DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Eelpout

30 pages of panicky whining about the game being down would suggest otherwise?

*wanders off to continue binge watching X-Men The Animated Series*
30+ pages of jokes and speculation. This is the most chill I have ever seen these forums in 17 years when it comes to 24+ downtime. Why escalate or try to feed into something that isn't really happening? There is enough opportunity for that everywhere else.

songswrath

Sounds more like a smoking access router, i.e. network hardware, not a normal computer server. And actual NW hardware failure means at least replacing cards or the entire box. Hence ETA depends on when they found the cause and when the order went out for replacement parts and whether supplier has stuff on stock, etcetera ....

well this is one way to update the games hardware. you know what will be real funny is lag is gone after this. all them nerfs to help lag and it was dying hardware. ><

Draeqo

Hmm, is this supposed to be smoking?
LOL.
Some of it actually might as they seem to have had a power spike frying parts of network equipment. Say an entire rack of Cisco access routers.
I guess they noticed that it wasn't working, then that some parts had short-circuited and despite removing and replacing a few of the redundant cards or routers it was still not working properly, hence more are damaged than was apparent at first.

Kathwynn

Another day.. was hoping to play and get with my granddaughter or grandson and run some quests. I guess I am going to have to do stuff around the house. Thanks..

Genkiba

Morning! We are continuing to work on network connection issues at the data center. Once we know more we will update you.

30+ pages of jokes and speculation. This is the most chill I have ever seen these forums in 17 years when it comes to 24+ downtime. Why escalate or try to feed into something that isn't really happening? There is enough opportunity for that everywhere else.
The LOTRO forums are chill.

These forums are a hot mess.

30+ pages of (choose one):
1. Whining
2. COMPENSATION!
3. My IT background is bigger than yours
4. Repeating the same joke multiple times
5. All of the above

Kathwynn

LOL.
Some of it actually might as they seem to have had a power spike frying parts of network equipment. Say an entire rack of Cisco access routers.
I guess they noticed that it wasn't working, then that some parts had short-circuited and despite removing and replacing a few of the redundant cards or routers it was still not working properly, hence more are damaged than was apparent at first.
That happen when you let the gelatinous cubes loose..

Col Kurtz

you never know what really happened until they report it..... at my work a few weeks ago we had the entire internet system down because the air conditioner in the server room stopped working. As soon as a certain temperature was achieved the system automatically shut down.

some of the things controlled by the server were emergency lights...they were either off or flashing like a strip club

lol, ddo servers likely a different issue / just trying to keep ya'll entertained while we wait;)