Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

wdhvenrick

If I'm reading it right, they remain in your stable, just if you want to summon them again, you can do so once you become VIP again (even for 1 month).

J1NG
Nah I got that I was just hoping to keep them while not a VIP since we'll it feels as if I had earned them by paying for VIP. Especially since all of DDO content just keeps being given out for free I was hoping since I pay I get to keep some of my earned items

mikarddo

Better than expected but still very underwhelming.

For me personally, the 500 DDO points, the 12h xp pot and the +1% to named loot has value, the rest does not.

Please confirm that the +1% to named loot is additive and not multiplicative, so 10% becomes 11% and not 10.1%. If its the latter - its just bad too.

Also, please add +1 LR hearts to the normal bag. The selection offered is not interesting at all. I have loads of those items already.

Reactions: DBZ

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Can we get an idea of the percentage chance of the crafting token?
From the FAQ:
What is a “Crafting Material Token”?

The Crafting Material Token is a new item that VIPs can obtain from collectible spots inside of the game world that will let you select a collectible of your choosing.

glass_jaws

From the FAQ:
What is a “Crafting Material Token”?

The Crafting Material Token is a new item that VIPs can obtain from collectible spots inside of the game world that will let you select a collectible of your choosing.
Yes I understand that. That still doesn't tell me the % chance of getting one when picking up a collectible though.

ChicagoChris

HOW DO I UPDATE MY CREDIT CARD INFO IN THE STORE?

I've been a VIP since 2009, but this process is all about streaks - if I can't update my credit card, how do I ensure that I keep the streak alive?

It is completely a miss that I can't update my credit card, and the support article here: https://help.standingstonegames.com...138508-How-do-I-update-my-payment-information doesn't work at all.

PLEASE SSG - TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Dom

So the time between the originally-released "plan" for the VIP loyalty program (March 3, 2023) and now (April 10, 2024) is over a year... and a total of two months of rewards have changed since then. Every reward is the same as what was originally planned for except the 10% fletching (which is now 10% reduced chance of item damage) and the 20% duration increase on hirelings which is now extra shared storage. It has taken over a year of dev time for there to be no change... so what is with the delay in implementing this?

Oh and the sentient xp was previously 1k, now it is 300 which is worth the same as one item at cap.

Last edited:

pevergreen

HOW DO I UPDATE MY CREDIT CARD INFO IN THE STORE?

I've been a VIP since 2009, but this process is all about streaks - if I can't update my credit card, how do I ensure that I keep the streak alive?

It is completely a miss that I can't update my credit card, and the support article here: https://help.standingstonegames.com...138508-How-do-I-update-my-payment-information doesn't work at all.

PLEASE SSG - TAKE MY MONEY!!!
Go to main ddo website
Go to buy an expansion
Click Payment Sources at the top of the page

Had to do it over the weekend

Shear-buckler

Well thoughout evidence-based posts are always welcome :)(y)

What "evidence" could I possibly provide?

So far my prediction seem spot on.

Here is a thought for you, VIP is not really important at all for their revenue stream so they don't really care if more players sub or not.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Thoughts on other enticing items for the basic VIP Bag:

Choice of any of the 3 sparks for Sentient Gems
15th anniversary token
The sparks are trivial to obtain. Just play the content they drop in.

No point in giving a token out to people that have already redeemed it, since you can only redeem it once per account. And VIP doesn't need permanent gear items. Consumables? Fine. Woudln't be surprised to see the token as an option in one of the Year of the Dragon chests.

seph1roth5

Better than the last VIP thing but still very very bad.

My first and main question is, why the 12 month progression? I get the thinking of wanting people to get vip and continue it. My issue is, EVERYONE I know that used to vip, along with anyone I pugged with, ALREADY had vip on the whole time they were playing. No one had it for a month here, a month there, it was something they had while playing the game for years and years. Did you guys see data that people were doing that? Or did you see less people VIP-ing and not realize it was because they were unhappy with VIP?

On to rewards:

1 - 500 bonus pts: Fine start
2 - Garbage. Most of these items are things no player would feel excited about getting in a chest. If we got EVERYthing from this bag instead of selecting one, it'd be an upgrade from pure garbage to "ok I guess"
3 - bonus character: Meh. Not something to get super excited over for vets, and new people shouldn't really have that many alts 3 months in.
4 - worse than garbage. Worse than the previous fletching but not quite as bad as hireling duration. No one cares about item durability. Named stuff can't take permanent damage anyway.
5 - another grab bag of garbage
6 - lightning trail - Cosmetics are attractive to some people, but this isn't a battlepass (will talk more about that at the bottom) to hide it behind a pile of months
7 - What's a "small chance?" at getting a collectible token? If it's small as in 2%, not worth it. Also the 10% crafting xp should just be given from the start (and made 20%), and then this month the collectible token and something else, 250 pts?
8 - Better selection but still very very BAD. 4 hearts that are super easy to get in game. Are you just trying to trick newbies into screwing themselves over? 12 hours pots that, like people have mentioned, are difficult to use because then you're committed? We could really use a way to pause pots. The loot/xp elixirs are the only real choice here, might as well just give another 500 pts here. Ok the +20 heart CAN be useful if you make a really huge mistake, but that's extremely rare. Most people either hold onto their +20 hearts and will likely never use it, or, they use it as a +1 or +2 heart since they don't have any others.
9 - 1% loot boost - The only thing here I like lol. It's small, and I'd like a bit more but hey it's something. BUT, it should also be given right from the start of VIP
10 - garbage pt 2
11 - Nice but AGAIN, just give this to us at the start and we'll vip for as long as we play the game.
12 - Probably nice, the art department does a really good job on stuff. But I think there should be something else at month 12 (or better, no 12-month system) and the mount just be a bonus thank you for vip-ing for a year.

Misc:
- Shared bank slots: Always need more of these, but why so stingy with the 5 when every upgrade is 10? Really feels like you're trying to give as little as humanly possible
- Spell swapping: Handy, could use a few more from-the-start QoL upgrades. See my sig for some low tier ideas.

End of Month:
- Reading the q&a, it sounds like this is actually...a 13 month plan? You don't get each month's rewards until the end of the month? That seems very misleading and sleazy. You did the same thing with the year of the dragon and it didn't make sense to anyone then. Is there a particular reason that, once someone already GIVES you the $$, you can't just give them that month's reward?

Now on to the battle pass. This whole system really looks like you're trying to copy a battle pass. I get it, many other games use a BP and it's a successful system. The problem is, you're not bringing in all the stuff that makes a BP appealing.
- A FREE progression of rewards just for playing the game. The BP then runs side by side and gives additional rewards. People play the free one and see what they're missing and then hop on.
- Daily incentives. Games with BP have daily missions/quests, things to run, which progress the BP.
- Good rewards. Right now your whole VIP rewards list is like 3-4 decent things.

I buy overwatch 2 BP by looking at the big end reward, a ****** costume. If it's reaaaally good I'll get the pass. If it's cool but not enough on it's own, I'll then backtrack through the other rewards (that take roughly 3 weeks to get them all) and see if altogether it's worth it. BP requires getting xp so I play every day.

It's like you're only taking the worst parts of a BP.
- Instead of small, daily progression, you're making people plan/commit to a year.
- Offering cosmetics/mounts that are only available while VIP. If you're going to do that, make them available from day 1.
- No actual incentive to log in or play, just pay $$.

It sounds like you want people to play, desperately want them to vip for consecutive months. But instead of offering good prizes to tantalize, you're just trying to force them to need to subscribe for multiple months in every nickel and dime way. When, again, the vast majority of people ALREADY WANT TO DO THAT.

Why are you making it so difficult? There are more people than I'd expect that think this new system looks good, but I think those people didn't despise the old one and were already vip anyway. The other people, like my friends and myself, were the ones waiting for a half-decent system to get us to VIP again. This is far from it and will not get us back.

Please consider frontloading many of the rewards to immediate unlock: lightning aura, cloud mount, crafting boost, drop rate boost, character slot. Then, each month could have a bag of many things, but...maybe better? Remove the traps like sentient xp and plain hearts of wood, and give the option of another 250-500 pts if you don't want the box.

If you absolutely NEED to have a big finale prize at the end, have the cloud mount be a bonus I guess, but consider after 6 months? Also, you should be able to obtain it if you buy 12 months (6?!?) of vip all at once.

Long post, but please please can you explain the need for this to be a 12-month monstrosity? Not why a 12-month plan is a good idea but why you think DDO needs it to be that way.

Eme

200w.gif

Mickeymouse

Unpopular opinion: The rewards are fine. The reason to have VIP is the 10% XP. 380k less heroic XP to earn? Yes please. Get back to level cap faster with 825k less epic XP to earn? Great, I prefer playing at end game. 10% reaper XP? Gimme. Can't get that any other way, and it works with Otto's boxes.
so much this. no idea what people are whining about in a game that pretty much revolves around XP.

Zuldar

So the notable rewards are a 1% better named item drop rate, one 12 hour pot (xp or discovery, 10 bank slots, and 500 extra ddo points. That's if you sub for the full year.

That's better than the last preview, but honestly, it's still kind of meagre.

My suggestions; change the durability to a stacking 5% more xp, increase the named item drop rate to 5%, add a selection of the lasting potions from gold rolls to the vip bag of many things (thinking a stack of 10). That would be enough to make it worthwhile.

Warsaga

present day - present time
Why is this so convoluted? Who made this list? It absolutely ignores nearly everything that players actually requested. No one in their right mind can figure $15 or whatever it is for a month of sub equivalent for a 300 sent xp gem in one case. You are lying if you say thats good value - you dont have to be vip to feed random named crap to your gem for free.

You could axe everything here and just give us Veteran 1, 2, and 3 on reincarnation for subbing for 4, 8, and 12 months and no one here would complain one bit. SSG won't do that though because they're afraid players will "finish the game' faster and move on to other games. Fine, possibly. But why not other quality of life upgrades that players having been suggesting? Things that make the grind more bearable or getting to and from less cumbersome?

So much about this list misses the mark of a vip program. Why am I paying so much money to get a one time heart? Does ANYONE who plays the game need a heart? I've never struggled for one, just trade in your commendations or seeds. If you wanted to make this valuable, then after that reward month, make reincarnating zero-heart cost. VIPS reincarnate for free after subbing for x # of months. That sounds great and has value, but not a one off heart for a month of subscription. That's basically going to the ddo store and buying the heart, which any of us could do at any time. What is unique here?

Furthermore, there should not be anything on this list that I can buy in store or earn/get in game. I'm not getting those things for "free" by subbing, I'm still paying for them and it looks like sometimes at a ridiculous markup. Absolutely no one was asking SSG for another way to pay for items or cosmetics which is what a large part of this list is. There are at least 2-3 compiled threads of what players actually view as value and they seem to have been ignored. This level of disconnect is damaging and concerning.

I defended SSG all last weekend over something that was out of their control, but this? They have full control over this offering and tbh id rather they have offered nothing at all. +500 additional ddo points is not a "value" for the players. Giving points only serves to get more players into the store to spend more and the amount is carefully curated to be both insufficient to buy anything meaningful but also around the same price that a player would spend if they bought the points outright for cash.

I keep going back and looking at this list and Its offensive. Why are there so many one off "gifts"? Then you go, well stay subbed and maybe you will get a different list next year that may have a 1k sentient gem and oh, maaaybe and ottos box for the 24th month. This whole program is just a way to get us to pay for things we would not have otherwise paid for. I might buy the mount, but why am I being forced to buy 11 months of prior stuff I would never have otherwise sought or spent my money for?

This program is not designed for players, its designed for the company to have a steady income. And thats fine -IF- it offered even a fraction of the things players actually said on these very forums they've wanted for months. This is supposed to be a partnership; give us reasonable things that are going to make our time spent in game better and increase our fun and we will want to support you. I don't want to support you for months on end with my money just because you are literally opening a couple bags in front of me with stuff like 300sent gem, heart of wood, 5 shared bank space, durability ward and telling me to "pick one." Pick one? That's a phrase used when everything offered has value. How about I pick none and keep my money for that month because if I'm not going to go to the store and buy it, then I'm not going to sub for it (buy it), which is just buying it via another way.

SSG, please retract this and go back to the drawing board. Start by asking "What do players want? What is feasible for us to acquiesce to? What provides ongoing value that players will remain subbed for? What provides quality of life for players?" Look at the forums, put together ideas and run polls on them for months on end. Implement new systems where needed and preview them on lam if needed. Don't guess or speculate what players want. Just read and listen.

Read and listen.

Last edited: