DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Randomdude1223

You know this as fact? So many people with all the answers...

Wait.for it....

Once this person sees this response they will tell us how much they know about IT, Data centers, software engineering and anything related to using a computer...
Well tbf some people have acquired experience from their careers that they can make an educated guess on the problem, and Cordovan did say it was related to "issues with the data center," but no one can claim to 100% know what the main problem is with the restricted information provided.

Br4d

It must be squirrels in the network bay. They've chewed through the cables and one of them got electrocuted and fell onto the main switch, disabling it while bleeding squirrel blood all through it.

Unfortunately that is the only place that SSG has not vetted yet in their search for a fast solution.

Guntango

Well tbf some people have acquired experience from their careers that they can make an educated guess on the problem, and Cordovan did say it was related to "issues with the data center," but no one can claim to 100% know what the main problem is with the restricted information provided.
It seems like Cordo doesn't know 100% what the main problem is.

GrizzlyOso

You know this as fact? So many people with all the answers...

Wait.for it....

Once this person sees this response they will tell us how much they know about IT, Data centers, software engineering and anything related to using a computer...
Here’s a thing, you can not know exactly what’s happening but you can know enough to know certain suggestions / ideas are not in the realm of possibility, because it’s not how things work.

So to say no one has “any idea” so it could be “anything” is even crazier than saying you have good ideas what it is.

nenetteblackmoor

All game servers going down simultaneously, and the login launcher being unable to even access the initial login, suggests it's not an issue stemming from the game update but rather a problem with the hardware of the login servers or an issue with the data center itself.

And login servers and database servers are often shared in older systems.

I was doing SAGA like a monkey collecting cards until a few hours before the servers went down.
Plus, the time the servers went down this time was just before the daily backup started.

If there's a rollback, I'll cry.

Kaytis

The evidence suggests a catastrophic hardware failure at the data center. All servers became unreachable at the exact same time. This is not a software failure. It’s a connectivity failure. SSG is at the mercy of the data center employees I suspect.
This sounds reasonable. I have been watching progress during the day. They restored connectivity to the Game Login Server earlier today, which includes fetching configuration information, and authentication. At that time they still could not reach the world status server. A little later in the day they were able to reach the world status server, which showed all worlds available, but querying the specific world status server failed. Right now, they have lost connectivity even to the Game Login Server. They cant authenticate. Somebody is bouncing gateways or servers trying to get things stable. IP addresses aren't changing which could mean the problem is inside the center, and not something really bad like a cut cable.

Frantik

Same Honestly...

Last thing I did was sort gear between like 10 alt accounts. If I have to do all that again... I might die.
I've thrown money at my latest build (Shadar-kai pure ES warlock) with +1 lesser HoW, Supreme Tome +8 and more astral shards than i would like to think about, and spent hundreds of hours farming items. I just got them to lvl 32 hours before server crash. If a major rollback is enforced then I would definitely be "skewed".

Foaly's_Pub

Rumble Creator and Wiki editor
This sounds reasonable. I have been watching progress during the day. They restored connectivity to the Game Login Server earlier today, which includes fetching configuration information, and authentication. At that time they still could not reach the world status server. A little later in the day they were able to reach the world status server, which showed all worlds available, but querying the specific world status server failed. Right now, they have lost connectivity even to the Game Login Server. They cant even authenticate. Somebody is bouncing gateways or servers trying to get things stable. IP addresses aren't changing which could mean the problem is inside the center, and not something really bad like a cut cable.
as i stated before eventually someone is gonna hit the nail on the head cause just like a shotgun eventually someone is gonna figure out what's wrong. but the main issue is we can't do jack about it and currently I don't think even SSG even has direct access to their own servers and may be renting space rather then owning them witch would make it even harder to work on them

Xel

SSG is not working on the servers; they are preparing their defense against the animal cruelty lawsuit regarding all the suspicious gerbil deaths in their data center from server power outages.

RedPiety

I was gonna respond to that person who thought it was a good thing to ask to be reminded "why he's paying for VIP and the Store..."Just because he " can't do his leveling before 2 p.m. "
It's good I didn't. Your response is to the point and clear. And should be enough to not have to post responses like I would have posted.
Thank you Sir! Happy hunting! (As soon as we can again... :) )
English?