Open r1

DDO Gaming

SSG decided to let people play on C/N/H/E/R1-10 on the Hardcore server.
because SSG wanted a lowcost solution for generating new revenue. Removing pre-reaper is an added cost and gamers are supposed to understand hardcore is to test their abilitlies @reaper

popejubal

because SSG wanted a lowcost solution for generating new revenue. Removing pre-reaper is an added cost and gamers are supposed to understand hardcore is to test their abilitlies @reaper
Your use for Hardcore is to test your abilitites. Other people are allowed to have other uses. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that SSG only kept C/N/H/E available on the Hardcore server because of the cost. I see a lot of people on the forums declare that they know what SSG's intentions were when they made something but it's rare that I see actual evidence for it.

I hope that you are enjoying Hardcore on Reaper difficulty. Please know that not everyone wants to play the game the same way you do.

Onyxia2016

There are actually two objectives
One is for reaper and the other is based on favor and reaching level 20

SSG has always catering to both casual and extreme players in hardcore.
This is a good thing so no one is being excluded and everyone can take part if they wish.
If hardcore were solely a matter of playing the hardest level(s) I would think SSG would have made all dungeon only playable on R1 and up.
The fact that they do not is my reason for thinking that hardcore in this context comes down to a new character starting with nothing and perma-death (well after the extra lives, which for the record I am not a fan of).

Anyway, not saying this is law or absolute fact. This is my take on it.

The Narc

Actually one alternative to R11 (one death and you;re out) is for SSG to invite all gamers to transfer all their top characters to hardcore without charge to play reaper knowing...one death and you're out
No, this should be a different event called whaleathon and everything should be run like hardcore only at r15, with a $1 buy in for each time you die to keep your guy in the game, there should be leaderboards for both favor and reaper, plus an additional leaderboard listing the players with the most buy ins. You should be allowed to bring only one toon from the live servers.

Teleporting and word of recall both dont work on this server nor does any of the convenient teleport items while in quest!

The leaderboards will recognize the top 100 players but only the top 20 will get the rewards.

Top 20 rewards

For reaper - you get a Bullete(land shark) companion

For favor - you get a Bullette steed

For most buy ins(to qualify for this you must hold a position on one fo theother two leaderboards, to prevent some chimp from just dying and buying in to get the reward) - for this one you get a cosmetic hat that looks like a big fat whale with a moving tail swim like motion.

This is a win event and a place for the ego spenders to buy some more bragging rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

Archest

Agreed hardcore should ONLY be available@ reaper levels BUT...elsewhere I was informed not everyone wants to play reaper on hardcore.

(what's the point of playing hardcore if not @reaper...)
an introduction to reaper
a repeat of the hounds
it is a limited event
Reaper-core
still can play normal hard and elite
you can skip that if you open r1 or higher

DDO Gaming

Your use for Hardcore is to test your abilitites. Other people are allowed to have other uses. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that SSG only kept C/N/H/E available on the Hardcore server because of the cost. I see a lot of people on the forums declare that they know what SSG's intentions were when they made something but it's rare that I see actual evidence for it.

I hope that you are enjoying Hardcore on Reaper difficulty. Please know that not everyone wants to play the game the same way you do.
There are actually two objectives
One is for reaper and the other is based on favor and reaching level 20

SSG has always catering to both casual and extreme players in hardcore.
You're right, its upto gamers to decide how they choose to play hardcore. However I personally find it strange non-hardcore gamers would be interested in playing a version of the game inwhich "one hit and you're out" since that demands playing each quest extra carefully.

Why am I even wasting my time arguing over this. It is upto gamers to decide how to navigate hardcore, I am tempted to delete all my comments since they only reflect poor application of my time.

However I will be testing out that new york cheesecake receipe once I locate it to ensure its edible (y)

Last edited:

Striga

I am happy that VIP can open elite. Thank you, all of the VIP, for keeping the game running AND for opening elite for us. Happy gaming everyone.

Reactions: DJH

Onyxia2016

It is cases like this that VIP was created for. On regular servers I am sure all if not most of the quests have already been played through on each level so no real need to have a VIP open it for you. Since HC is a fresh new server, the VIP perk shows its value.

Archest

na it makes it obstructive to the event. while its easy to get a group on HC because of the number of players. its much harder to keep up with chain completion as well as getting locked out because of leveling. the thing here is this is a limited timed event not a permanent server/ the timer makes it a handicap to non vip. SSG gives away packs I've paid for, should I be reimbursed because now they are free? what is actually my benefit to being premium over just ftp? ftp should still be locked out, yet they get a free pass for packs delivered via the free coupon. so now I might as well stayed ftp and have the very same access I have but for expansions which I paid for as well. not to mention since I now have an account which paid something I have access to the store to purchase points. which are spent on augments and the like. I guess the best solution for me is to get a static group together on the live server an run HC as a group hoping one of them is VIP so I can get a fair chance at achieving the rewards.

Onyxia2016

I do understand what you are saying but the limited event is what makes the VIP all the more valuable. This is no different than the normal server but I am sure you have already unlocked all the dungeon levels so your reliance on VIP is minimal to none existent.

As for premium to F2P, you can't. The second you paid real money of anything you stopped being a F2P account.

As for content you paid for vs now given for free, no you do not deserve a refund. You paid for the ability is enjoy the content log before it became free. You can certainly hold off on purchasing new content and get it for free eventually. It may be year's depending on the content though.

Not being able to open elite or R+ directly is the standard and not a handicap. This fact is often forgotten about since everyone is so use to have all the dungeon level unlocked that it is a shock and disturbing when they are hit with this reality. Owning VIP affords you access above the standard which is the reason for paying for VIP. Having box seats to a ball game is not a handicap when looking at those that shelled out the money for VIP boxes. You get what you pay for.

There are those that spend a lot of real money on Astral Shards to reroll chests and by stuff on the shard auction to gain an advantage. This does not mean everyone should be given a few thousand shards so they too can get the same advantage because it is a limited time event.

You are not missing out on anything. You will need to run a quest a couple of times but you will eventually be able to open elite or R+
There are lots that opt not to do this and subscribe just during hardcore just to get around this.

For the reasons mentioned above, is why I do not see SSG making the change you are looking for. Personally I do not care one way or the other. If by some miracle they do make the change i would be happy for you. This is only meant to show some reasons why they would not make the change.

The Narc

na it makes it obstructive to the event. while its easy to get a group on HC because of the number of players. its much harder to keep up with chain completion as well as getting locked out because of leveling. the thing here is this is a limited timed event not a permanent server/ the timer makes it a handicap to non vip. SSG gives away packs I've paid for, should I be reimbursed because now they are free? what is actually my benefit to being premium over just ftp? ftp should still be locked out, yet they get a free pass for packs delivered via the free coupon. so now I might as well stayed ftp and have the very same access I have but for expansions which I paid for as well. not to mention since I now have an account which paid something I have access to the store to purchase points. which are spent on augments and the like. I guess the best solution for me is to get a static group together on the live server an run HC as a group hoping one of them is VIP so I can get a fair chance at achieving the rewards.
Or you could sub for a few months!

VIP (very important person) - vip comes with perks, one perk during hardcore is to be able to open quests on elite!!

Ftp/premium - does not pay the extra cash, does not get said benefits.

If you want to be able to open on elite without an opener in hardcore, i suggest you powerlevel and TR twice so you will then be able to open on elite on your third life. If you had played this tactic hard from the start you would already be done with your TRing.

Or just join one of the two big streamer guilds, you can do plenty of tagalonging there.

Xgya

na it makes it obstructive to the event

Premiums being able to access the event is actually a privilege. The first HC seasons were VIP-only.

You being able to open quests on that server on Normal is your totally free ticket to the event.
You being able to open quests on Normal is not obstructive to the event - it's the event being more open to you than it initially was.

Archest

its not totally a free ticket to the event at all ftp can join HC server.
really not going to pick and chose your opinion.
I have one too.

Archest

Premiums being able to access the event is actually a privilege. The first HC seasons were VIP-only.

You being able to open quests on that server on Normal is your totally free ticket to the event.
You being able to open quests on Normal is not obstructive to the event - it's the event being more open to you than it initially was.
should of left it that way then.
guess you got lonely playing just with vip accounts.
or it wasn't up to you.

Purr

One solution might be to sell access to open hard for 75$ and elite for 100$ as a permanent account feature.