Petition to have these unneccessary Changes reverted here.

droid327

Someone show me the full power of this EA healing aura crap. Like link a vid or post a gif or whaetever...

I'm super curious how strong this was to illicit such endless rheeeeeeeeeeee from you guys.

I was very much against the EA changes but, funny thing, when you look at the fine print, I think they actually made it potentially stronger (from the perspective of soloing - for group play its totally nuked)

Before, it was 1d4+1/CL every 6 secs. Now, its 1d6 (same average) every 5 secs. Not automatic of course, but procs on any positive heal...so even CLW or Close Wounds can give you 112 raw healing even faster than before.

I do wish it procced off Consecration ticks, though, just to make some synergy there.

The Tumble changes, though, are irredeemable. Nothing will replace that movement speed except having that movement speed.

Last edited:

Elminster

Take a look at this build—tank/dps build with a 2-3k healing aura tick. https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/dwarf-tanky-dps-or-maybe-dpsy-tank-with-self-heals.6746/
8hoy9q.gif

Last edited:

Wizard

If they Nerf healing Aura they need to make wands potions and scrolls relevant for this age of DDO as self healing with that Turbine aged pre 20th level trash is a joke.
You know it I know it Everyone Knows It.
We have more hp mobs do more damage from heroic to legendary...
Water your roots...
Not just healing magic consumables in general. They were implemented due to restraints on spell points. Casters before could use scrolls in combat... that's what they were made for. Not just to Scribe with.

I vastly prefered healing aura but I think hirelings could become an ok replacement for the healing aura. I tested out the lvl30 FVS hire and when he doesn't bug out, he does somewhat ok on legendary elite. But hirelings would still need more hp/mrr/prr/saves and AI improvements to be fully usuable.

And then there is the issue with reaper...hirelings should be able to do reaper, since it is the standard difficulty now. The argument reaper is only for grouping is old and there aren't enough players for that now. A real player instead of hire will still be much better anyway but people can start with hires and kick them when real players arrive. It's like this in some other MMOs.

And now for the other changes...many others were very unfortunate. Dragon Breath overnerf, carrion swarm uselessness, holy fireball nerf etc.

Sign me in mate.
Dragon fart ain't worth neither points invested in it nor it's "epic" status.
Holy fireball is just a "a bit stronger fireball with damage split", why it should be in t5 on healing destiny again?
New tumble belongs to the souls like games.
And deleting healing aura from healing destiny because "hurr durr powergaymers use it to heal themselves" is a bit illogical, why add and buff it in first place?
P.S. All opinion is subjective all question is rhetorical (all my hope devs revert their fuckup is lost).

Buddha5440

I totally agree. All the unnecessary changes should immediately be reverted. They just need to make sure that they dont revert the necessary changes at the same time. Because those changes were definitely necessary.

Now where is the petition against drunk posting.
I thunk thet war sometin lik MMADP or such. :)

Gotta love the forums. They are great for entertainment. Not a shot at you Ahpuch, I'm agreeing with you.

Last edited:

Vox

Devils advocate, I'm on board with the vast majority of the changes.

While I don't agree with how dragon breath was handled, EA aura was far too strong and everyone new it when the destiny refresh happened.

Don't get me wrong, it is mind boggling that the current upgraded dragon breath does basically half the damage of tsunami and less damage than ice flowers, but equally confusing that players on divine casters are seemingly unable to heal allies without a passive HoT aura when clerics, FvS, and druids already have access to healing over time effects that each require a single button press.

I do wish there was a change to the SSG<->players communications though. There are a lot of invested players and it's just pure frustration to feel that nothing is taken on board.

So you want a damage ability on a lower tier of a "healing destiny"?
Yes, if it is that weak it should be lower, like replacing flaming sphere in t3 multiselector, but of course i prefer it where it is but stronger, like 30 caster level or with better dices.
Which actually made me add another question - why there is 20 cl limit on epic strikes, should't it be 30?
(Because 20-30 is counts as epic levels in ddo, even got own epic exp)

Jack Jarvis Esquire

FWIW...

/not signed (mainly)...

Personally, I'm happy overall with the tumble changes, and don't use the healing aura so neutral on that. DB was OP and needed nerfed, though maybe not to such an extent.

So I'm OK with all of the above.

I'm less happy with the ranged nerf, and want the Overburdened curse removed (not because it affects me directly, but because it's implementation isn't naturally just). The Adrenaline nerf is annoying and unwelcome but I can live with it.

EDIT

I would add for balance (there is a natural tendency to voice what I don't like over what I do) that I'm also very happy to see ranged AOE, love the DL Archetype, and am really pleased to see Ravager getting some much needed love. I applaud the Devs on those fronts. 👏👏👏

On balance, I'm pretty satisfied overall with U66. YMMV 👍

Last edited:

Jasparius

Someone show me the full power of this EA healing aura crap. Like link a vid or post a gif or whaetever...

I'm super curious how strong this was to illicit such endless rheeeeeeeeeeee from you guys.

My guess is individually it wasnt too bad but when 3 or 4 toons stack the aura provides nearly 1k HPS with minimal effort or positive gear.

l_remmie

Devs don't engage in the fora and they don't plan anything on it. It's their literal policy to NOT engage in any depth in any discussion. Even if they might want to.

Wizard

A lot of the changes were harmful for casual players.

In almost all games they make up the vast majority of the playerbase. I don't know the numbers for DDO but it's not good for the game health and player count.

If companies don't care about casual players, good newbie / returner experience and good quality of life in 2024, then a game is bound to have very low pop.