Petition to have these unneccessary Changes reverted here.

Archaic

If they Nerf healing Aura they need to make wands potions and scrolls relevant for this age of DDO as self healing with that Turbine aged pre 20th level trash is a joke.
You know it I know it Everyone Knows It.
We have more hp mobs do more damage from heroic to legendary...
Water your roots...
Not just healing magic consumables in general. They were implemented due to restraints on spell points. Casters before could use scrolls in combat... that's what they were made for. Not just to Scribe with.

Last edited:

Siegfrid

If they Nerf healing Aura they need to make wands potions and scrolls relevant for this age of DDO as self healing with that Turbine aged pre 20th level trash is a joke.
You know it I know it Everyone Knows It.
We have more hp mobs do more damage from heroic to legendary...
Water your roots...
Yeah and hopefully they won't feel the need to "sell it" in the shop, i don't mind paying my subscription fee, i consider that kind of normal, i also don't mind paying for the expansion.
But i am 100% against paying for regular things needed in the game, like reincarnation tools , or jewel tools or obviously healing.

Archaic

Yeah and hopefully they won't feel the need to "sell it" in the shop, i don't mind paying my subscription fee, i consider that kind of normal, i also don't mind paying for the expansion.
But i am 100% against paying for regular things needed in the game, like reincarnation tools , or jewel tools or obviously healing.
There should be Higher Caster Level Items with the same UMD requirements as their lower level counterparts with ML requirements sold at new vendors as a start.

Scrag

No.

When the whims of the few outweigh the many... You are speaking for yourself, sparking an effort to improperly validate what the desires of the many may be.

There is no way for you to accurately measure how the players in game that do not visit the forum would feel. The closest we have gotten to that has been the "click here for feedback form" that was in the _in game_ motd you see every time you log in, and even then many people probably wont even bother to click.

Anecdotally, I can inform you that many of my in game friends have adapted to the changes, and no small number of them actually enjoy the changes, like aoe arrows + other changes in exchange for he.

Thief In the Night

I am getting the opposite from those I chat with. Of the 20 or so I have personally had conversations with only 2 did not have issue with the reasent update, but they both admitted the changes did not really affect them directly.

While still not an accurate measure of the entire game population, taking into account the number of people who are new to posting in the forums (not newly created accounts just not frequent posters) speaking out against the changes means there is definitely an increase in dissatisfaction among the player base.

Aelonwy

I agree with Thief In The Night, you could get 90% of the players to sign and it wouldn't make a difference. Just go back to the Lamannia threads and see how little actual discussion with the devs over the changes happened. Decisions were made before these changes were ever seen on Lamannia and our feedback made no difference. Between the 2 Lamannia previews it was over a 150 pages, that's over 3k posts. Our opinions are equivalent to hot air with consonants.

voenixa121

I agree with Thief In The Night, you could get 90% of the players to sign and it wouldn't make a difference. Just go back to the Lamannia threads and see how little actual discussion with the devs over the changes happened. Decisions were made before these changes were ever seen on Lamannia and our feedback made no difference. Between the 2 Lamannia previews it was over a 150 pages, that's over 3k posts. Our opinions are equivalent to hot air with consonants.
Most of those posts were made by the same dozen people constantly repeating themselves. And just saying everything should stay as it is and never get nerfed isnt very useful feedback.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Someone show me the full power of this EA healing aura crap. Like link a vid or post a gif or whaetever...

I'm super curious how strong this was to illicit such endless rheeeeeeeeeeee from you guys.

Last edited:

Falkor

Ael, Ive never had an issue with you and we agree on many many things. Its when somebody comes along and craps on someones opinion or facts. I'm sorry for the miscommunication. Obtuseness isn't clear. I was responding directly to this comment :

"Most of those posts were made by the same dozen people constantly repeating themselves. And just saying everything should stay as it is and never get nerfed isnt very useful feedback."

... far more than 12 people participated in the Lam previews. And it wasn't just screaming about nerfs. This was a massively invalidating, minimizing and flat out stupid statement.

I'm sick of that attitude on these forums, it does no good. I see it as bullying.

People have valid concerns. Stop crapping on them for it. Stop trying to get them to shutup because you don't like the feedback they are giving to SSG.

SSG is a company, and feedback is warranted. Stop crapping on people for caring enough to give feedback.

Last edited:

voenixa121

I'm not sure he was commenting about you voenixa121, I thought he was somewhat referring to me... feeling your feedback is completely ignored is pretty invalidating.
Its still a feeling i often have on these forums. Like when did this turn into devs vs players?
Sorry about your feedback. All i wrote in there got ignored as well.

Aelonwy

Ah I see. Yes there were many, many different posters in the Lamannia feedback but there were also repeat posters that just argued between themselves far too much. *shrug* What can you do?

Between the first and second preview I suggested separating the destiny changes by either the old Primal/Divine/Arcane/Martial categories or the new Martial/Hybrid/Spellcaster/US (Tank) categories just so we could have better focused feedback. Guess that was overlooked or too much effort.

voenixa121

Ael, Ive never had an issue with you and we agree on many many things. Its when somebody comes along and craps on someones opinion or facts

"Most of those posts were made by the same dozen people constantly repeating themselves. And just saying everything should stay as it is and never get nerfed isnt very useful feedback."

... far more than 12 people participated in the Lam previews. And it wasn't just screaming about nerfs. This was a massively invalidating, minimizing and flat out stupid statement.

I'm sick of that attitude on these forums, it does no good.

People have valid concerns. Stop crapping on them for it.

SSG is a company, and feedback is warranted. Stop crapping on people for caring enough to give feedback.
Please, some of that can barely be called feedback anymore. Some people here seem to have a personal vendetta against the devs for some reason. Why is that and how is it useful when some people write the same thing dozens of times again and again? That thread was unreadable in the end. Real feedback got lost. Am i happy about all those latest changes? Not entirely. But raising a fake angry mob to force the issue is not a solution. The devs are not the players opponents in some weird battle.

Falkor

There was certainly a lot of back and forth. The voices of one time posters and people who had limited time for feedback were certainly lost in the piles of pages.

A lam 'ticket' system for submitting bugs and ideas might make it easier for the devs to sort through the textual debris field.

But for all the discussion, very little happened, as per the usual. This update has me taking another short break before the dust settles. I literally cannot play b/c my client keeps crashing. And I don't really have the heart too right now anyways.

Thief In the Night

Right, its us against them, black and white, with us or against us, no in between. Typical.

No, there is correct information and speculations. If you read through all the Lam channels you will see that lots of different people posted real issues. Everything from things not working to color graphic issues. Short of counting every post in every thread and putting them is either the legit report or just raging columns we will not know for certain.

Unless you have performed this task, you should not us the "Most of those..." to start your response.

Posts that start with "Everyone", "Most", "The majority", etc, should only be used it you have the data to back them up.
This way it is not an opinion but based in fact.