HC8 rewards sneak peak *spoilers inside*

I was looking and couldn't find it and the stream today was over an hour long and I watched it at 2x after it was posted cause I don't have time to just scrub through trying to find a time. hence why I asked here. but good luck on your run narc.
i found the +2 cap reference. start watching cordo's stream at 12:30

Reglad

My guess is that the second tier (the footprints) will be more then 5k. 5.5k or 6k. More quests were added etc… we will see next week..

Sylvado

My guess is that the second tier (the footprints) will be more then 5k. 5.5k or 6k. More quests were added etc… we will see next week..
More quests have been added but it is a short season, I am thinking it will be different goals and I have been preparing for a 5 k solo run. Disappointed that time was wasted but interested to see what the other goals will be.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Ugh.. never liked the +2 level lockout... Too much of an annoyance which quests you can do and which you can't do anymore. Especially the chains with different quest levels.

You can rewatch the stream here if anyone wants to see them 'ingame'. Starts after about 5 minutes in the video.
HC 1 till now they never did fix devil assault lol.

Bunker

Agreed that +2 can create some difficulty in grouping. However, there is a solution that the players can use:

Run quests under level. If the quest is level 5, run it as a level 3-7. And yes, there is content that can be run when you are under level. Especially as a group. Not all content, but some.

Aside from that, try to create a static group to run with, and good luck on season VIII.

Last edited:

Owlbear

Why?

Unless this is a one week hardcore season there should be more bait for people to play
There will be a new season mechanic that has effect on earning some of the rewards. So we'll have to wait and find out what the new mechanics are. They don't want to spoil us.

xaktakorf

EDIT: also, why a 2 month season when summer is about to start? more would play during summer for sure.

My Guess is that they target the expansion for around end july, start august. And last time they dropped an expansion mid league a lot of people went crying on the forums. Yeah, some people will use anything as an excuse to complain...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Ummmmm, did it the other day. Other than the redunkulous time between waves everything went smoothly.
They're talking about the lockout mechanic on the heroic version of the quest. The quest is levels 6n/12h/18e but has lockouts based off the base 6. WAI iirc, but it's just a weird outlier design for how its levels per difficulty works.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
They're talking about the lockout mechanic on the heroic version of the quest. The quest is levels 6n/12h/18e but has lockouts based off the base 6. WAI iirc, but it's just a weird outlier design for how its levels per difficulty works.
Ahhhh....

OK, it doesn't work the way they want, so it's 'bugged'. Got it.

Sylvado

Ahhhh....

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with it, just a quest that you can't really run on elite in HC. Of course it may not be of any use at all this season depend on what the other goals will be.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Exactly, there is nothing wrong with it, just a quest that you can't really run on elite in HC. Of course it may not be of any use at all this season depend on what the other goals will be.
One can always grab that favor in epics; but I guess some might not want to.

Aelonwy

Ahhhh....

Not necessarily the way they want it to work but perhaps the way they expected it to work? Let's not discard the fact this is the ONE and ONLY quest that works this way. Were I a brand new player or one returning after many years unaccustomed to HC I would expect ALL quests to function the same way and this extreme outlier would seem bugged to me too.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Not necessarily the way they want it to work but perhaps the way they expected it to work? Let's not discard the fact this is the ONE and ONLY quest that works this way. Were I a brand new player or one returning after many years unaccustomed to HC I would expect ALL quests to function the same way and this extreme outlier would seem bugged to me too.
The thing is from HC 1 till now they didnt touch it even though they did admit "oops".