DDO unavailable: Saturday March 30th

Questor56

So, we've been able to connect to the game servers but even with the secondary switch configuration we're running into issues connecting to the database hosts, and folks are taking another look at tracing cables and such. So, that's the current state of things this minute.
Thank you for the update.

Jummby

Told you all he was at the family easter dinner and still is!!
My Easter isn't until May 4th.I am Greek and we follow a different calander. If it was my Easter, I would not be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the game to come up. The fact that people are tracking if a community manager is at home on a holiday or on the raid is weird.

He is customer relations, he isn't going to fix ddo.

JustHavingFunBro

My Easter isn't until May 4th.I am Greek and we follow a different calander. If it was my Easter, I would not be sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the game to come up. The fact that people are tracking if a community manager is at home on a holiday or on the raid is weird.

You're going to be shocked by this, but many people are not Christians. And I don't think anyone is tracking Cordo. Let's chill out on the paranoia.

Jummby

You're going to be shocked by this, but many people are not Christians.
Brace yourself...

I grew up in New York City and I am in one of the largest guilds on Khyber, that has people from all over the world in it, from different backgrounds and religious beliefs.

It isn't about what holiday it is, it's about respecting that someone is on a holiday or trying to celebrate it.

The Narc

Which is alright. He's SSG's community manager not part of their network engineering team. He doesn't need to be sitting there in person to do his job unlike the engineers that need to be onsite.
Might be true, but it could be all smoke and mirrors and no one is currently working on the long weekend.

Ultimately lets hope whatever is going on that it is not a big enough of a RIMSTROM that the game isnt broken for a truly extended perion of time.

JustHavingFunBro

Brace yourself...

I grew up in New York City and I am in one of the largest guilds on Khyber, that has people from all over the world in it, from different backgrounds and religious beliefs.

It isn't about what holiday it is, it's about respecting that someone is on a holiday or trying to celebrate it.
Nice of you to cut out half of my reply Mr. Respectful. But no one, or very few people expect anything from the community manager. Again, chill out on the paranoia and insane accusations.

I want to send my thanks to the DDO incident response team. Unexpected events occur. I know what it’s like to sacrifice weekends and holidays to restore infrastructure due to an unexpected outage. The team of people doing the restoration work should be commended. Hopefully management dedicates resources to perform a root cause analysis and lessons can be learned.

Kathwynn

You are tight he is in essence customer service and does not need to be there.
At the same time I am not christian. Not even close. Oestara has a different meaning for me and in general the wife and I celebrate it on our own these days. Part of that celebration is running toons that we made to run specifically together. So, yeah, I am bummed out that I am not able to play right now. I do appreciate that you run on a different calendar and celebrate in different way.

Kimbere

I think in SSG's case, they're just using an old/bad service provider. How much redundancy is there in some no name server rack renting place? Probably none.
Even more interesting maybe is the public IPs they're still using:
WGaOXpM.png

Jummby

You are tight he is in essence customer service and does not need to be there.
At the same time I am not christian. Not even close. Oestara has a different meaning for me and in general the wife and I celebrate it on our own these days. Part of that celebration is running toons that we made to run specifically together. So, yeah, I am bummed out that I am not able to play right now. I do appreciate that you run on a different calendar and celebrate in different way.
Happy Holiday. And sorry you were not able to partake in a tradition.

Ahpuch

There has been a lot of upset people posting but the important thing is that my plane just landed after a week being off line. I figure SSG has about 3 hours before i get home and am personally affected. 😱

chop chop

😁

Col Kurtz

Not sure I'd want to be in a Foxhole with some these posters this weekend....

talk about panic mode ... I hope they jump into enemy fire before they Pee all over themselves in our hole

haha JK o course....but some ya'll could use a chill pill

I thought Pot was mostly legal now?

Thx for trying DDO... you'll be back one these days;)