Multiboxing

Kiany

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I think multi boxing sucks and isn't good for the game. I can't tell you how many times I join a group of 4 people thinking we're going to breeze through a saga, only to find out one guy is controlling all 4 toons. This ends up taking far longer than just soloing myself.
My issue is it's dungeons and dragons, so I enjoy grouping with people!
Of course I can leave and start my own group and yada yada, but when did multi boxing become so prevalent in heroics. I don't remember ever running into people doing it 10 years ago when I used to play every day. It must suck for new players as well that only rely on lfm's to level up.

Kiany

i think i see a multiboxer leveling that doesn't say it in the lfm maybe once every 10 lives
Really? That's wild. Maybe it's a server thing then lol.
I just joined one last night and in my head I'm like I don't want to be a jerk and leave, but I also didn't sign up for this haha. I've just been going 1-20 for a bit, and I probably join someone boxxing 5-6 times per life.
I agree though, if they put it in the lfm then it's all good. Then I know what I'm signing up for.

Kiany

I honestly just hate the look of autofollowers. I don’t care too much if people are doing it.
The ones yesterday definitely weren't auto following. They were the, stand at the entrance until the quest completes. Then it's a stand and wait game until the guy got all of his toons to the next quest.

Bracelet

I have been leveling some alt accounts. Manually running them from one quest to the next, so no ToS violations. I wouldn’t dream of posting an LFM for that. It would be so rude.

Livmo

Why multi box with less than 5 alts?

My view is if you're multi boxing you shouldn't be posting groups unless you're warning people in the lfm
I run all the toons manually myself. No auto follow. Set up the keepboards and mice like a mad compsoer and go full on Beethoven! Or I guess like Yanni for a modern reference on the set-up. Got some great pics in my profile.

Multiboxing is also great for testing builds against bosses. Ooops that one died. Run the next build and see what happens, etc.

I don't post LFMs when I do this, because I'm the full party. Like I sit down with a 6 pack and plate of food. Extra snack tray and deserts. Sometimes I will pop out of group and join an LFM/raid. I try to be fast so the other accounts don't time out. I run 2 accounts per machine. I can do 6 montiors, but that takes up too much room. 3 monitors are easier. Don't forget about programable foot pedeals!

I should mention I can play 2 toons at the same time and battle/heal. Getting older tho. If folks need help in a raid or quest I'm already in I'll ask if you want me to get a healer or DPS depending and I will fire/heal from both.

EDIT ~ I want a 3 montor set up like this. My monitors are old:

Kimbere

Then go solo. Or tell the group leader it's lame it wasn't advertised as running with bots. You act like you have some obligation to stay in a group that sucks. You don't.
But if they drop the group or initiate some actual communication with their group mate/s, they might not have a reason to come post their entitled indignation for all the world to see about someone not playing DDO *the correct* *their* way.

Last edited:

Genkiba

My issue is it's dungeons and dragons, so I enjoy grouping with people!
You can fly solo in D&D.

271175.jpg

Sarlona Raiding

Most likely he was accidently in public mode or was just trying to do a good deed by letting people join that might need the help.

I can't imagine posting an lfm while dual boxing - sounds stressful to me.

From a bigger picture perspective I think dual boxing is good for the game, but there is always that tiny % of the population that are not thoughtful people - and unfortunately those are the only examples of dual boxing that ever gets discussed on the forums.

Elminster

Also, can you kill off your mylti-box characters grab their stones and solo the quest and rezz them at end chest?

What's the best way to kill charcaters?