Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Eme

Just to add to the confusion that will help players forget to pick up rewards, I claimed my 5 account_slots_signed_on reward yesterday, logged on today and got another message saying I had a reward to claim, even though I already had.

If this message appears every time we log in when there isn't anything to pick up anymore, we will get used to ignoring it, and it will be far easier to miss a month. This really needs to be fixed.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Just to add to the confusion that will help players forget to pick up rewards, I claimed my 5 account_slots_signed_on reward yesterday, logged on today and got another message saying I had a reward to claim, even though I already had.

If this message appears every time we log in when there isn't anything to pick up anymore, we will get used to ignoring it, and it will be far easier to miss a month. This really needs to be fixed.

Reactions: Eme

Shear-buckler

A bad excuse. You can make a bad choice very rarely. That is no excuse to put zero timer on swaps. It's giving a much larger spellbook than they have to classes that are supposed to have limited spellbooks.

Yes, you are going to find any excuse to justify this because you love having this power. But it shouldn't be a feature. It should have a limit.
My view is that it is perfectly fine because sorc vs wizard balancing does not really rely on sorcs limited spell respec anyway.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
If I dont grab my VIP reward in a month, can I grab 2 rewards in the fillowing month?
So rewards will be queued or will I lose a VIP month if I dont grab a reward???

How does it work in this case?
You can only claim one reward in a month.

If you skip a month, say you don't log in and run to the HoH and click that tall as heck dragon born in July because you took some time off to travel, go camping or whatever. When you come back in August you claim the next award in the series. Putting you a month behind your static group folks who did log in and claim the reward.

Owlbear

For some reason I can't login to the forums when I use Firefox. The reCAPTCHA is broken and keeps loading....
I'm on an other browser now.

Ahpuch

Because of that I had to login again and it doesn't work on Firefox. Like I said the reCAPTCHA gets stuck on loading. Tried turning off adblocks and refresh browser cache. Forced to use an other browser now.
I don't think it was because of that. I am in firefox and I got an unavailable announcement for a while and then the forums started working again. No login needed. And Captcha worked just fine when I logged in for the first time on my new Computer a few days ago so that diagnosis may be missing something else.

Owlbear

I don't think it was because of that. I am in firefox and I got an unavailable announcement for a while and then the forums started working again. No login needed. And Captcha worked just fine when I logged in for the first time on my new Computer a few days ago so that diagnosis may be missing something else.
It still worked before the downtime began. After downtime I wasn't auto logged in anymore and couldn't login anymore. So thought I'd mention it here for others who might encounter the same issue.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
I've had issues with it before. One time I couldnt log in because Captcha wasnt showing, the only way I could get it to work was with an Incognito window but then, I kept having the same issue after for a while

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
The Captcha issue does not appear to be specific to DDO, as family have experienced issues elsewhere where it is used whilst using Firefox. It just coincidentally happened to coincide with the forum changes here at DDO at the same time.

J1NG

Ahpuch

The Captcha issue does not appear to be specific to DDO, as family have experienced issues elsewhere where it is used whilst using Firefox. It just coincidentally happened to coincide with the forum changes here at DDO at the same time.

J1NG
Or maybe your family has been replaced by robots. 🤨

GrizzlyOso

They should just do a "Loyalty Cache", so when you don´t pick up your reward in time, it will automatically go in there for you to pick up later.
The mechanics for that are already in the game (reincarnation cache, overflow bag) so it shouldn´t be that hard to code.
It’s funny, the FREE system already has the mechanic to pick up previous rewards.

But for vip? You pay us? Let’s make it worse.

Zuldar

Wow they completely ghosted the official thread and took none of the feedback into consideration. Honestly, this is kind of diappointing. I would have hoped something would have changed to make it more worthwhile and convenient to acquire.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Wow they completely ghosted the official thread and took none of the feedback into consideration. Honestly, this is kind of diappointing. I would have hoped something would have changed to make it more worthwhile and convenient to acquire.

We shall see in a couple of months I think, if a lot of subs are cancelled they might add to it. I doubt it though. For now I will not be resubbing. Elite opening is free to unlock, and I have access to unlimited store points via favor grind. The only things of interest are the cosmetics, and I can live without them. I wonder how many lightning trails we will at Christmas...

seph1roth5

They answered a few technical questions early on but are happy with the final product. Can't imagine why. As much as I love DDO, I really hope that in the next year they see what a horrible idea this all was. But my guess is they won't look at or consider cancelled subs and just look that people subbed at all.

I also think that there are going to be misunderstandings with skipped months and returning and whatnot.