Fixer Upper- Mondays at 8 PM EST

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
Navy_Illustrated_3D_Offline_Twitch_Banner.png

Starting on Monday, I'll be hosting a segment on the DDO Stream dedicated to build reviews. Have a crazy build idea that you'd like to fully flesh out? Struggling to get a build to work in reaper? Just want to play a build for fun in lower difficulty but have trouble getting feedback that doesn't change the entire build? Please submit your build or build idea in this thread!

Here are some things to include when submitting a build:
  • Preferred class
  • How the build should play (IE: DPS, CC, heals, tank, or a combination of a few, etc.)
  • Difficulty level you plan to play
  • Does it need to be able to solo?
  • Past Lives acquired
  • Reaper Points earned

After we review on the live stream, I plan to post the builds here on the forums so the community can continue to provide additional feedback. Also, live participation is welcomed and encouraged.

Builds from the stream (please make them better!):
First Life Cleric (with Turn Undead ability)
Viamel's Shadar-Kai Build (16-3-1)
Wizard/Cleric Option 1 (DEX melee) Option 2 (WIS melee) Option 3 (force caster)
Ying's 1st Life Alchemist Build
Syn's Endgame Dark Hunter Build (TWF)
Togwik's Endgame Monk Build (WIS/Falconry)

Last edited:

Kyrr

Only because I'm curious to see your results or theorycraft and many minds think differently.

* Cleric (Or any class you think would be the best at heals)
* Healer
* Any group difficulty, ranging from LH raids to R10 questing
* It's a healer, that's a silly question. (no)
* Should not rely on any past lives or reaper experience.
* I would like to see if you can fit T5 Exalted for the Epic Moment without needing a sentience swap for Turn dice.

Kessaran

Here's a more PL heavy build. Would love to get your opinion on the build and see if there's things you'd change. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/looking-for-assistance-with-gear-tetris.10256/post-109130

Class isn't really negotiable as 15/5 SF/DL is pretty much required.
DPS but can facetank in R6-R8 with a healer.
R4-6 Solo, R8+ if I can get a dedicated tank/healer
Racial comp, heroic comp. I'd love to see how you would change the Epic Destinies trees assuming epic completionist x4.
75 Reaper Points, cuz flashy wings is a must for a Sacred Fist. It meshes so well with the imbue toggle.
Also something to note, assumes max Racial AP tomes & Universal tomes. All fate tomes, +8 supreme tome & all skill tomes +5.

Griglok (Karatemack)

* I would like to see if you can fit T5 Exalted for the Epic Moment without needing a sentience swap for Turn dice.
If you're running high reaper, a sent swap item is the lowest hanging fruit to get this to work. But, I'll build in some turning ability as well.

GFauxPas

I have a character that I haven't played for around 5 years, so she's due for an upgrade. Shadar-kai, 12 fighter / 6 monk / 2 rogue, dual wielding khopeshes or scimitars, using kensei to stay centered.
I liked using the light finisher for healing, but now fighters get second wind. There are more ways to be centered with weapons, such as vistani knife fighter. And it seems like they improved Shadar-kai spiked chain attack, but that requires light weapons.
I'd like to TR her into a shadar-kai centered evasion melee combatant with the same flavor and feel of what the build was like 5 years ago. Maybe something like Dragonlord 16/Monk 3/Rogue 1 with daggers?
I don't remember what past lives she has, I'll post it when the servers are back up and I can check. She's definitely a 36 point build though.
Edit1: My past lives are 1 fighter, 1 ranger, 1 rogue, 1 Shadar-Kai. I have 11 reaper points.
Edit2: My tomes are:
-- Ability tomes: +3/+8/+3/+6/+2/+3
-- Skill Tomes: +1 Concentration, +3 DD, +3 OL, +1 Search, +3 Spot, +1 UMD, +1 Heal, +1 Hide, +1 Spellcraft
-- Other tomes: Fate +1, Universal +1

Last edited:

Griglok (Karatemack)

Only because I'm curious to see your results or theorycraft and many minds think differently.

* Cleric (Or any class you think would be the best at heals)
* Healer
* Any group difficulty, ranging from LH raids to R10 questing
* It's a healer, that's a silly question. (no)
* Should not rely on any past lives or reaper experience.
I covered this build first! I updated the OP to include a link to the build.

Nickodeamous

Hey Griglok,

This is a really cool idea! I have been struggling to figure out what I want to do for my alt when I finally park him at cap for a while. Still finishing up some caster lives right now. I really think I would like to do an endgame CC/Instakiller. I want to have High DCs and be able to hold mobs while others do the killing, but at the same time, I want to have good instakills. Thoughts?
  • Preferred class - whatever you think is best
  • How the build should play: CC, Instakill, sits in the back and picks things off
  • Difficulty level you plan to play: high skull/raids (LH/R1...maybe higher)
  • Does it need to be able to solo? Not really, I like to run in groups
  • Past Lives acquired - 150+
  • Reaper Points earned - ~100
Thanks!
Nic

Griglok (Karatemack)

Hey Griglok,

This is a really cool idea! I have been struggling to figure out what I want to do for my alt when I finally park him at cap for a while. Still finishing up some caster lives right now. I really think I would like to do an endgame CC/Instakiller. I want to have High DCs and be able to hold mobs while others do the killing, but at the same time, I want to have good instakills. Thoughts?
  • Preferred class - whatever you think is best
  • How the build should play: CC, Instakill, sits in the back and picks things off
  • Difficulty level you plan to play: high skull/raids (LH/R1...maybe higher)
  • Does it need to be able to solo? Not really, I like to run in groups
  • Past Lives acquired - 150+
  • Reaper Points earned - ~100
Thanks!
Nic
Do you have a skeleton of a build in mind? Would be happy to build on what you already have!

GFauxPas

I'd like a build for a wood elf paladin using falchions, please. For my fighter's next life.
It can either be pure paladin or mostly paladin.
I have:
- Paladin x3, Bard x1, Barb x1
- +2 destiny points
- +2 universal tree points
I'm using The Prince's Gauntlet with Eminence of Summer and Eminence of Winter gear on my current life so it would be convenient to use the same gear next life, but that's not a must.

Thank you!

Jeronimo

I've been pondering if it's possible to create a good charisma based inquis half elf using the mark of storm with call lightning storm and at least 35 imbue dice, possibly 42 dice - and have good dps.

Sheikra

Hey Griglok!

I have a build idea that I've been wanting to flesh out so badly, but I just can't get the pieces to line up in my head. Maybe you can provide some inspiration. The idea is to maximize the self-healing capabilities of PM vampire form and similar effects.

Preferred class: obviously at least 3 levels of wizard for vampire form, but ideally as close to pure 20 as possible
How the build should play: self-sustaining DPS in low reaper
Difficulty level you plan to play: Ideally solo at least R1. A pretty low bar for a pretty meme build.
Does it need to be able to solo? YES! Otherwise what are we doing in undead mode to start?
Past Lives acquired: Yes
Reaper Points earned: 1/2

I was playing with the idea of a razorclaw shifter pure wizard using handwraps. Unfortunately, my brain is slightly too smooth to figure it out. TWF I think would be best (the most procs) but willing to do SWF. THF is basically out, wayy too slow. Hopefully utilizing scion of shadowfell and darkhallow filigrees (as well as other negative hamp filis).

Thinking something like 41 EK 21 PM 8 vistani 8 harper (KTA) 16~ racial tree, strength based rager using draconic tree to cast while raging.

Would love some help on the idea! Make the meme live!