DDO Character Planner - DDOBuilder Version 2

It's probably me but..

Inquisitive, Falconry et al. How do you add them? The only option I can see is in the Favour feats but their not getting added to the Enhancement list. The Sharn favour rewards also won't let me go past rank 2.

Looking good so far though.
In the enhancements window, under the enhancement trees, there are toggles for all the unlockable trees.

Garix

In the enhancements window, under the enhancement trees, there are toggles for all the unlockable trees.
That's where I was expecting to see them. Wasn't until I resized the enhancements panel (rather than just scrolling to the bottom) that I found them.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.9 Now Available

This release brings us many code fixes and updates to several thousand items. There are still 4.6k errors in the item files.

---Completed quests data structures added
---Training/revoking a past life will now update the ability [+]/[-] button states correctly
---Item tooltips will now show Race Absolutely Required/Excluded text as required
---Fixed an item Buff display bug which made text empty for anything with an ignore field
---Augment lists will no longer show augment duplicates
---Items with a ':' in their name should now be created correctly
---Apothecary enhancement tree images fixed
---Many item errors fixed
---Changing an item in an active gear set will now only notify about that item
---Item effects that affect weapons should now work correctly
---Skills control will now retain the selection state on a L/R button event
---The mainframe now supports a progress bar displayed in the status bar for long operations
---Items and Item Images are now loaded asynchronously once the other data has been loaded. Note that Load/Save actions are disabled during this period
---All Registry entries should now be correctly redirected to the ini file
---Items with a yellow slot should now parse in the wiki parser better
---Some specific set bonuses (such as greensteel Ethereal/opposition etc) can now specifically be marked to not be matched for when parsing item wiki files
---IoD Brightscale spell penetration bonus is now correctly an Equipment bonus
---Isle of Dread augments in multiple items will no longer erroneously stack
---Arcane Archer (and Elf AA) "True Strike" has the correct AP cost and description
---Divine Disciple: Light and Dark now correctly has 3 stacks
---Feats "Spell Focus Specialty: <School>" are now only blocked by the "Epic Spell Focus: <School>" feats
---Missing U63 items downloaded and parsed from wiki. Item images set
---Doublestrike is now a level 22 Epic Destiny feat (not 25)
---The breakdown control will now highlight items with duplicate non-stacking effects in RED (when not selected)
---Builds in a life are now sorted by level
---Enhancement "Pale Master: Necrotic Bolt" now has the correct enhancement requirement
---An requirements bug was fixed
---Missing Curses added:
------Curse of Uncontrollable Energy
------Curse of Future Sight
------Curse of the Winding Dirge
------Curse of the Merciless
------Curse of the Unfeeling
------Curse of Ghostly Haunting
---"Agents of Argonnessen Favor Rewards" feat is now spelt correctly

U64 Augments and Set Bonuses Added:
---Imbued Infusion
---Bold Tactician
---Subtle Blade
---Legendary Bulwark

Link in signature as always.

d3x-dt3

I am not sure if this is an intention or not, but granted feats from class levels don't appear to influence the corresponding item in the breakdown window. For example, at Alchemist level 2, Insightful Reflexes does not actually change the ability bonus used for the reflex save calculation, even when intelligence is higher than dexterity.

Last edited:

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
I am not sure if this is an intention or not, but granted feats from class levels don't appear to influence the corresponding item in the breakdown window. For example, at Alchemist level 2, Insightful Reflexes does not actually change the ability bonus used for the reflex save calculation, even when intelligence is higher than dexterity.
This has been fixed for the next version.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.10 Now Available

This build sees many fixes applied to the source ans items. Item errors are down to around 4.2k. There is now also a Example Builds folder which only contains a file for my end game Monk build, but as of writing it matched all values for the active breakdowns with Builder V1.

---Item select drop combo tooltips will now show for the first item selected
---Item augment tooltips will no longer ASSERT in debug if there is no icon image field
---Augments that apply a set bonus (Such as Lost Purpose) will now have the correct icons
---Various augments such as "Lost Purpose" augments will no longer list the set bonus values twice
---Duplicate "Crystallized Unicorn Tear" augment removed
---Items with suppressed set bonuses due to a slotted augment will now say so in the set bonus info section
---The Favor pane now has a patron column for the quest list
---Patron column is now populated
---Sorting by Patron will then sort by quest level / name after
---Menu for favor level selected added
---The wiki item download processor will now process all but item effects for files with the NoAutoUpdate flag
---"Cure Light/Moderate/Serious Wounds" is now correctly a level 2/3/4 Dark Hunter spells
---Enhancement trees "Dark Apostate" and "Radiant Servant (Pal)" are no longer mutually exclusive (Reported by zilgabex)
---"Eldritch Knight: Spellsword" now correctly awards 1 Imbue dice at level 3 also [Wiz and Sorc versions] (Reported by Mummykiller)
---"Eldritch Knight: Knight's Transformation" "Knight's Strike" is now on a separate stance toggle (Reported by keluynn)
---Feat "Combat Archery" now correctly only requires 17 Dex (Reported by Orbalus)
---Eldritch Knight (Sorcerer) active attacks updated
---Sorcerer element tree SLA's text updated
---Henshin Mystic tree updated to match live
---Fury of the Wild: Speed or Strength updated
---Fury of the Wild: The Great Leveler updated
---Latest items downloaded and icons set
---"Max Dex Bonus" is now only shown once in armor tooltips
---"Dex Bonus" to armor is only shown is its not cloth armor
---Additional TOD set bonuses marked for parse ignore to get items to parse correctly
---Natures warrior tree updated to match live
---Item effects with roman numerals such as "Spell Lore VI" will now parse better from the wiki
---Dragontouched armors now work (with crafting)
---Set bonuses named "xxx (Legendary)" will now parse correctly
---Feats/Effects that substitute a different base ability for a save bonus now work (Reported by d3x-dt3)
---Ranger Favored Enemy feats damage reworked and descriptions updated
---Missing default "Favored Enemy (Passive)" feat added
---Cleric Domain feats renamed (Domain of ..., Improved, Greater and Master) and images updated
---Feat Starting World requirements now display correctly in tooltips
---Stance changes will now correctly filter through to weapon breakdowns
---Legacy "Special" feats that have since been renamed will now be correctly removed from the build when spotted
---Incorrect level parameters in some Requirement evaluations fixed
---"Grandmaster of Flowers: Epic Strike Upgrades" now has DC listings for each option
---Loaded files items and augment slots should now correctly upgrade to new versions
---Item upgrade slots should now upgrade correctly on load
---Column widths for breakdowns and items are now saved/restored
---Monks now has the correct save types per level for Reflex/Will
---Guild buffs are now loaded
---Guild level can now be set
---Guild buffs are now applied
---Class levels for classes "All" now work correctly
---Item buffs now support stances
---Copy breakdown data in the breakdowns view now works
---Celerity 3 pieces bonus changed to reflect the post https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/493571-Celerity?p=6064226#post6064226
---Armor bonuses are no longer erroneously added to Cloth/Robe armors
---Shintao monks will now correctly get their 25% competence bonus from enhancement tree when trained
---Monks now correctly get 10 maximum Ki per monk level
---Missing Fear Spell school DC added
---Augment "Draconic Soul Gem" now correctly affects Acid energy resistance
---Ninja Assassin 0.25[W] effect will now work
---Weapon Critical Threat range breakdown list will no longer show erroneous entries
---Critical Multiplier 19-20 breakdown will now correctly include the base Critical Multiplier amount
---Weapon DR effects bonuses are now of type "Weapon DR" and will always now correctly stack

Link in signature as always. But reports welcome.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
As a note I have TR'd my Monk and am comparing level by level upgrades of the builder V2 versus in game numbers.
Resolving discrepancies as I go. It's mostly accurate so far. (I am still level 1)

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.11 Is now available

I am currently leveling my Monk from 1-32 and checking values at every level to verify game data. I am currently level 4.

This version see's fixes from V1, items spotted during my character level and early support for the new Dragon Lord archetype that dropped on Lamannia ~3 hours ago.

---Startup no longer logs text on every file load to the log to speed things up
---Dodge no longer grants 1 AC
---Ocean Stance Dodge/Dodge cap fixed for tier 1
---Wind Stance: Doublestrike fixed for tier 1
---Aasimar: Ascendant Bond text and effects updated
---Damage dice bonus will now show correctly when the bonus is negative
---Guild buffs will no longer erroneously be applied when loading a document for the first time
---Bonus spell points due to Fate Points now correctly only apply from level 20 onwards
---Energy Absorbance from all the "Past Life: Arcane Sphere" feats effects now stack to get the numbers to match in game (rounded to 0dp)
---Past Life: Cleric - Dark Apostate now correctly awards 5 Negative spell power per stack
---New breakdown "Offhand Doublestrike" added and relevant effects updated
---Shintao: Elemental Curatives I..IV now correctly require "Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light"
------My monk build updated (as far as level 4)
---Debug ASSERT in Item upgrade code fixed
---Crash fixed for deleting a build which has weapons equipped
---"Mythic Power Boost" fixed
---"Inherent Spell Power" bonus type fixed
---Wiki processing of spell powers such as "Resonance" fixed
---Some views (stances/DCs) will no longer update twice on a build change notification
---Tabaxi: Nimble Cat I and Tabaxi: Improved Nimble Cat now correctly apply to Kukri's (Reported by Ntoukis)
---Tabaxi Trailblazer: Instinct I and Tabaxi Trailblazer: Improved Instincts now correctly apply to Kukri's (Reported by Ntoukis)
---Deepwood Stalker: Heavy Draw is now affected by bonuses to PA from enhancements in Ravager, Bladeforged, Half-Orc, Warforged and Legendary Dreadnought trees (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
---Legendary Dreadnought: Epic Tactics no longer erroneously affects Assassinate (Reported by SpartanKiller13)
---Sacred Defender: Redemption will now also add the spells to the Sacred Fist spell book (Reported by Daawsomeone)
---Cannith crafted items can now have a Deck Curse augment (Reported by rosstracy)
---"Vistani: One With Blades" description fixed (Reported by thomas-langworthy)
---"Elemental Damage" can now be selected multiple times in the Elf/Arcane Archer trees (Reported by Mummykiller and SpartanKiller13)
---Stormsinger: Efficient Metamagics I/II now correctly cost 2ap per tier and are single tier (Reported by Aaumini)

New Archetype Dragon Lord
---Class file "Dragon Lord" added
---Class skills set
---Stalwart Defender tree now uses Base Class requirements for Fighter/Dragon Lord
---Automatic Level 1 feats set
---Feat "Past Life: Fighter - Dragon Lord" added
---Minor, Major and Superior Draconic Aura feats added
---Minor, Major and Superior Draconic Aura feat slots added
---Barbarian and Dragon Lord "Ravager" trees set mutually exclusive
---Dragon Lord "Ravager" created from the barbarian Ravager tree

Cannith Crafting fixes:
---True Sight is now min level 2
---Underwater action is now min level 1
---Deathblock is now min level 1
---Silver Flame is now min level 6
---Persuasion is now min level 4
---Sacred is now min level 2
---Eternal Faith is now min level 8
---Blindness Immunity is now min level 4
---Regeneration is now min level 6

Known Issues:
Dr items such as Korthos Axebane and Spearblock do no list their DRs correctly
Dragon Lord ravager and Barabarian Ravager trees are mutually exclusive, but selecting core 1 in one does not deselect core 1 in the other tree (draw issue)

Link in signature as always.

davidcysero

Adamantine Body feat is missing, warforged/bladeforged should be able to get this feat and also artificer as one of their bonus feats

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Adamantine Body feat is missing, warforged/bladeforged should be able to get this feat and also artificer as one of their bonus feats
This feat has previously accidently been included in the Ignore list for released versions. Please delete the "IgnoredList.xml" file in your installations "DataFiles" sub folder. You will also have to restart the software after doing this.

davidcysero

This feat has previously accidently been included in the Ignore list for released versions. Please delete the "IgnoredList.xml" file in your installations "DataFiles" sub folder. You will also have to restart the software after doing this.
also i just found out that arcanotechnician: shocking vulnerability from artificer cost 2 points each when it should be 1 point for a maximun of 3 points

hamtech

I got a Small Wooden Idol from Rescuing Arlos on Hard Core. I don't know if it was from a mob or not. I needed one more for underwater action and noticed it at the end.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.12 Now Available

This release bring us a fully matching Dragon Lord class to Lamannia and lots of other general development and bug fixes.
My Monk is now level 15, and I have been squashing discrepancies when I can. Some seem unexplained like an unknown hitpoint difference (the builder comes out lower)

---Wiki processor will now apply the "Command" item buff with the right name
---A crash in Cannith item tooltips was fixed to report the problem instead of crashing
---Ocean stance dodge now gives 3/6/9/12 dodge, not 3/5/9/12
---"Seasons of the Feywild" now gives 10 Artifact hitpoints, not 10% Artifact hitpoints
---"Grandmaster's Dojo" and "Tactical Training Room" guild buffs now affect the correct tactics only
---Guild skill buffs upgrade from +1 to +2 now happens several level later (Still trying to determine the correct level)
---Guild Armory AC bonus for +4 now happens several level later (Still trying to determine the correct level)
---Dragon Lord enhancement tree text filled out
---Dragon Lord enhancement tree effects filled out
---Missing "Death Ward" clickie entry added
---DC calculations now support a 2nd tactical field (Required for Dragon Lord)
---Aasimar: True Resilience: Fallen now has the correct icon
---Gear sets will now paste with icons in the inventory view
---Dragon Lord and Barbarian Ravager Core1's will now show select ability correctly
---New requirement type Requirement_AlignmentType added. Test for a specific sub type of alignment, such as "Lawful"
---The class and feats view will now draw correctly on a build level change
---A crash caused by trying to start a name edit on an non-existent item was fixed
---Reaper mode HPs are now tracked in their own breakdown and are capped based on your character level
---Rune Arm items are now created with a Feat requirement of Artificer Run Arm by the wiki processor
---Items are now cleared from active gear if a required granted feat is revoked
---"Arcanotechnician: Shocking Vulnerability" now correctly costs 1ap
---Breakdowns export now uses better BB code options for DDO forum display
---Buff objects now support a requirements field
---Requirements will be applied to item buffs if present
---Item tooltips updated to sow requirements when present
---The favor pane will now resize better
---Favor progress bars will now draw correctly on a resize event
---Favor progress text will no longer extend beyond the right of the control when very small
---The quests list is now completed
---Favor rank tooltips will now show the max available favor for that patron
---Quests that have multiple entries (Devil Assault) now only contribute once to favor totals (elite rank)
---Total available favor is now setup correctly
---"Solo" option added to popup menu

Link in signature as always

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.13 Now Available

This release bring us ~500 item error fixes (down to 3667 from ~4200). Many many bug and data fixes elsewhere in source along with some general development also.

---File load progress bars in the status bar will no longer have their prompt overwritten if you interact with a menu while the action is in progress
---Wiki downloading will now show a progress bar
---Wiki file processing will now show a progress bar
---Nature's Protector tree updated to match live
---Archetypes of classes are now listed alphabetically after their base class in the class select drop down menu
---New hot key features of shift middle click added to enhancements/past lives buttons to allow bitmap transparency to be updated
---New hot key feature of shift+control+left click an enhancement to add an arrow up item of short/medium/long and relevant requirement to target item in enhancement trees of any type
---Immunities breakdown should now work
---Fixed a Dragon Lord past life effect
---Warlock Soul Eater tree updated to match live
---Warlock Tainted Scholar tree updated to match live
---Warlock Enlightened Spirit tree updated to match live
---DCs now support Base Class levels along side Class levels
---Missing set bonus "Epic Soul of the Red Dragon" added, items reprocessed
---Epic feats "Improved Martial Arts" and "Vorpal Strikes" can now be selected by "Sacred Fist"s
---Artificer Battle Engineer tree updated to match live
---Artificer Arcanotechnician tree updated to match live
---Artificer Renegade Mastermaker tree updated to match live
---switching races after switching a regular enhancement tree to a universal one will now no longer place the Racial tree in the wrong place
---Topaz of Spell Focus <School> from giant hold are now correctly +1, not +2 (Reported by d3x-dt3)
---XmlLib will now indent saved comments to the same level as surrounding xml items
---Enhancement Icon image transparency fixed for various trees
---Creating a new document will no longer disable all the past lives and special feats
---Dragon Lord: Ravager: Draconic Power Attack now correctly requires Power Attack to be trained
---Dragon Lord: Ravager: Hate is now correctly a clickie enhancement
---The software will no longer crash it you start loading items after a run that did not load in any items
---Enhancement trees will now retain the correct tree type when swapped (Reported by Melkizadek1)
---Heroic Greensteel accessories are now supported
---Heroic Greensteel weapons are stubbed
---The enhancements view Y scroll size is now correct (Reported by DougSK)
---The racial Elf enhancement tree was updated to match live
---The quests list will now populate and sort quicker
---The quests list is expanded on load to have an entry for each quests and each quests level
---The quests patron favor progress bars now draw slightly differently
---The Ranger: Deepwood stalker tree was updated to match live
---Various enhancement items icons fixed
---Various enhancements swapped between clickie/passive to be correct
---Pale Master Shroud enhancements now correctly affect "Shadow Shrouding" from the Dark Apostate tree

Link in signature as always

Last edited:

Bizmarkie

Maetrim,

First off, you're awesome, thank you! Second, major applause for being so responsive and having the curiosity to marry your interests of gaming and development in this way. I employ developers and the ones that have the spark like you have are hard to find.

Now my request: maybe im a cotton headed ninnymuffin, but in 2.0 is there a summary view of your build in text format, like the old "forum export"? When I get done planning, and want to start grinding in game, I take a few pics of the feat order and gear set on my phone, and set to it.

If it's not incorporated, it would be a neat addition.

Thanks,
Biz

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Maetrim,

First off, you're awesome, thank you! Second, major applause for being so responsive and having the curiosity to marry your interests of gaming and development in this way. I employ developers and the ones that have the spark like you have are hard to find.

Now my request: maybe im a cotton headed ninnymuffin, but in 2.0 is there a summary view of your build in text format, like the old "forum export"? When I get done planning, and want to start grinding in game, I take a few pics of the feat order and gear set on my phone, and set to it.

If it's not incorporated, it would be a neat addition.

Thanks,
Biz
There will be, just haven't quite got that far in the development of V2 yet.

Lt.Demon

Saw an issue with Deflect Arrows granting enhancement cores not being able to overlap.

Such example: Vistani Core 2 [Vistani: Knight Juggler] / Sorcerer Eldritch Knight Core 4 [Eldritch Knight: Subtle Force 1] cannot be taken at the same time as they both provide Deflect Arrows.

Certain enhancements that have exact name copies cannot be taken AND provide bonuses such as the Wand/Scroll mastery in several trees. Now you can still take them but I get the builder is just letting you know you already have it so there's no point to take it. But something like the cores provide multiple bonuses and are different names. So the Deflect Arrow's feat component requirement in cores likely should be removed so you can take the double ups.

Maetrim of Cannith

DDOBuilder Creator
Build 2.0.0.14 Now Available

This build brings updates to match the Lamannia 2 preview of the Destiny updates, and many other tree and item updates.

---Debug logging in SpendInTree class removed
---Ranger: Tempest tree updated to match live
---Paladin: Knight of the Chalice tree updated to match live
---Paladin: Sacred Defender tree updated to match live
---Feat requirements of any source are now labeled as such in tooltips
---More item errors fixed
---An application resize event while a progress bar is shown will now correctly resize the progress bar
---Missing Dragon Lord Aura feat images harvested
---Feat "Improved Damage Reduction" can now be taken multiple times (Reported by Nectmar)
---Missing Cannith crafting options added:
------Aligned
------Everbright
------Fearsome
------Ghost Touch
------Lesser Arcane Casting Dexterity

U65 Changes
---Dragon Lord enhancement tree updated to match Lamannia II and bitmaps harvested
---Dragon Lord Ravager enhancement tree update to match Lamannia II and bitmaps harvested

---Divine Crusader tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Draconic Incarnation tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Exalted Angel tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Fatesinger tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Fury of the Wild tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Grandmaster of Flowers tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Legendary Dreadnought tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Machrotechnic tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Magus of the Eclipse tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview (Error on one enhancement as I lost the bitmaps for it)
---Primal Avatar tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Shadowdancer tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Shiradi Champion tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview
---Unyielding Sentinel tree updated to match U65 Lamannia 2 preview

Link in signature