Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

What is even the point? They paid people to come up with this crap? They spent more money on salaries then they'll make back with this VIP because whoever is in charge has next-to-no business sense.

I know as a player I don't see earnings but I am a a data analyst and I am willing to bet you DDOs efficiency vs potential income is as terrible as this "loyalty" program.

Here is how to fix.
1) Once something is claimed it is yours, you earned it. None of this still need to be VIP to sheepishly try to bring in more income.
2) Stop making us talk to people to claim things. Just give it to us. Perks like the lightning trail, while it is cool and special, I know many players won't use it after the initial excitement because you have to claim it just like HC rewards. This is tedious.
3) Give the players things they actually want that is QoL but doesn't take away from your store revenue
A. Teleportation instantly to quests or friends (Not in quest)
B. Instead of 10% chance to ignore durability loss, how about just none anyways?
C. Higher item stacking (and while you are at it how about you standardize this!)
D. Much more shared bank space... 5 to start and 5 more at month 11 is such a slap in the face. Every expansion brings out more items we want to hold onto but you make player suffer and every TR harder.
E. Get rid of BtC and make everything BtA. You think we going to stop raiding because we got a piece of gear?

Seriously, I say this with love for this game. DDO/Standing Stones needs to have a real sit down with their player base and actually listen to what the players want. I know DDO was built on a certain system which seems rigid according to official statements. I know if you care about this game as much as most the players things do need to change. If you can't fix the lag, just come out and say it and explain why it is happening. I know this community can be brutal at times but that is because this is a smaller community who love and cherish this game.

healertank

This is just horrible design. We all knew it was going to be bad... but geez talk about lame. Look at what other games give for VIP to compare... geez even LotR online, which is also run by standing stone games gives way better vip stuff from day 1... like no durability loss and double overall storage. Honestly you need to give all this stuff every month that anyone has vip. Then make the bags give 1 of everything each month also. As is, those of us that do vip already do it for more exp in quests and to help support standing stone games basically. Please add back gold daily rolls also for vip permanently. It isn't like it breaks the bank, and you would actually get more people doing vip and sticking with it..

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
They just should put the loot guy from Lama in the Hall of Heroes and grant a non boosted loot of your choice of any expansion and/or pack at every 1/2/3 month. Would be better than +1% boost

healertank

They'll need it, going by the time this has taken.

Anyway, more or less as I expected. Not overwhelming, by any means. Char slot? Have like ten unused already. Less item wear? Meh. The Bag is also kinda meh, but hey. Though the sentient XP feels very negligible.

On the other hand, I'll take all the shared space I can get, even if 5 is very very low. Also, while 1% to named loot drop chance isn't huge, I'll take it. It might've been 2%, perhaps, but any higher and I guess it'll become "too good". Even if VIP being "too good" for a while would be a welcome change :p

EDIT: I still think starting at 3 or 4 after a TR would be much more welcome than some of these, but oh well, can't win 'em all. Though, while we're wishing, can I get a VIP perk that fixes my Monster Manual? :p

EDIT 2: If I wasn't capped in CC and/or if I actually crafted CC items anymore, the related bonus would be pretty good. Especially getting easier access to collectables.
You don't use all your extra character slots as mules to hold all the gear/crap and cosmetics etc? Lol I have like 18 mules... only play 1 character other than an occasional hardcore that then just becomes a higher level mule.

As a VIP thank-you. It's great to see some considered rewards! The spell swapping is a nice convenience when levelling as well.

As feedback the Durability Wards and VIP Bag of Many Things don't offer anything useful, but the other items are nice little bonuses. Bank space at say an instant additional 20 to 40 slots whilst remaining a VIP would more helpful. Although it does not fit into a monthly reward structure well, it certainly provides an incentive to remain VIP, just to make TR inventory management less painful.

I'm not certain how difficult it would be to programme, but when thinking about next year, a cosmetic item clothes rack (or bank space dedicated to cosmetics) would be fantastic, as bar a few retained cosmetic items they tend to get instantly discarded to lack of inventory space. Even better, same idea for xp gems...

Abramax

Truly disappointing, I won't be renewing my VIP subscription, that's for sure. If you really want to incentivize people to become VIPs, it's time to reward loyal players who pay for VIP and also purchase expansions. Give VIPs access to ALL game content, including expansions that would normally need to be purchased separately. Provide instant teleportation to any quest in the game, access to the bank and Auction House anywhere, and offer genuinely appealing cosmetics like unique mounts and sentient jewels with special voices (that players can keep even without VIP). Introduce special cosmetic auras, pets, and more. Having just one reward per month is paltry compared to games like Black Desert Online, which offer daily rewards for FREE and no VIP required lol. What you're currently offering is already outdated and uninteresting before it even begins; it's truly insulting to players and the DDO community."

Dom

When you announce something bad, take over a year to "tweak it" without actually changing much at all, and then release that garbage as a supposed "additional oomph to VIP"... this is what you get. One of the main streamers of this game, and one who has a pretty significant influence on newer players, who creates a 27 minute long video explaining how bad this "incentive" is. Pathetic. Good luck attracting and retaining new VIPs.

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
You don't use all your extra character slots as mules to hold all the gear/crap and cosmetics etc? Lol I have like 18 mules... only play 1 character other than an occasional hardcore that then just becomes a higher level mule.
Oooo, i like it when people say "you don't use all your slots" and think they speak for everyone..

Overall all of my accounts, I use 142 slots as bank alts and i have (at the last count) 22 muleships. On the main account, where i pay for VIP, I think I'm at 48 or 49 slots.
I have two active characters.

(1) Main, uber completionist;
(2) No.2 and is wherever the main isn't.

One event farmer, and another that is permanently stationed at 5 to help new players. Other than that, the rest are all bank alts. Even have one alt as a dedicated wardrobe (if they ever brought out one for boots, I'd be doomed!!!)

Zavina

Ms Stabby Stabby
I'm not certain how difficult it would be to programme, but when thinking about next year, a cosmetic item clothes rack (or bank space dedicated to cosmetics) would be fantastic, as bar a few retained cosmetic items they tend to get instantly discarded to lack of inventory space. Even better, same idea for xp gems...
They've said, time and time again, that a cosmetic bank is not doable because the system that creates glamours counts it as a magical item; and due to the ancient spaghettified database, it's not possible to do unless it's a major upheaval.

Now, XP gems would be good to have something like the old card cruncher BUT they've said no to that too, on the basis that they prefer us not to hold XP gems.

Indyanna

When you announce something bad, take over a year to "tweak it" without actually changing much at all, and then release that garbage as a supposed "additional oomph to VIP"... this is what you get. One of the main streamers of this game, and one who has a pretty significant influence on newer players, who creates a 27 minute long video explaining how bad this "incentive" is. Pathetic. Good luck attracting and retaining new VIPs.
My thoughts exactly, if Strimtom (let alone the rest of us) is openly stating how bad they are then SSG truly need to have a rethink.

Seeing what LOTRO get in terms of QoL it can't be THAT hard to implement something here

Jasparius

Im currently VIP but I dont see anything on the list that will have me wanting to stay VIP. I think I get the 0 month and 1st month things because my VIP runs out during May, but after that I think Im back to Premium.

Given it freezes where I am at, if ever there are decent VIP rewards I can come back and get them then.

Toprak

Generally, I feel pretty "Meh" about this. Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate wanting to add more value to VIP, so my thoughts below:

1. Month 0
    • 5 slots, ok, interesting. I think there are bigger issues with storage that this doesn't resolve. I have so much stuff that I have multiple bank alts.
  2. Month 1
    • +500 DDO points. Handy, I'll take it.
  3. Month 2
    • Bag - I ...don't want any of these things. At all. I just don't have a use for anything, and 300 sentient XP is a drop in the ocean of a single sentient item.
  4. Month 3
    • I don't need more characters slots - I need better banking and I need better alt support. I finally have *one* character that has racial completionist (3x) and heroic completionist, and the thought of trying to do that one anyone else is beyond daunting. This is something that's taken years to achieve. Please instead solve alt support issues, because it's incredibly difficult to even really gear up an alt. This is a bigger discussion than here, however.
  5. Month 4
    • Is durability a running issue for people? There's so much BTA stuff now that doesn't get perma damage that I am confused as to the value of this.
  6. Month 5
    • Another bag, no value for me.
  7. Month 6
    • A cosmetic. Interesting, how is this implemented? Feat? Clicky? Stance? I hope a crowd of these isn't annoying.
  8. Month 7
    • I already have a max crafter, and the problem with crafting isn't just xp, it's that I have to use success boosters to have even an OK chance of successfully crafting the highest level shards, which require some pretty rare ingredients. The Crafting Material Token is an interesting concept, but feels like a band-aid for the overall issue of complexity in crafting. That doesn't even approach the, frankly, far too many crafting systems that exist, which aren't related.
  9. Month 8
    • This one is much more interesting, but I feel like it should happen on a much more frequent basis than just once.
  10. Month 9
    • I don't know how valuable this is, because I don't know the current drop rates, and the loot tables are massive in raids, especially if they have craftable weapons (dino bone). I also just don't have any in-game transparency on how the loot tables work. It's impossible for me to know if 1% will matter.
  11. Month 10
    • Another regular bag. That's three months of no value for me.
  12. Month 11
    • See Month 0.
  13. Month 12
    • Looks cool, probably going to be pretty crazy with a lot of people on them, though.

Always-available spell swapping - this is a good one, at least if you like sorcs and other spontaneous casters.

Questions:
  1. Can you replace Month 5 and 10 with the Greater Bag? The regular bag feeds bad, man.
  2. Can you add more ongoing bonuses to VIP like Month 4, 7, and 9 do? Such as ever increasing XP bonuses (TRing is a huge part of the game and it's a massive grind), increasing loot bonuses, increased crafting *success*.
  3. How about increasing discounts in the store - from point purchases to deeper sales on items.
  4. Ya wanna give us daily gold rolls permanently? Unlock it after a few months or something, whatever, but that has some real value.
Edit: formatting for readability.

Last edited:

h46av8r

Anyone know (not guess) if you are, say, deployed for months and can't login to DDO for months, but do have VIP status during that time, can you claim all the months you missed when you get back? Or is this like the Year of the Dragon rewards i.e. if you don't claim that month you miss it?

Last edited:

FuryFlash

Cool concept!

Question though - it sounds like this is going to operate on a cycling reward list. Let's say I've been VIP for 4 months and then the reward list gets refreshed. Something REALLY good gets added to the month 3 reward. Does that mean people who have only been VIP for 2 months will get that awesome reward in just 1 more month, but I have to wait a whole 11 months to get it?