DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Evangelon

Do you have a business continuity plan? has it been tested recently?

nope?

do you have a DR plan?

:)

hope you get it fixed soon and all is good!

Ying

5000+ hours played
It doesn't matter whose fault it is. End result is the same. If root cause analysis points to SSG like letting a domain name expire (twice!), they'll get called to the carpet for it. If it was someone with a backhoe who cut a fiber line, /shrug. Life happens. There are zero guarantees when it comes to data centers. Expecting 100% uptime is simply unrealistic. 99.999% uptime ("five nines") is reserved for phone companies and contacting emergency services as a matter of life safety. Even if SSG has an SLA for 99.9% with their data center provider (about 8 hours of unplanned downtime/year), nothing is going to happen if it goes longer than that other than SSG receiving a reduced billing rate.

Jummby

Could we get an ETA on the ETA?
It's 7:20pm EST on the Saturday before Eaater Sunday. I doubt this is getting fix until after the holidays.

I just played something else for a while and now going back to RL. Even if they bring the game up could be more issues.

Balvix

It doesn't matter whose fault it is. End result is the same. If root cause analysis points to SSG like letting a domain name expire (twice!), they'll get called to the carpet for it. If it was someone with a backhoe who cut a fiber line, /shrug. Life happens. There are zero guarantees when it comes to data centers. Expecting 100% uptime is simply unrealistic. 99.999% uptime ("five nines") is reserved for phone companies and contacting emergency services as a matter of life safety. Even if SSG has an SLA for 99.9% with their data center provider (about 8 hours of unplanned downtime/year), nothing is going to happen if it goes longer than that other than SSG receiving a reduced billing rate.
I expect 100% uptime, but then again, some people have told me I have unrealistic expectations.

Oliphant

Me (to Bing Chat): Please research DDO forum humor about SGG and write a satirical poem about why DDO is down

Ode to DDO Lag​

In the realm of ones and zeros, where dragons roam, Where adventurers quest and wizards call home, Lies a land called DDO, both grand and absurd, Where lag reigns supreme, and players are perturbed.

Act I: The Lagstorm Cometh

Behold, the servers tremble, their circuits aflutter, As if caught in a dance of cosmic butter. The Balor leaps, but oh, the delay! His jump animation lags behind, they say.

Act II: The Multipletionist’s Lament

A band of heroes, seasoned and wise, With past lives aplenty, they strategize. But no amount of skill or meta build finesse, Can save them from lag’s relentless caress.

Act III: The SSG Enigma

And lo, the overlords of SSG descend, Their wisdom veiled in a foggy blend. They churn out updates, mechanics anew, While lag laughs in the face of all they do.

Chorus: Lag4Ever

“Dear players,” they say, “we hear your plight, Our VMs groan, our codebase takes flight. But fear not, for we prioritize anew, New content over stability? Well, that’s true.”

Interlude: Beavis and Butthead at SSG

Let’s be honest, dear players, it’s quite clear, Beavis and Butthead run SSG, I fear. Cordovan’s reply? Butthead’s cackle. Sev chimes in? Yep, that’s Beavis’ tackle.

Finale: Lag’s Anthem

So raise your mugs, ye lag-weary souls, To the game we love, despite its black holes. May the servers find solace, the lag subside, And DDO rise triumphant, with smoother strides.

Remember, dear adventurers, even in the face of lag, the quest must go on! 🎲✨

Me: Good but the poem should be about how DDO worlds are currently down.

Apologies for the oversight! Let’s craft a satirical lament for the currently down DDO worlds:

Dirge for DDO’s Downtime​

In the digital halls of Dungeons & Dragons, Where adventurers once roamed, now silence drags. The servers, once bustling with quests and strife, Now lie dormant, as if in a digital afterlife.

Verse I: The Great Disconnect
Behold the login screen, a pixelated abyss, Where characters once danced, now they reminisce. The rogue, the cleric, the bard, and the tank, All trapped in limbo, their fate in the hands of SSG.

Verse II: The Lagless Void
No more lag spikes, no more rubber-banding, The dungeons echo emptiness, quite demanding. The kobolds and beholders, they weep in despair, Their AI routines loop endlessly, unaware.

Chorus: Oh, Cordovan!
Cordovan, our community manager divine, With your cryptic tweets and server downtime sign. We beseech thee, reveal the truth behind the veil, Is it maintenance? A bug? Or just cosmic betrayal?

Verse III: The Patch Notes Shuffle
The forums buzz with speculation and woe, As players dissect patch notes, line by line, toe to toe. “Fixed an issue with the Mimic’s dance emote,” But what about the servers? Are they afloat?

Bridge: The Enigma of Sev
Sev, the enigmatic wizard behind the curtain, Whispers arcane secrets, leaving us uncertain. “DDO worlds are down,” he declares with a grin, But why? Oh, why? The mystery thickens within.

Chorus (Reprise): Lag4Ever
Lag, oh lag, you elusive fiend, You’ve transcended mere annoyance, it seems. Perhaps you’ve ascended to a higher plane, Where servers crash and dragons weep in vain.

Outro: The Loading Screen Abyss
And so we wait, our patience tested, Staring at the loading screen, feeling bested. Will DDO rise again, like a phoenix from the code? Or shall we wander forever in this digital abode?

May the servers awaken soon, and may our adventurers once more tread the hallowed halls of Stormreach! 🎲🔥

Kathwynn

Investigate.png
quote-francois-do-you-know-what-kind-of-a-bomb-it-was-clouseau-yes-the-exploding-kind-peter-sellers-90-70-84.jpg

Fauxknight

I mean there was that one time they upgraded/migrated servers and the game ended up being down for weeks. We're not quite at that point...yet.

Greatpumpkin

Figured it out:

The "Russian" hackers, (operating from Hong Kong), that disabled a ship in Baltimore harbor a few days ago, tried again today, but instead ended up hitting a bridge abutment on US 59 (Oklahoma) with a river barge, before seeing the dreaded Blue Screen of Death, causing random electronic static, resulting in downing the ddo server farm as an afterthought.

Kimbere

Assuming it's their fault without any basis or evidence is not fair. It's quite literally the opposite of fairness.
Well, they assume any player who somehow had multiple card curses on an item was guilty of exploiting and released a highly punitive solution to the bug.

Turn about is fair play.