Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

The Narc

And when they reach the fantastic year 2 stuff the early adoptera have moved on to even more fantastic year 4 stuff etc.
And year 3 and 4 will be amazing too, hence the forever more.

And those that dont sub up will be whining like little babies that ITS NOT FAIR!!!

Lazuli

The Narc, you are confusing not seeing value in the subscription with someone being free to play. I know many people who refuse to buy VIP because they don't see value in the subscription, but they buy points and/or xpacks.

I understand that SSG is interested in attracting the largest number of subscribers possible because it is stable money, but not being VIP is not synonymous with being free to play.

On the other hand, although I think the VIP subscription has been deprived of too much value for what it costs, my reason for not supporting SSG is more related to dissatisfaction with the direction of the game and the way SSG treats its customers. Everyone has their own opinion. Respect that of others.

Warsaga

present day - present time
Well guess we will have to wait and see, but according to your post and reactions;
Lacci
Warsaga
Lazuli
Vyder
Tsotate
Ungermax

Will all be remaining FTP as they dont see the value in the VIP subscription.

Cant wait to revisit this down the line
I for one have not renewed my VIP. I don't see the value in VIP but I would've still subbed had I felt SSG respected the players and responded to the controversy. Their obvious distancing from the entire situation rubbed me the wrong way and right now I don't feel like giving them my money. If they feel they do not owe players who are unhappy about this any kind of acknowledgement then I likewise don't owe them my support.

But this is the opinion of one player. No one else, whether they are on this random list you made or not, has any responsibility to bundle their support of the VIP program with their support of the game overall. Its actually feasible to support the game while disliking one aspect of it.

Lacci

Well guess we will have to wait and see, but according to your post and reactions;

I can only speak for myself, I bought all of the current content with money over the years (except "Vecna") and as I said, I am able and willing to spend money on a FTP game.
I am kind of sceptical about this "loyalty" program, because to me it seems more like an attempt to re-add some value to the VIP subs that they have lost over the years (many races and classes are free now. Personally, I have all the content anyway, and even the most casual players like me have enough past lives to open quests on elite) so what´s left ? 500 DDO points ? They are hardly worth the subscription. Gold rolls ? Not a fan of gambling for money...
So I´m not sure if this is really about rewarding their most loyal customers, but rather the need to add value to the VIP subs so fewer people will cancel.
In that regard I think it´s not enough, it´s also not enough to convince players who don´t have subs yet to get one.

my reason for not supporting SSG is more related to dissatisfaction with the direction of the game and the way SSG treats its customers.
Indeed this, for me personally, is another major reason I´m not subscribing to VIP.

But I can guarantee you 100% that I won´t be whining for missing out on any loyalty reward and I will honestly be happy for you or anyone else who enjoys their rewards.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Lacci
Warsaga
Lazuli
Vyder
Tsotate
Ungermax

What do you think is guna happen further down the line? If I decide to resub am I expected to get some sort of ridicule? "Hahaaaa you subbed later than I did." I would rather understand the value of my money than blindly give money away regardless of whether or not it is "worth it." You think naming non-subscribers makes some sort of difference, when in actual fact you are turning this discussion into schoolyard nonsense. Not to mention that you have actively advocated others to discriminate based on VIP status.

If youre on Thelanis you should tell me your toon names so I can squelch

The Narc

What do you think is guna happen further down the line? If I decide to resub am I expected to get some sort of ridicule? "Hahaaaa you subbed later than I did." I would rather understand the value of my money than blindly give money away regardless of whether or not it is "worth it." You think naming non-subscribers makes some sort of difference, when in actual fact you are turning this discussion into schoolyard nonsense. Not to mention that you have actively advocated others to discriminate based on VIP status.

If youre on Thelanis you should tell me your toon names so I can squelch
Oooooowwww

Squelch me in your school yard, lol.

You are funny.

And yes i will be having a good laugh on those that didnt sub from the start. VIP already has its value the loyalty program is just a bonus, i personally dont mind spending the cost of a average dinner date for a years worth of subscription, but i do understand that this is not in everyones budget.

Happy gaming!

Reifee - Orien

I turned off VIP on almost all of my accounts after the Various nerfs recently. The DB / EA Healing aura was just annoying.

Vote with your wallet, Either the dev team will see the numbers dip and start working with the folks or we will continue this never ending cycle of New Expansion 2025 20% power increase! 2024Q4 we will be nerfing stuff 15%.

Which I don't get. If we end up being 40, the power of a level 40 character should be much higher then previous levels. Not incremently. I mean it also helps keep folks doing content that is more suitable for their levels.

mikarddo

I turned off VIP on almost all of my accounts after the Various nerfs recently. The DB / EA Healing aura was just annoying.

Vote with your wallet, Either the dev team will see the numbers dip and start working with the folks or we will continue this never ending cycle of New Expansion 2025 20% power increase! 2024Q4 we will be nerfing stuff 15%.

Which I don't get. If we end up being 40, the power of a level 40 character should be much higher then previous levels. Not incremently. I mean it also helps keep folks doing content that is more suitable for their levels.
The game is already alarmingly easy. The nerfs did little to change that and we got the very strong DL as well as some other stuff that added power.We have continually gotten stronger and contents has not. Hopdfully MD quests will be much harder and the increase on power be meaningful but less of an increase.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The game is already alarmingly easy. The nerfs did little to change that and we got the very strong DL as well as some other stuff that added power.We have continually gotten stronger and contents has not. Hopdfully MD quests will be much harder and the increase on power be meaningful but less of an increase.
MD means we'll be 2 levels higher with more powerful gear too; so the content we currently run at cap will feel even easier. Who knows where new quests will be at difficulty wise, but there's a ton of legendary content that's about to become simpler for folks to farm.

Reactions: DBZ

Ykty

The game is already alarmingly easy. The nerfs did little to change that
Then they should undo the nerfs, especially the healing aura, which was part of why I enjoyed playing DDO on an empty server, and contributed to the decision of subscribing to VIP (canceled when the nerf went live, still 6 months or so to go).

seph1roth5

Lacci
Warsaga
Lazuli
Vyder
Tsotate
Ungermax

Hey why wasn't I included on the list lol. INSULTED. But I can tell you my 3 friends and I have unsubbed (1 of which is tsotate). Them months ago. Me, I was on a 6-month plan so I think it's going to finish up in June?

The Narc

Hey why wasn't I included on the list lol. INSULTED. But I can tell you my 3 friends and I have unsubbed (1 of which is tsotate). Them months ago. Me, I was on a 6-month plan so I think it's going to finish up in June?
Hey thanks went back and updated my list. Sorry you felt insulted, you are now included as you wish.

Guessing when they unsubbed they were upset when the EA healing aura easy button was removed, for me that was a happy removal, it made for generic healing for any and all builds far too easy acquire.

Wolfen

Oooooowwww

Squelch me in your school yard, lol.

You are funny.

And yes i will be having a good laugh on those that didnt sub from the start. VIP already has its value the loyalty program is just a bonus, i personally dont mind spending the cost of a average dinner date for a years worth of subscription, but i do understand that this is not in everyones budget.

Happy gaming!
I've been VIP the whole time I play... almost 3 years now since I've been back to the game (after an 8 year break)...and quite a few years before I took my break. I'm VIP because I like the perks I do get, the extra XP and stuff. Sure, it was never much perks, but I wanted them.

Looking at this new VIP program I can't help but feel this is a slap in the face...it's ALL crap

An extra 500 DDO points one time? WHOOPIE! Why would I care about that? I already get 500 a month, an extra one time 500 bonus is nothing!

The bag of many things? Nothing in there I would want...sure, some people seem to like some of the items, but mostly just cheap crap

A bonus character slot that disappears if you ever stop VIP? Well first off, why wouldn't I just buy another slot if I really wanted it... at least that way I wouldn't be worried about ever not being able to access my character if I suddenly stop VIP!

10% item durability ward? Maybe if it was 100% it might be worthwile... but I can get that in-game from some enhancements!

A cosmetic storm trail? Whoopdi-do... might actually look cool, but so what? Sure, some people love that kind of stuff, and I will say, I don't hate it...but on my list of things I want, for me personally, cosmetics is at the very bottom of my list of wants...still there but extremely low.

The greater VIP bag of holding? Well... this has some ok items with the TR stuff, but the 2 elixirs are garbage because they are 1 single 12 hour elixir...is that what I get for 8 months of VIP? 1 single elixir?

What about a 1% increased chance of named loot dropping? Seriously? 1%? That's insulting! Why not 10%? A 1% chance will almost never be beneficial and quite frankly you will NEVER notice it!

A Storm Cloud mount? I like mounts... I have about a dozen myself and got ALL of them from packs and stuff (none from in-game grinding). So I like having a choice of mounts... it helps to choose which mount I want to use based on the class (and race) I choose to play. So... maybe this might be decent, but the graphic of it looked a little lame to me...hope it looks better in-game!

What about the extra 5 shared bank slots on sign up and the other 5 after 11 months? Well, extra storage space is always nice... but 5? Really, that seems insulting.

All in all... I give this new VIP program a score of 2 out of 10. SSG should look to that other company that made a VIP program for their game called LOTRO....wait a second, it's the SAME company! How is it possible for the same company to make a decent "paid subscriber program" for one game while at the same time, making a crappy and insulting one for another game!

And most importantly... why make me (or anyone) wait for their rewards? Like I've said before, I've been VIP the whole time I've been playing...about 3 years now straight, and quite a few more years before that before I took an 8 year break from the game!

If you have VIP benefits similar to what you get in LOTRO you won't have to make people wait unnecessarily! So take a look at what LOTRO does...and read some of the replies here as there have been some really good suggestions. What about making it easier to flag for raids when you TR as it can get tiring needing to re-flag every single new life. I like that more and more new raids do not require flagging... but how about some help with the ones that still require flagging?

How about stuff that are not simply 1 use and gone! I still have about 15-20 sovereign elixir from all the packs and stuff I've bought over the past year or so, but even if I didn't, getting 1 single 1 use elixir is insulting! Why not 10 of the elixirs? It's not like 10 elixirs would prevent anyone who buys XP pots from buying more XP pots since those 10 elixirs wouldn't last very long either!

Tarrith

Rather than reading through all the pages, is anyone going to go from Premium to VIP for the 12 months to get all these bonuses?
I would assume far more are going to drop VIP because they had been waiting to see what the changes were going to be, and are not interested in staying.
Been VIP since 2006. My VIP ran out a couple of days before they flicked the switch. I haven't renewed it.
Does this answer your question?

LeKOWgp27Gox.jpg

Tarrith

Here is the definition of loyal from the Cambridge dictionary;
firm and not changing in yourfriendship with or support for a personor an organization, or in your belief in your principles:

"This is a loyalty program those that unsubbed or who arent going to sub when the program started simply dont qualify as loyal and therefore whether they are discouraged or not they have made their choice"
I've been loyal since 2006-2024.
I don't stay loyal to those that I am loyal to if they keep kicking dirt in my face.
To stay loyal without question or grounds for that loyalty is not loyalty, it's sycophancy.

sycophancy
/ˈsɪkəˌfansi/

noun
  1. obsequious behaviour towards someone important in order to gain advantage.
    "your fawning sycophancy is nauseating"

Last edited:

The Narc

I've been loyal since 2006-2024.
I don't stay loyal to those that I am loyal to keep kicking dirt in my face.
To stay loyal without question or grounds for that loyalty is not loyalty, it's sycophancy.
And that is your choice and now you dont qualify as a VIP loyal customer, lets talk again next year when they add some super stuff and you will have some catching up to do.

SSG, i fully support your current VIP loyalty program. Lets not add low hanging fruit right away in the program, lets wait u til later on in the program.

Thank you in advance SSG

• Haha

Tarrith

Stay loyal (VIP) without question for gain.
The literal definition of sycophancy.

sycophancy
/ˈsɪkəˌfansi/

noun
  1. obsequious behaviour towards someone important in order to gain advantage.
    "your fawning sycophancy is nauseating"

Last edited: