DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Frantik

I think we all would appreciate if you would give away all expansion packs for 99 DP each for the same duration as the downtime as a compensation for the time we couldn't play your game... how does that sound? ;)
Meh? I've got them all?

Frantik

Regrettably, you may have to be as old as a Dad to get that joke.
Alas, and alack, that hits a note that shakes my very soul. I grew up in a small farming village many moons ago, with the MONO kitchen radio defining my musical tastes, one of them being Motown, one of them being Hendrix... and the list goes on and on!

jglabare

Mines back to the initial loading screen and won't go any further. Guess I can look forward to playing on Monday at this rate.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Kiany

There's no chance the servers will be rolled back from this right? I finally pulled a jibbers blade 2 hours before sarlona went down.
That would hurt! :/

rabidfox

The People's Champion
There's no chance the servers will be rolled back from this right? I finally pulled a jibbers blade 2 hours before sarlona went down.
LOTRO and the old forums are down too. So I'm hoping is more network related vs data at risk.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
There's no chance the serverAs will be rolled back from this right? I finally pulled a jibbers blade 2 hours before sarlona went down.
Also Scrag and I just fell in love right before shutdown. If he won't remember our love, my life is over.

Last edited:

Vish

i was playing this morning
a r10 fred quest,
we were having dinner
then the line went red
the game crashed

on the flip side
its sunny here today
and sunny weekend
so its vitamin D time

dont mistake opportunity when the universe gives you a play day

Br4d

Don't shoot at the harbinger! Cordo is a fine person, not the one causing the problem. He's allowed to say what he's told, which means we will never know why this server outage occurred. I just wish that SSG would be more open and communicative.

An outage of this length is probably just the usual janitor accidentally unplugging the UPS and the main power cord for the server farm so they could mop the server farm. It takes awhile to get everything back up and running in sequence.

Also, odds are pretty good they turned off the lights in the server farm once they were done just to save electricity.

FireEater

An outage of this length is probably just the usual janitor accidentally unplugging the UPS and the main power cord for the server farm so they could mop the server farm.

c587ce22-106f-4016-9d71-8b9dc56b60f7_text.gif