Recent content by Zaszgul

1. Z

Two weapon Specialty

The benefits are (in theory at least) versatility. You can swap between THF and TWF, for instance. In practice, your enhancements are unlikely to support this well, however. The only styles that "stack" are SWF or THF + shield mastery lines (but the melee power they grant doesn't stack).
  2. Z

Input on a scoundrel Dlord VKF Swash

Primary goal: Scoundrel pl. I also originally thought I'd pick up a standard bard pl and set myself on majority bard levels and swashbuckling. After a bunch of theorycrafting I finally checked what the standard bard pl was and realized why I'd done Stormsinger for bard pls in the past ;) So...
  3. Z

Add filters to the chest loot to filter out undesirables

I would be fine with a "Loot all gold and gems" hotkey to complement the "Loot All" hotkey.
  4. Z

Hey Tonquin!

Blade of Discord (Fatesinger t2) cannot hit breakables. Also, looking at its tooltip target line, it includes "Positional" when all other cleaves are instead "Directional", although this doesn't appear to matter (you can't drop a long-distance cleave by hard-targeting or camera targeting a...
  5. Z

Video settings seem to be locked now

If you want to learn more about it conceptually, you can search Google or wikipedia. If you want to find out if it'll solve your specific issue, look under Advanced Graphics Options and try playing with those two settings next time it's relevant.
  6. Z

You may be having an issue with Bloom. Have a look at that slider, as well as Overbright Bloom Filter tickbox.
  7. Z

As many of us have pointed out, this locked settings issue is extremely normal with modern drivers, which don't play nicely with old games/api calls. In your case, Windows likely decided you needed an update and applied it, perhaps entirely in the background (i.e. no popups telling you about...
  8. Z

Modern GPU drivers lock these settings by design, it's not something DDO is doing. Your AMD or Nvidia app is the "correct" way to change this now. As rabidfox said, if you didn't update your display driver on purpose recently, then Windows did it for you in secret.
  9. Z

If you are using AMD's Adrenaline app, you can set up a Gaming profile for DDO to change Brightness dynamically when the game is launched, and have it go back to normal when the game exits (same deal for clock timings and power limit). Or, use the app's sliders to manually adjust Brightness...
  10. Z

Update Haunted Halls of Eveningstar!

Haunted Halls is an iconic D&D module, and it's executed well in DDO. Well-done modules - esp famous pnp modules - help the DDO brand. But it suffers from a few issues that result in it rarely being run anymore. Suggestions: 1. Increase the XP. There are only 3 level 28 quests in the game, and...
  11. Z

Need more attack bonus as Eldritch Knight

Are you using Precision feat/stance?
  12. Z

Are all epic destiny mantles supposed to appear on your buff bar?

GMoF mantle showed in the buff bar for the monk life I finished ~2 weeks ago. If it doesn't anymore, then there may have been a change in the last update. Perhaps they fixed the Immunity to Slippery Surfaces that definitely wasn't working, and now the icon gets suppressed by FoM, etc? I'm fine...
  13. Z

Hey Tonquin!

Tooltips for Rune Arms (several of them, but Archaic Device is the one annoying me rn) will extend below the bottom of the screen, cutting off info. I'm guessing the tooltip doesn't know how to calculate the height needed to display properly due to the Shot + Charge Tier info.
  14. Z

Cordovan, Tumble, Outages & LFMs

During his vacation. He mentioned on LOTRO forums he was on the road while posting updates.
  15. Z

Cleave and Great Cleave changes to make it worth picking.

If someone is spending up to 6 feats for cleaves/WW, it should be a worthwhile investment regardless of what style they're using. Right now cleaves are a downright terrible choice for TWF in particular, which means there's really no choice at all and that's not good for the game. It's just a...