Multiboxing

Kiany

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I think multi boxing sucks and isn't good for the game. I can't tell you how many times I join a group of 4 people thinking we're going to breeze through a saga, only to find out one guy is controlling all 4 toons. This ends up taking far longer than just soloing myself.
My issue is it's dungeons and dragons, so I enjoy grouping with people!
Of course I can leave and start my own group and yada yada, but when did multi boxing become so prevalent in heroics. I don't remember ever running into people doing it 10 years ago when I used to play every day. It must suck for new players as well that only rely on lfm's to level up.

Kiany

i think i see a multiboxer leveling that doesn't say it in the lfm maybe once every 10 lives
Really? That's wild. Maybe it's a server thing then lol.
I just joined one last night and in my head I'm like I don't want to be a jerk and leave, but I also didn't sign up for this haha. I've just been going 1-20 for a bit, and I probably join someone boxxing 5-6 times per life.
I agree though, if they put it in the lfm then it's all good. Then I know what I'm signing up for.

Kiany

I honestly just hate the look of autofollowers. I don’t care too much if people are doing it.
The ones yesterday definitely weren't auto following. They were the, stand at the entrance until the quest completes. Then it's a stand and wait game until the guy got all of his toons to the next quest.

Livmo

Why multi box with less than 5 alts?

My view is if you're multi boxing you shouldn't be posting groups unless you're warning people in the lfm
I run all the toons manually myself. No auto follow. Set up the keepboards and mice like a mad compsoer and go full on Beethoven! Or I guess like Yanni for a modern reference on the set-up. Got some great pics in my profile.

Multiboxing is also great for testing builds against bosses. Ooops that one died. Run the next build and see what happens, etc.

I don't post LFMs when I do this, because I'm the full party. Like I sit down with a 6 pack and plate of food. Extra snack tray and deserts. Sometimes I will pop out of group and join an LFM/raid. I try to be fast so the other accounts don't time out. I run 2 accounts per machine. I can do 6 montiors, but that takes up too much room. 3 monitors are easier. Don't forget about programable foot pedeals!

I should mention I can play 2 toons at the same time and battle/heal. Getting older tho. If folks need help in a raid or quest I'm already in I'll ask if you want me to get a healer or DPS depending and I will fire/heal from both.

EDIT ~ I want a 3 montor set up like this. My monitors are old:

Kimbere

Then go solo. Or tell the group leader it's lame it wasn't advertised as running with bots. You act like you have some obligation to stay in a group that sucks. You don't.
But if they drop the group or initiate some actual communication with their group mate/s, they might not have a reason to come post their entitled indignation for all the world to see about someone not playing DDO *the correct* *their* way.

Last edited:

Genkiba

My issue is it's dungeons and dragons, so I enjoy grouping with people!
You can fly solo in D&D.

271175.jpg

Sarlona Raiding

Most likely he was accidently in public mode or was just trying to do a good deed by letting people join that might need the help.

I can't imagine posting an lfm while dual boxing - sounds stressful to me.

From a bigger picture perspective I think dual boxing is good for the game, but there is always that tiny % of the population that are not thoughtful people - and unfortunately those are the only examples of dual boxing that ever gets discussed on the forums.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Also, can you kill off your mylti-box characters grab their stones and solo the quest and rezz them at end chest?

What's the best way to kill charcaters?