DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
CF9l8Wm.jpeg

Sometimes your mouth writes checks your ssg has to cash.

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
We are continuing to work on issues at the data center preventing access to the game worlds. As soon as I know more I will let you know.
Got an ETA for us or are streamers gonna have to play a different game been streaming the Client failing to connect for 5.5 hours now.....

Toede

Don't know about anyone else but I couldn't care less why it happened. That doesn't really do me much good. I would just prefer it get fixed sooner rather than later.

This is the second major event that has impacted the ability to play the game for an extended period since I have returned, which hasn't been all that long. Yeah stuff happens but this is not normal by any stretch. Imagine if swtor, wow, or eso just randomly became unplayable for multiple days every few weeks. Their playerbases would flay them alive.

CB_Avatar

Well issues at the data center likely means a routing issue. If it were a server problem, then likely some parts of the architecture would be up and other things would be down. Anyway, that's my best guess as an IT person working on infrastructure.

FireEater

I got a good chunk into Talos 2. Successfully avoided touching grass anyway.
How many games do you have on backlog?

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are continuing to work overnight to address issues preventing the game services from being available. If something changes overnight we will let you know, otherwise we will be back in touch in the morning. As to the cause, we have significant hardware that is not able to communicate properly, and we've engaged technical operations folks all day and night here to work on it at the data center.

cbhjr73

We are continuing to work overnight to address issues preventing the game services from being available. If something changes overnight we will let you know, otherwise we will be back in touch in the morning. As to the cause, we have significant hardware that is not able to communicate properly, and we've engaged technical operations folks all day and night here to work on it at the data center.
Thank you!

Shardrena

Huh, guess there are a ton of people who lose their minds when DDO goes down, still. I went to switch servers yesterday morning (Saturday the 30th), saw the game wasn't loading, and when I checked server status I saw they were down. So... I went and did other stuff instead. Seeing that they are still down now, I'll go do others stuff again. Might go do some reading, or play some Monster Hunter World for a bit. An MMO being down is no cause for panic.

zandoe

Just a common case of Murphy's law.

Things that can get broken will get broken (and usually at worst possible times)

So no DDO for 2 - 4 days.