DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Shardrena

There is two ways to go about this.. have a sense of humor and wait.. Or be pissed and wait.

Or option 3, be patient and wait without getting pissed or cracking ill conceived jokes?
I'm not pissed. I'm simply speaking truth about SSG. I am a little irritated at a group of people in this community who quite literally defend everything SSG does, or doesn't do. I give them praise when I think it is warranted, and I am equally going to call them out when I think they are pulling some kind of BS. Call that pissed if you want. There really isn't any emotion in it at all, tbh.

I personally think it's very sad when people immediately jump to a worst case scenario, then ascribe that as the "truth" with zero evidence.

Toede

Look it is very simple. This is a regular occurence. This does not happen in other games. Full stop. They need to take responsibility and you need to stop apologizing for their failures. You are the problem.

Hobgoblin

im not!

dammit. im just saying ....

you know what nothing i say will change your mind so

you put down your rock and i put down my sword and we will try to kill each other like civilized people?

JustHavingFunBro

Hang on. Are we glossing over the fact there are players threatening Cordo on the DDO forums? What is being done with these unhinged people? Is their entire DDO account being banned? Surely they would not be missed.

Toede

No it does not

That is a flat out lie. This kind of stuff happens once in a blue moon in other games. It is like every six weeks here. There is always something. That's not normal and you guys have to stop treating it like it is. You deserve better.

Toede

Hang on. Are we glossing over the fact there are players threatening Cordo on the DDO forums? What is being done with these unhinged people? Is there entire DDO account being banned? Surely they would not be missed.
This is a red herring they are injecting into the conversation to try to change the subject. Trolling 101

Sarlona Raiding

So, we've been able to connect to the game servers but even with the secondary switch configuration we're running into issues connecting to the database hosts, and folks are taking another look at tracing cables and such. So, that's the current state of things this minute.

Thanks for the update and all the work the team is doing this weekend.

On Fridays at Four you mentioned there was going to be some work on the build machines over the weekend that could impact the patch this week. I wouldn't think that would cause any issues with the production servers, but I am guessing we definitely won't have a patch this week as a result of the outage.

Jummby

Hang on. Are we glossing over the fact there are players threatening Cordo on the DDO forums? What is being done with these unhinged people? Is there entire DDO account being banned? Surely they would not be missed.
Is the quickie mart closed buy you and your out of beer? Get some sleep...

Shardrena

Look it is very simple. This is a regular occurence. This does not happen in other games. Full stop. They need to take responsibility and you need to stop apologizing for their failures. You are the problem.

What other games have you played where "this does not happen, full stop"? Because out of the following partial list of MMOs I've played, it's happened. And it's happened repeatedly. Each time the forums for said game would go into a full meltdown, quite like here.

City of Heroes/Villains
Everquest
Everquest 2
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
World of Warcraft
Auto Assault
Tabula Rasa
Guild Wars
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV
Age of Conan
DC Universe Online
Champions Online

You get the idea, right?

Hobgoblin

ok name the last time we had an unexpected downtime?

i think it was mid feb and they brought it up the same day? before that it was octoberish? same sit?

citation if your gonna make those claims

Toede

What other games have you played where "this does not happen, full stop"? Because out of the following partial list of MMOs I've played, it's happened. And it's happened repeatedly. Each time the forums for said game would go into a full meltdown, quite like here.

City of Heroes/Villains
Everquest
Everquest 2
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
World of Warcraft
Auto Assault
Tabula Rasa
Guild Wars
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV
Age of Conan
DC Universe Online
Champions Online

You get the idea, right?
Really now go find me the specific instance where it happens two, three times in less than as many months. Since it happens so often it shouldn't take you long to find it and point it out for all of us.