Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
I understand the previous space for Grand Summoner has been taken by Moon-touched, which was changed and moved to T1 (unless it just shares the same name with the current T2 one). If there's no alternative, I'd rather have GS share a multiselect with Impregnable Mind or Moon-Touched than with IC. They are useful, but at least don't make or break the build like IC.

Cheers,
NH
Sounds reasonable to me! I'll move it to multiselect with something else.

You are right that I've accidentally named two things "Moontouched" - I think the Tier 1 version (the new one) is going to probably get renamed to something else, probably "Cloak of Silver" off the top of my head.
It's confirmed. Level 1 Monk is the issue. As you do not have access to the actual Paths yet. I LR'd the working new toon just now to remove 2 monk levels and switched them to Fighter so it's 1 Monk, and they can now no longer use the Stunning Blow for a Dark Builder.

I am unsure if this is a bug or Not WAI or WAI as it could fall under any of them technically.

J1NG
I am going to say this interaction is currently WAI.
This version of the mantle has wrong level requirement of 30; it should be level 20.
This has been fixed, thank you!
Shiradi Champion Bugs:
- Despite being moved to Tier 2 the Friend or Foe Multiselector maintains it's previous level prerequisites with Enemy of My Own being level 26 and Fey Form being level 30, respectively.
- Hunts end retains its level 20 prereq despite being in T3 now.
This is a really nice change. The 15% is a bit shy of ideal IMO. If it was 3 tiers which matched Fatesinger's "The Rhythm to Reign: You generate 15/25/35% less threat from all sources" then it would be pretty much perfect for controlling threat with EA's procs and imbue damage.
Fair enough, I've changed this ability to be a flat 30% (since it's 2ap, 1 rank, but doesn't give Pos Spell Power and is 1 tier higher).

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

You are right that I've accidentally named two things "Moontouched" - I think the Tier 1 version (the new one) is going to probably get renamed to something else, probably "Cloak of Silver" off the top of my head.

I am going to say this interaction is currently WAI.

Fair enough, I've changed this ability to be a flat 30% (since it's 2ap, 1 rank, but doesn't give Pos Spell Power and is 1 tier higher).
hey tonquin, is the carrion swarm damage change on lam yet? i tested it and my damage seems to be the EXACT same

Tonquin

Technically, it's MCL21 at 22, MCL22 at 24, etc. because of epic and legendary knowledge feats giving +1 CL/+1 MCL every 2 epic levels. I find it awkward that our power curve for stuff goes from 1dX per level in heroics to 1dX per 2 levels in epics.

zxjTFjs.png

The power curve difference in epics being half the progression rate that we see in heroics just seems weird to me. (*obviously some stuff has lower than MCL20 defaults and other stuff gets boosted by small +MCL values in heroic trees or via master of feats).
This is correct. We cap spells at Max Caster Level 20 and then allow them to raise linearly through Epic and Legendary advancement via feats earned automatically through leveling up. At level 32, assuming no other adjustments to Caster Level, an Epic Strike should be (by default) level 26, which gives us some design space for items and abilities to boost things further.
hey tonquin, is the carrion swarm damage change on lam yet? i tested it and my damage seems to be the EXACT same
It should be. I'll take another look to make sure things are working as intended. I believe this change was a minor bug fix - this ability was doing too much damage BUT was missing its "every 2 levels" part, so fixing it would indeed result in something relatively similar to its live behavior.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Anyone have a sense of the bottom line with Hunt's End changes? No longer a state that applies to other attacks? If its a direct attack now that would make is significantly less resistant to dry firing, which would be sad. It was one of the best functioning mechanics given the game's tendency for dry firing and lag.
This is going to kill Bow Crit builds, I went to lamania with my end game bow shooter, 13/6/1 Rogue/Ranger/Monk, he is a 3X everything and slightly neurotic when it comes to min/maxing my gear, to get the most DPS i can out of him, on Lamania, shooting the Boss Test Kobalds, the hardest crit I got when rolling a 20 is 60K.

Cashery

Please Make Macrotech's T2 Radiant Prison a Multi-Selector

Adding the option for: Radiant Forcefield with the same cooldown/timer/charges as from the dwarven enhancement tree.

This is a also a tanky tree. seems logical to also have this in there.

Soulcial

Weekend Warrior
I got 1
This is going to kill Bow Crit builds, I went to lamania with my end game bow shooter, 13/6/1 Rogue/Ranger/Monk, he is a 3X everything and slightly neurotic when it comes to min/maxing my gear, to get the most DPS i can out of him, on Lamania, shooting the Boss Test Kobalds, the hardest crit I got when rolling a 20 is 60K.
I got 100k on my 13/6/1 rogue/ranger/paladin, which is about a 30-40% damage nerf. I'm actually kind of on the fence about this change. Added multi shots feels good for more sustained damage. That being said my kobold kill was like 20s, which is mid tier dps at best.🤷

Edrein

Draconic Incarnation​

• The Epic Moment no longer makes you immune to negative damage if you are Undead.
Is there any chance you could also make an adjustment to Scales of the Dragon if you're a Shadow Dragon and undead? The 50% negative absorb is a feels bad moment when you want the damage ablation effect.

Fatesinger​

• Master the Acoustics rank 3 now doubles the sonic damage for all epic strikes in the tree in additional to it's original bonuses.
  • Critical Threat Range of Pluck the String and The Sword Swings increased from +2 to +4
  • Arrow of Discord is now an AOE Ranged Attack (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)
  • Arrow of Discord's Bonus Damage has been reduced from 30% to 15% (see the AOE Ranged Attacks thread)
These are great. Any chance that both melee/ranged versions of the strike can get a spellpower scalar though? I still want the tree to be cohesive design wise. The Mantle scales with the highest of MP/RP/SP yet the strikes don't. You could also argue the same for Reign given it only scales with spellpower. But I think maintaining the gish/spellsword flavor of the tree and the imbue scaling of Bards means a spellpower option on the martial strikes would be best.

Magus of the Eclipse​

• Improved Arcane Pulse is now named Unholy Pulse and grants +15 neg amp in addition to its existing effects
I'm always pro team undead. However, please tell me you don't get the negative amp if you're not undead.

Machrotechnic​

• Rune Arm Use now allows you to use highest of INT/WIS/CHA for Rune Arm DCs
I'd like to bribe you all to revisit Driftwood from Dryad and the Demigod and to make sure it doesn't break Druidic Oath. I want to play around with a bear vomiting runearm charges!

Exalted Angel​

• Ascendance is now: Epic Moment. For the next 20 seconds, your single-target Cure Wounds spells you cast on any target now instead apply to all allies. These spells cannot crit. For the duration of this ability, Raise Dead and Resurrection also raise your target to full HP like True Resurrection does. Finally, your Turn Undead can now turn any type of creature regardless of genus, can destroy things it turns, and you gain +3 to each Turn Undead stat per Religious Lore feat.
Is there any chance that the turn undead per religious lore portion of this could be a permanent effect?

Shiradi Champion​

For this tree, a lot's going on. You are probably going to have to check this one out in the game as the abilities have been shuffled considerably.
  • Fey Lights now deals 1d6+3 Force damage per caster level, scaling with Force Spell Power. Selecting an element with your mantle's Stay ability will change this damage to match that type.
I love every change for Shiradi here except this one. Only because picking a secondary element is a part of the appeal of Shiradi. However for let's say a warlock that isn't using Utterdark Blast, this suddenly loses mileage pretty quickly. Please give us an additional toggle that keeps the force damage without having to take Stay Strong. There are definitely cases where a warlock would want to keep on the Stay proc damage, but switch their Fey Lights to force damage.

And on a greedy side note. Please bump the Shiradi procs to at least 10% for casters, if not reverting it to the 15% it used to be.

Cashery

Is there any chance that the turn undead per religious lore portion of this could be a permanent effect?
I would like to see this as a permanent effect as well. Though Religious lore portion could be moved of T5 Blessed Water to make it permanent. Just leave the turn any type of creature part of the epic moment.

Last edited:

Rincewind

I'm here again to try to push the idea that Primal Avatar should have melee and range power given in the cores as a starting point and maybe add a few more melee/range options in it, considering that this could or should be the druid ED tree.. and there are so many nice things in this tree, hell I would even add 1 or 2 extra imbue dices in the cores 3 and 4 for example. but really shadow dancer already have one of the stronger cores in the game, I don't see this as being overpower at all, if you give the same amount of melee and range power in Primal

Ptalon

Still angry!

Maybe even more so, since there wasn't even an attempt at a compromise.

Games should be fun.
Nerfs take fun away.
Especially when you actually take something away entirely!!!!

Edit: and as far as I can tell (in my blind rage anyway), there has not been anything added that even attempts to make Exalted Angel a fun tree for me anymore....

And I play a cleric!

Ned_Ellis

Ok, got my snarc out of the way, went to test the changes but can't transfer any toons on to Lama - my choice of Worlds comes up blank...anyone else with this problem?

Cashery

Ok, got my snarc out of the way, went to test the changes but can't transfer any toons on to Lama - my choice of Worlds comes up blank...anyone else with this problem?

Once the servers go back on line you will be able to transfer

QuantumFX

Hey Tonquin - Both the Depths of Darkness and Unholy Feeding descriptions claim to give the "Doesn't trigger Pressure Plates or Bear Traps" ability. Is this intentional, or a cut and paste error?

NightHiker

And it's reasonable of you to accomodate the request. Thanks!

My pick would be a multiselect with Impregnable Mind, simply because it looks to me like the least useful of the two, but I'd invite other people who play such kinds of builds to voice their opinions on that regard. Either way, as long as both GS and IC are not mutually exclusive, I'll be happy enough.

Cheers,
NH

Grumpy

I got 1

I got 100k on my 13/6/1 rogue/ranger/paladin, which is about a 30-40% damage nerf. I'm actually kind of on the fence about this change. Added multi shots feels good for more sustained damage. That being said my kobold kill was like 20s, which is mid tier dps at best.🤷
Tell me that shot wasn't much much lower than what you are doing on live, and then ill think that maybe things aren't so bad, but I know what my shooter, who does seem to be much weaker than yours is doing to enemies now, and as it stand on Lamania now its a huge nerf, and you can't change that fact.

To me Bow Damage is different than current shooters/throwers, as shooters/throwers do high rates of fire, maintaining a strong sustained DPS rate, where as Bow shooters do spiking damage, meaning that their base fire rates are so much slower, with no active boosts like Fusilade or MoM/TKStars to drastically increase their fire rate,, and then they get huge crits which spike that damage up, but then their sustained DPS drops back down for 8 seconds, while you wait for HE to charge again. Nerfing HE to no longer buff another shot, the way that it currently works is a huge loss in burst damage for bow users, and without huge burst DPS bows feel weak in moments where DPS is important.

Falkor

Nerfing Hunts End like this, and the other changes that are being forced down our throats, is just more reason for me to never give this company money. I already play less than ever, and these changes only encourage that.

The lack of communication and brain-dead changes are death bells for this game.

The nerf-from-orbit approach, rather than a skillful curation and tweaking of abilities. Just, why? And after so much feedback, a DECADE of feedback, it's just this same crap. This is exactly why the population is diminishing.

And it's avoidable. These are fiscally irresponsible decisions. They are fiscally fatal, in fact. And despite the on-going feedback, it's full steam ahead. Brilliant!

There is zero fun in these changes. It's just horrid, and the total lack of listening to the player base speaks volumes about how much we are valued and respected.

It isn't the changes themselves, it's the attitude behind it and the decision making process. It's either pure spite, or just a brilliant display of idiocy.

I'm done here. What's the point of participating? The value of our words and feedback have been made obvious.

Last edited:

Tonquin

Hey Tonquin - Both the Depths of Darkness and Unholy Feeding descriptions claim to give the "Doesn't trigger Pressure Plates or Bear Traps" ability. Is this intentional, or a cut and paste error?
That is indeed a copy-paste mistake. I've removed the erroneous text from Depths of Darkness. Thank you!