missing iod crafting slots and augment slots. (Legendary Magma waders and legendary pendant of the sea) Lindals mighty belt is also missing augment slots.

For Augments, I like the selection for the type of augment, then selecting the level, however I didn't think some of these existed, in particular insightful stat diamonds, +5 is available at level 24, I don't think I've ever seen anything more than this. Additionally the dropdown for these gets very long, possibly some menus similar to the filigrees would help make it easier to navigate.

One other issue I had which resolved after reloading the file was in the epic destinies I only had points from past lives, tomes, and unlocked destinies, no destiny points from being level 32. Not sure how much more detail I can provide there unfortunately.

One final point/suggestion, I tried out feature where you can change what level the build is for, great feature however is it possible to in the background have saved the higher level selections / gear load outs. I was a bit surprised that when I reselected level 32( from 20) all epic level feats and all my gear had been reset to blank.

Fauxknight

Issue I found:

None of these seemed to work despite equipping simple weapons. Was working on Blighted Wolf build, so tried with and without wolf form as well as several weapon types. Double checked in live game to make sure they should apply in Wolf form and they do:

Battalion Brew (Feat)
Vile Chemist - Deadly Poison I
Deadly Poison II
Deadly Poison III
Deadly Poison IV

I also did not see the Eye augments from Lower Morgraive:
The Eye of Lammania
The Eye of Mabar
The Eye of Dolurrh
The Eye of Daanvi
The Eye of Shavarath

Total Sneak Attack Dice also seemed incorrect to me. All the small items added up properly from trees, gear, and filigrees, but it listed a base 'feat' bonus at 7, when the character should have had 1 base from levels being BlC 12, Rogue 2, Alch 6.

Graceana

Stealer of Souls
The destiny trees don't appear to be calculating available points to spend correctly. I tested making a friend's build, and he should have had 61 points to spend. The planner only gave me 13 points to work with.

Fauxknight

The destiny trees don't appear to be calculating available points to spend correctly. I tested making a friend's build, and he should have had 61 points to spend. The planner only gave me 13 points to work with.

I had that issue when I first made the character, only got permanent destiny points. Closing the build and reopening it gave the points from leveling.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.15 Now Available

This brings us up to date with U65 LIve release. Many more items are now working (going alphabetically and part way through the Epic items now). Also a few other reported issues fixed and some development.

---The item select dialog now supports a maximum of 15 augment slots (up from 10)
---Creating a new "life" will keep the past lives of the previously selected life (Requested by Melkizadek1)
---Quest sorting will no longer fail in debug
---The Completionist feat will now once again be awarded correctly at level 3 as Archetype past lives now count (Reported by YoureNotDead)
---Bonuses for wielding a "Favored Weapon" should now apply better - may still be issues in this area (Reported by YoureNotDead)
---Selecting the clear feat option "No Selection" will now work correctly when "Show all feats even when untrainable" is enabled. (Reported by Melkizadek1)
---Missing Normal/Epic/Legendary Deadly Diabolist set bonuses added
---Enhancement selections now support optional Ranks elements, UI updated to allow variable ranks in an enhancement
---Epic and Legendary levels will now correctly award Destiny Points to spend in the Epic Destiny trees again.
---Dragon Lord class description updated.
---Missing augment "The Eye of Dolurrh" added (reported by davidcysero)
---New lives should now have the correct breakdown totals
---"Tempest: Dance of Death" effects now have the correct vector size
---All "Shiradi Champion: Fey Countenance + Favored Enemy's" effects fixed to correct stacking type
---Many other xml errors fixed
---The weapon DR breakdown listing will now list its entries better when being viewed
---65 new items auto downloaded from the wiki and images set for them. Now have 7168 items.
---Multiple bad "Build Switched" notification removed on file load
---Sentient Jewel of the Vaunt Arcane Assistant added (Reported by DiQuintino)
---The Notes pane has been added. Notes are specific to a given build.
---Many more item errors fixed (down to less than 2.9k now)

U65 Changes
---Dragon Lord enhancement tree updated to match live
---Dragon Lord Ravager enhancement tree update to match live

---Divine Crusader tree updated to match live
---Draconic Incarnation tree updated to match live
---Exalted Angel tree updated to match live
---Fatesinger tree updated to match live
---Fury of the Wild tree updated to match live
---Grandmaster of Flowers tree updated to match live
---Legendary Dreadnought tree updated to match live
---Machrotechnic tree updated to match live
---Magus of the Eclipse tree updated to match live
---Primal Avatar tree updated to match live
---Shadowdancer tree updated to match live
---Shiradi Champion tree updated to match live
---Unyielding Sentinel tree updated to match live

---Quest "An Explosive Situation" is now level 4
---Quest "The Sunken Sewer" is now level 3
---Quest "Missing in Action" is now level 3
---Knight of the Chalice's Exalted Cleave now deals +20% damage (previously +10%).
---Arcane Archer's Arrow of Slaying now deals +250% Damage and +25 flat damage (also Elf version)
---Arcane Archer's Final Strike has been renamed Opening Volley. (also Elf version)
---Arcane Archer's Inferno Shot has been renamed to Elemental Inferno. The DOT's damage description updated (also Elf version)

Link in signature

Reactions: dur

Punkpogoer2

I have not been able to add equipment for the past few updates. I type the item name or partial name in the filter and nothing will pop up. Am I doing something wrong?

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.16

---NEW *****Option in File menu to Import DDOBuilder V1 files*****
---Note that some work probably still needs to be done on this feature to get into all the nooks and crannies

---New bonus type "Untyped" added
---"Epic Mage Armor" and "Machrotechnic: Armor of Legends" now generate the correct effects
---Feat "Tactical master" now has the correct name
---Weapon breakdowns will now update on an enhancement train/revoke action
---"Machrotechnic: Armor of Legends" effects implemented when interacting with other Drive enhancements
---Machrotechnic Destiny Mantle now has the correct icon
---"Machrotechnic: Forcefield Generator" hit point bonus is now correctly a percentage increase
---"Ravager: Draconic Power Attack" (Dragon Lord version) now correctly costs 1ap/rank (Reported by Larendell)
---"Shiradi Champion: Fey Countenance"" now correctly requires a min spent of 20DPs to train (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
---"Tabaxi: Sharp Claws II" no longer crashes the software when selected
---Feats are now verified and revoked if required on a Race change
---Several enhancement tree items will now correctly show as a Clickie when selected
---All epic destiny cores that should grant 5 Ranged Power rather than 4 updated
---Old Epic Destiny fate Points awarded at Epic levels 28, 29 and 30 removed (Reported by CBDunk)
---Set bonuses will now be correctly applied when switching builds
---Paladins "Radiant Servant: Endless Turning" now correctly costs 1ap / rank (Reported by Warsaga)
---Missing "Deconstructor" augment added
---More item errors fixed (Down to 2600 errors)

Link in signature

Terraism

Hi there. I'm trying to switch over from v1 to v2 as my primary builder - they're both lovely, but v2 is lovelier (and thank you for all your work on both). I figure that users willing to report errors is probably helpful at this point - is there a list of known bugs already so I don't report something you already know about? There's the issues list on the github repo (https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilderV2/issues) but it's hardly exhaustive. If you have a preference, I'll try to report things in whatever way works best for your process.

Thanks!

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Hi there. I'm trying to switch over from v1 to v2 as my primary builder - they're both lovely, but v2 is lovelier (and thank you for all your work on both). I figure that users willing to report errors is probably helpful at this point - is there a list of known bugs already so I don't report something you already know about? There's the issues list on the github repo (https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilderV2/issues) but it's hardly exhaustive. If you have a preference, I'll try to report things in whatever way works best for your process.

Thanks!
I am interested more in problems that are not about items at this point, as I still have ~2.5k issues with the items. Its the other areas of the software/data that need the coverage. There is also a "KnownBugs.txt" file in the repository but it is not exhaustive in any way. Your best option is to report issues as actual bugs reports at this time, or to leave comments in this thread. I pick them up from both places.

Last edited:

Terraism

Bug Reports, Batch 1
Quick question - does it help to make the character file available with the bug report? I can come back and add them if needed.
  • Many toggles are considered "Major Forms" and mutually exclusive when they aren't - notably:
    • Knight's Transformation (wizard Eldritch Knight) mutually exclusive with Shroud of {type} (wizard Pale Master)
  • Similarly, others are grouped into mutually exclusive "Combat Stance", including:
    • Nature's Defense (druid, Nature's Protector) mutually exclusive with Rage or Power Attack (likewise, the latter two are also mutually exclusive)
  • BAB Override applying +1 BAB instead of setting it to character level (tested with EK Knight's Transformation and Divine Crusader Holy Mantle)
  • Two-weapon fighting appears not recognized, due to:
    • No attack penalty for non-light offhand
    • Tempest shield of whirling steel AC/PRR/MRR inactive even when two weapons are set
    • Two-weapon defense inactive (including MRR cap)
  • Off-hand doublestrike calculated incorrectly with Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting(50% main hand doublestrike + flat 15 from PTWF, as opposed to 65% main hand)
    • Example: 21% doublestrike; off-hand should be 13 (21% * 0.65), showing as 25 (21% * 0.5 + 15).
  • Harper Strategic Combat 1 & 2 not applying Intelligence to attack/damage for weapons. Know the Angles does apply, as does Eldritch Knight Eldritch Accuracy (attack only).
  • Main hand ability modifier not applying effect of Natural Fighting feats even when an animal form is toggled on in the major forms, showing as 1.00. [Not a bug. It requires a two-handed weapon. Whoops!]
  • Divine Crusader Mighty Crusade throws many copies of error "Effect 'Divine Crusader: Mighty Crusade' has incorrect Amount vector size. Stacks present are 20". Appears to provide 0.5 to AC/PRR regardless of number of copies of Religious Lore.

Once again, I really appreciate everything you've put into this software; I've always been more partial to the 1.x version than the character builder light, and I'm hoping these reports are helpful, not irritating. Have a good Friday!

Last edited:

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Bug Reports, Batch 1
Quick question - does it help to make the character file available with the bug report? I can come back and add them if needed.
  • Many toggles are considered "Major Forms" and mutually exclusive when they aren't - notably:
    • Knight's Transformation (wizard Eldritch Knight) mutually exclusive with Shroud of {type} (wizard Pale Master)
  • Similarly, others are grouped into mutually exclusive "Combat Stance", including:
    • Nature's Defense (druid, Nature's Protector) mutually exclusive with Rage or Power Attack (likewise, the latter two are also mutually exclusive)
  • BAB Override applying +1 BAB instead of setting it to character level (tested with EK Knight's Transformation and Divine Crusader Holy Mantle)
  • Two-weapon fighting appears not recognized, due to:
    • No attack penalty for non-light offhand
    • Tempest shield of whirling steel AC/PRR/MRR inactive even when two weapons are set
    • Two-weapon defense inactive (including MRR cap)
  • Off-hand doublestrike calculated incorrectly with Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting(50% main hand doublestrike + flat 15 from PTWF, as opposed to 65% main hand)
    • Example: 21% doublestrike; off-hand should be 13 (21% * 0.65), showing as 25 (21% * 0.5 + 15).
  • Harper Strategic Combat 1 & 2 not applying Intelligence to attack/damage for weapons. Know the Angles does apply, as does Eldritch Knight Eldritch Accuracy (attack only).
  • Main hand ability modifier not applying effect of Natural Fighting feats even when an animal form is toggled on in the major forms, showing as 1.00.
  • Divine Crusader Mighty Crusade throws many copies of error "Effect 'Divine Crusader: Mighty Crusade' has incorrect Amount vector size. Stacks present are 20". Appears to provide 0.5 to AC/PRR regardless of number of copies of Religious Lore.

Once again, I really appreciate everything you've put into this software; I've always been more partial to the 1.x version than the character builder light, and I'm hoping these reports are helpful, not irritating. Have a good Friday!
Most of these have now been fixed for the next release, but I was unable to reproduce the Natural Fighting issue, as the effects seemed to apply correctly in Bear or Dire Bear form (which are the only animal forms the feat says it efefcts for main hand ability damage modifier)

Terraism

Most of these have now been fixed for the next release, but I was unable to reproduce the Natural Fighting issue, as the effects seemed to apply correctly in Bear or Dire Bear form (which are the only animal forms the feat says it efefcts for main hand ability damage modifier)
Hah, of course you're already on top of those. Very odd on the Natural Fighting issue - I've tried several different times and ended up with the same each time. I'm attaching a screenshot with a case shown here (couldn't show two breakdowns at once, but in addition to showing the main hand ability multiplier at 1.00, I can confirm the damage calculation is showing +9 ability, as appropriate for a 29 Str. And it's definitely recognizing that dire bear form is activated, because the AC is showing the expected +15% increase.

Hopefully this helps somewhat?

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Hah, of course you're already on top of those. Very odd on the Natural Fighting issue - I've tried several different times and ended up with the same each time. I'm attaching a screenshot with a case shown here (couldn't show two breakdowns at once, but in addition to showing the main hand ability multiplier at 1.00, I can confirm the damage calculation is showing +9 ability, as appropriate for a 29 Str. And it's definitely recognizing that dire bear form is activated, because the AC is showing the expected +15% increase.

Hopefully this helps somewhat?
Aha, it looks like you're not in the THF stance.

Natural Fighting
Natural Fighting grants you +4 Melee Power, Physical Resistance and Doublestrike chance while in a druid animal form.
If in Bear/Dire Bear form, your Two-Handed ability mod increases by 25% and +[60/30/30]% Strikethrough per time acquiring this feat.
This feat can be taken up to three times, and gives no benefit to druids in elemental forms.

Terraism

Aha, it looks like you're not in the THF stance.

Natural Fighting
Natural Fighting grants you +4 Melee Power, Physical Resistance and Doublestrike chance while in a druid animal form.
If in Bear/Dire Bear form, your Two-Handed ability mod increases by 25% and +[60/30/30]% Strikethrough per time acquiring this feat.
This feat can be taken up to three times, and gives no benefit to druids in elemental forms.
Oh, boy, that makes sense. I'd always assumed that anything counted that way because Strikethrough works (and likewise, hand-and-half get at least some increased scaling with the THF chain). Well, good point! Not a bug.