Petition to have these unneccessary Changes reverted here.

Elminster

A lot of the changes were harmful for casual players.

In almost all games they make up the vast majority of the playerbase. I don't know the numbers for DDO but it's not good for the game health and player count.

If companies don't care about casual players, good newbie / returner experience and good quality of life in 2024, then a game is bound to have very low pop.

Really want to know demographics, spending habits, and new player behavior for the game.

I doubt a lot of Vets are buying DDO points, as repeatedly doing past lives will net you what? 400 DDO points per PL? After 50 or so PL's that's 20,000 DDO points. More than enough for pretty much everything.

Expansions are probably where they make the most money seeing how you need it for the latest and best gear and to run the "cutting edge" content.

But that's once a year. $30 bucks?

The BIGGEST money maker for them or potentially the biggest is/should be VIP. That's an instant $100 for the year OR MORE.

I don't understand why they don't just really pump up VIP. Give them things like "super convenience abilities" like insta-teleport to a quest through the questing menu. Or a +25% speed bonus while not in combat. Exclusive VIP only mounts (Flying/levitating mounts?) Bigger nameplates with glowing letters. Custom hirelings. An actual loyalty program that unlocks better stuff the longer you've been VIP.

You know things that would make players go, "oh I NEED that!"

And before ,"well uhh it's not fair for F2P." I mean, come on guy, it's a business and not a charity that exists for your entertainment. SSG needs to make money somehow.

Onyxia2016

DDO business acumen when out the windows a long time ago.
Just look at the DDO Audit over time and you will see a pattern of decline.
There has not be any growth in a very long time.

Every current review I can find regarding MMO's casts a lot of shadow on DDO and the ratings are very low.
This will deter new players from even giving it a short.

But all of this has been brought to light before and yet nothing changes in this respect.
I think because I was involved in the beginning, before launch, I held some kind of sentimental bond with the game.
I am just tired of championing this game.

I have tons of shards and DDO point and no need to spend any money on this another more.
I will play around, have some fun running dungeons and should the time come for the lights to be turned off so be it.

Archaic

No.

When the whims of the few outweigh the many... You are speaking for yourself, sparking an effort to improperly validate what the desires of the many may be.

There is no way for you to accurately measure how the players in game that do not visit the forum would feel. The closest we have gotten to that has been the "click here for feedback form" that was in the _in game_ motd you see every time you log in, and even then many people probably wont even bother to click.

Anecdotally, I can inform you that many of my in game friends have adapted to the changes, and no small number of them actually enjoy the changes, like aoe arrows + other changes in exchange for he.
You aren't the many. In fact point to one positive thread concerning the changes.

DDO Gaming

I just zerged through ruined halls@elite; forgotten caverns@elite and tharask arena@normal using a 6/3 rogue/wizard and noticed no discernable difference.

I did use the tumble skill for the first time in several years and noticed some alien symbols. The delay didn;t make any sense but I guess its to keep those tumblers dry

Onyxia2016

I just zerged through ruined halls@elite; forgotten caverns@elite and tharask arena@normal using a 6/3 rogue/wizard and noticed no discernable difference.

I did use the tumble skill for the first time in several years and noticed some alien symbols. The delay didn;t make any sense but I guess its to keep those tumblers dry

Stop zerging, it causes lag and makes puppies cry.

DDO Gaming

I followedup by playing the same rogue/wizard on chamber/insanity and lair/summoning and again found no discernable difference. And sadly 1000 puppies were crying afterward :sick:

Memnir

nqchVSK.gif

Reactions: DBZ

BiggerTrolls

I'm not buying any Otto's boxes this time. I almost always buy 3+.... It's a drop in the bucket. I'm not shocked by the update, I am sad. So many things to dislike. I like that the forums are riled up, but I doubt that has any positive impact. The yes crowd pedants always latch onto something that seems to jive with current new. The rabble, myself included, remain ignorant.

Brasidas

Not signed I'm fine with the changes.
Changes happen and I adapt.
But people are free to dislike the changes and express that view.

DDO Gaming

I've created an 8 minute video that proves NO particular fps issues and shows the way tumble now works. Imgur has severe restrictions so I'll need to create a youtube channel just to upload it. Maybe later