Illithid Invasion u63 Event Unlocking Mega Thread [Completed]

PersonMan

I would assume that the unlock for the first quest was not specifically these 8 Invaders either, but if we were slower and let the next wave come in then any 8 might have done it.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
I'm a bit miffed that Price of Freedom was exhausted when I got in, but oh well -- still have one solo Mindflayer kill under my belt, so that's good enough I guess.

Ahpuch

I'm a bit miffed that Price of Freedom was exhausted when I got in, but oh well -- still have one solo Mindflayer kill under my belt, so that's good enough I guess.
Now that we know the pacing, I would almost suggest that players don't grind out the exhaustion of the spawns and let others get a chance. One doesn't need to repeat kill the invader so it is exhausted in 20 minutes. Take your candy from the candy bowl and leave some for others. Come back if it is not exhausted after a couple of hours.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Now that we know the pacing, I would almost suggest that players don't grind out the exhaustion of the spawns and let others get a chance. One doesn't need to repeat kill the invader so it is exhausted in 20 minutes. Take your candy from the candy bowl and leave some for others. Come back if it is not exhausted after a couple of hours.
Zergers will zerg ...

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I agree with the sentiment here and speaking personally will happily abide by it in the time I have available to play. Equally though, I accept others may not. That's their choice to make. All's fair in love and squid-face war... 😁👍

comfy

the comfortable
Yep, now that we know, there is no reason to rush through them except for the race to be the first server to unlock the next dungeon - and that isn't even possible until all the locations are discovered. Part of me wishes that a new dungeon was unlocked each time one was exhausted - I think that would really keep us on our toes instead of us all readying up at the starting line for tomorrow.

CBDunk

Zergers will zerg ...

True... but the optimal path to unlocking each quest relies primarily on the speed of FINDING all the invader locations.

That is, we have established that once a location is found it can be exhausted within minutes... but finding each location can take more than an hour on average. Ergo, the fastest method of unlocking the next quest will NOT be to exhaust each location as quickly as it is found, but rather to concentrate on finding them all and only THEN exhausting any which are still open.

Zerg logic. :]

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
That is, we have established that once a location is found it can be exhausted within minutes...
Maybe -- that the phase 1 Invasion worked like that says little of phases 2, 3, and 4.

There are some quests with optionals that appear only after completion, and some locations so deep inside quests that you prety much can't ignore completion while getting to them.

I'd be surprised if phase 4 weren't raids ...

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
I'd be surprised if phase 4 weren't raids ...
Highly unlikely, I'd say. The Hardcore Season Eight search very consciously avoided putting anything in raids, because they're not quests you can explore freely and an awful lot of players just don't play them.

Natashaelle

Time Bandit
Highly unlikely, I'd say. The Hardcore Season Eight search very consciously avoided putting anything in raids, because they're not quests you can explore freely and an awful lot of players just don't play them.
Well, there's the "extreme challenge" part of U63 that makes me wonder.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Well, there's the "extreme challenge" part of U63 that makes me wonder.
That's meant to refer to the quests themselves. There's a distinction between "extreme challenge", which is "this is much harder than usual", and a raid, which usually have specific mechanics to make it nearly impossible to complete solo.

healertank

I tried suggesting this the other day and got ripped a new one by people. SMH.

Lotoc

Just a little notice mainly aimed at orien and argo
If the sharn instance is crowded enough for an instance 2 the quest giver will not be present in instance 2 as instance 2 is not keeping up to date with the current phase of the event.

Ahpuch

Just a little notice mainly aimed at orien and argo
If the sharn instance is crowded enough for an instance 2 the quest giver will not be present in instance 2 as instance 2 is not keeping up to date with the current phase of the event.
Ouch. Nasty bug. Thanks for the heads up.

Shear-buckler

That is fully on the devs. Players will play it as designed.

Rathy

Just in case no one actually tried. No, a failed teleport does not land you on one of the Mindflayer's airships!

I tried (and ready to fight on my 18thlv 1st life Wizard!) but you end up underneath them and above the cities normal ship traffic.

Oh well! I hoped to find something new! Hope everyone else keeps poking about in the odd nooksfor whatever one might find!

I posted it here cause not sure where else it would go.

screenshot!

PersonMan

Just in case no one actually tried. No, a failed teleport does not land you on one of the Mindflayer's airships!

I tried (and ready to fight on my 18thlv 1st life Wizard!) but you end up underneath them and above the cities normal ship traffic.

Oh well! I hoped to find something new! Hope everyone else keeps poking about in the odd nooksfor whatever one might find!

I posted it here cause not sure where else it would go.

screenshot!
They appear to be integrated with the skybox and thus will always appear distant.