Downtime Notice: Wednesday, May 10th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Livmo

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, May 10th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 59.1. Read the release notes on DDO.com. Thank you for your patience and we'll see you back in the game soon!

💯 This a very kind and wholesome thing to do:
  • A memorial to the late DDO Developer "HumbleFriar" has been placed in the Gary Gygax Memorial area of the game.
I will run Delara's in honor with the bagpipes playing.

Perhaps Delara's graveyard can be the home for all the memorials in-game?

Biggdaddy

💯 This a very kind and wholesome thing to do:
  • A memorial to the late DDO Developer "HumbleFriar" has been placed in the Gary Gygax Memorial area of the game.
I will run Delara's in honor with the bagpipes playing.

Perhaps Delara's graveyard can be the home for all the memorials in-game?

I haven't run Threnal in a while, isn't that where Dave Arneson's tribute is? Having all the tributes in the same area is a great idea.

:cry:o_O ...Tabaxi Trailblazer's Escape Artist now has its intended cooldown.

I hope that isn't a result of my little thread about how useful it is to not have the cooldown. Pretend you are unaware of the issue and move along. It's a premium bug afterall, people get to pay for that malfunction... 🙃

Dogbreath68

I am wondering if the bug I keep encountering would be looked into? Blocking for an extended period against mobs leaves me unable to interact with anything until I switch weapon set, and then back again. It happens quite often. Any advice from others who may have encountered this would be much appreciated!
There is also the bug that happens 100% of the time, and that is upon log in, I am missing hit points and spell points. This also happens when I log out at full health and sp, then log back in. Not really a big issue, but it is frustrating to have to either hit my ship or buy food and drink in a tavern before i do any quest every time I either log out or switch toons.
Thank you in advance.

Frantik

I am wondering if the bug I keep encountering would be looked into? Blocking for an extended period against mobs leaves me unable to interact with anything until I switch weapon set, and then back again. It happens quite often. Any advice from others who may have encountered this would be much appreciated!
There is also the bug that happens 100% of the time, and that is upon log in, I am missing hit points and spell points. This also happens when I log out at full health and sp, then log back in. Not really a big issue, but it is frustrating to have to either hit my ship or buy food and drink in a tavern before i do any quest every time I either log out or switch toons.
Thank you in advance.
Out of interest, do you use default block key <shift> or have you assigned a custom one? the health/sp problem is known and SSG are trying to fix this afaik. And your Aunt is always your Aunt, nomatter.

Blametroi

Out of interest, do you use default block key <shift> or have you assigned a custom one?
I see the blocking problem on casters from time to time, but I can't come up with any other commonality. Will not the OP, I do use the default shift key for blocking.

somenewnoob

Thank you in advance.

Try tumbling. I know that fixes the "stuck in place" bug if you are blocking when a quest ends.

sixt5cuda

I just went into the Storm Horns area. The Slayer counter is working again. XP awards appear on the screen, but do not show up on my XP bar.

(NVM. Working as intended. Lvl30 character in Lvl29 area.)

Last edited:

Mordraig

I just went into the Storm Horns area. The Slayer counter is working again. XP awards appear on the screen, but do not show up on my XP bar.
You are in? I have endless patch server connection fails and DDO server status shows 0 players online? Something seems borked

Mordraig

You are in? I have endless patch server connection fails and DDO server status shows 0 players online? Something seems borked
Update, it seems the patcher screws with something ip or dns related (just a guess). Full reboot seems to clear the issue. If someone else is having similar issues, try a full reboot.

Tonkababe

The game worlds have reopened.
Ok logged in just a few minutes ago and my computer is going nuts. As soon as i got a toon in the fans all kicked up to high speed and the game is nearly unplayable with all the jerking around while trying to move. Checked the Task manager and its been a solid 80% CPU usage and 50% memory all due to DDO, what on earth did you guys do now? I log out of the game and it all goes down to fractions of that. Never in the past has it every gone beyond 10% CPU and 5% memory usage. Update to Cordovan apparently something with the update patch caused a problem with the video driver. My tech support man walked in from work sat down and fixed it once he saw what was going on. Something in the patch must have glitched when it was installing on my machine. Runs smooth as glass like it did prior to the update.

Last edited: