Downtime Notice: Wednesday, February 28th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Whilst there's still some time. Can anyone give me any details regarding their multi-cursed by Reincarnation (when you never cursed them) items? If I can get conclusive proof how it happening by replicating it (an uncursed item becoming cursed or multi-cursed), I could try and wrangle something from the Devs.

What did you guys do to get multi-cursed items via Reincarnation? As best as you can remember. Which Reincarnation type? Did you have any other items (including of the same type; so if helm was multi-cursed without cursing it did you have another that was?) that were cursed or multi-cursed during the Reincarnation? How many?

J1NG

PersonMan

A single free curse cleansing card would be a nice gesture for people that had this happen by accident, but I wouldn't expect it
Simply, they should just remove all the extra curses from a multi-cursed item.
Item affixes appear in a specific order based on when they were added to the item.

If your item was "accidentally" multi-cursed then losing the legitimate original curse is an insult.

I am glad that I have not TRd in a while and this has not happened to me. Way back when they fixed a different problem; they had all the random gen items manually reset their Minimum levels and introduced the "Guilty Burdon" effect. The problem with this fix is many legitimate legacy items ballooned their ML so many of my alts had their gear turned useless. What made me stop playing the game for 5+ years was that the effect description basically told me I was cheating when in reality the devs just destroyed a bunch of my legitimate items.

I guess they are just making sure we know that this system is cursed.

Whilst there's still some time. Can anyone give me any details regarding their multi-cursed by Reincarnation (when you never cursed them) items? If I can get conclusive proof how it happening by replicating it (an uncursed item becoming cursed or multi-cursed), I could try and wrangle something from the Devs.

What did you guys do to get multi-cursed items via Reincarnation? As best as you can remember. Which Reincarnation type? Did you have any other items (including of the same type; so if helm was multi-cursed without cursing it did you have another that was?) that were cursed or multi-cursed during the Reincarnation? How many?

J1NG
Ive got a couple video clips of it (that I sent to them in a bug report). All the clips show, and what I remember, is having items that had 1 curse on them, doing a full (racial) reincarnation, leveling up to cap, pulling them items out of my tr cache, and they gained a second curse between exiting my tr cache and appearing in my inventory.

Not all items, not every tr, but happened enough that I ended up with 4 or 5 of em

Its been long enough ago that I don't know or remember if I had items of different types with the same curse or similarly cursed. I know that I had some of them equipped when I tred, and did not have others equipped. I started putting a bunch of items that were cursed in my shared bank before tring to not need to worry about this (and none of those gained curses).

I do know that one of my trs had several helms of the hunter all cursed and none of them gained extra curses in the tr, so that is not the (sole) factor.

All the items that I had that ended up with second curses arent too bad to replace so is not a big deal for me, though mildly annoying.

Good luck tracking this down!

Last edited:

J1NG

Ive got a couple video clips of it (that I sent to them in a bug report). All the clips show, and what I remember, is having items that had 1 curse on them, doing a full (racial) reincarnation, leveling up to cap, pulling them items out of my tr cache, and they gained a second curse between exiting my tr cache and appearing in my inventory.

Not all items, not every tr, but happened enough that I ended up with 4 or 5 of em

Ah, unfortunately I think I can see the problem.

Do you by chance remember if you relogged before you Cursed your item and Reincarnated? And was the item that was multi-cursed the first item you removed from the cache or not? Or pulled a cursed item out first and then another cursed item?

J1NG

J1NG
I cursed items and got one of the 50 garbage curses and fed them to a sentient item in the first slot of my inventory and those seemed to be the curses that showed up after I trd. Happened on 3 items that were all blank dino items

Ah, unfortunately I think I can see the problem.

Do you by chance remember if you relogged before you Cursed your item and Reincarnated? And was the item that was multi-cursed the first item you removed from the cache or not? Or pulled a cursed item out first and then another cursed item?

J1NG

There were instances where it was not the first item I removed, either in the tr, or in that instance of the bank being open. There was also an instance of it being the first item I removed from the bank (in that instance of the bank being open, not in the tr).

I believe that I relogged after (and definitely before) cursing my items and before tring but could not say for sure one way or the other

I did pull out both cursed and uncursed items before pulling out the item(s) that got double cursed. I just got to cap so was pulling out all my gear, clickies, spell absorb, skill swaps, and of course the cursed items that I was going to wear

Last edited:

J1NG

I cursed items and got one of the 50 garbage curses and fed them to a sentient item in the first slot of my inventory and those seemed to be the curses that showed up after I trd. Happened on 3 items that were all blank dino items
Sorry, I'm going to need a tiny bit of clarification:

What is the sentient item you fed the cursed items to? Artifact or weapon?

Do you remember what items you were cursing at the time, and what those Dino blanks were? Weapons, items, and what kind?

J1NG

Abax11

• Schism Shard weapons no longer lose W score when they are upgraded
K-rap, um I recently upgraded a the warhammer (preparing for a dual warhammer dragon lord!) and notice it did lose .4[W]. Will the new release fix weapons recently upgraded or is there a way to wash it somehow?

was asking the same, all existing weapons will be upgraded or we'll have to do it again to get that 0,4? Not very fun to remove all sentient, augment and farm the shards again.

J1NG

There were instances where it was not the first item I removed, either in the tr, or in that instance of the bank being open. There was also an instance of it being the first item I removed from the bank (in that instance of the bank being open, not in the tr).

I believe that I relogged after (and definitely before) cursing my items and before tring but could not say for sure one way or the other

I did pull out both cursed and uncursed items before pulling out the item(s) that got double cursed. I just got to cap so was pulling out all my gear, clickies, spell absorb, skill swaps, and of course the cursed items that I was going to wear

Thank you for that information.

Again, I think I can see the issue. As one such "accidental" method of performing multi-curse is very similar but very deliberate. Which due to the mechanics involved, I can see where the lines are blurred, and why it might be possible this could happen. I just now need to prove it can happen as an actual "accident". And if so, then can try and ask the Devs for some leeway. Maybe during the Month of March, deploy and NPC that allows players to "Pay their Respects" somewhow to their anscestors who then remove the curse for one item. Maybe a Saga reward person. Dunno. But that's not important right now. The most important thing, as said above, is to prove this can happen and how it happens. Without that, pointless to talk about what happens after.

Back to formulating tests to prove this happens and hopefully the why as well.

J1NG

Thank you for that information.

Again, I think I can see the issue. As one such "accidental" method of performing multi-curse is very similar but very deliberate. Which due to the mechanics involved, I can see where the lines are blurred, and why it might be possible this could happen. I just now need to prove it can happen as an actual "accident". And if so, then can try and ask the Devs for some leeway. Maybe during the Month of March, deploy and NPC that allows players to "Pay their Respects" somewhow to their anscestors who then remove the curse for one item. Maybe a Saga reward person. Dunno. But that's not important right now. The most important thing, as said above, is to prove this can happen and how it happens. Without that, pointless to talk about what happens after.

Back to formulating tests to prove this happens and hopefully the why as well.

J1NG
Ah thats good at least, if its a super specific situation that I blundered into, its unlikely that many other people might be affected. Like I said earlier isnt too big of a deal for me since the couple items that I had that ended up double cursed are easily replaceable

My big concern was someone else getting hit (accidentally) much worse than I am
Thanks for the info, and thanks for investigating!

J1NG

My big concern was someone else getting hit (accidentally) much worse than I am
Thanks for the info, and thanks for investigating!
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping to prove (that someone blundered into this specific method of replication, where the fault is somewhere else in the DDO system that is normal and common/routine and not player deliberately actioned event, but the whole process could be triggered innocously).

J1NG

SunTzu

If it was possible to get multiple curses on an item by accident then a special uncursing card that only works with overloaded should be buyable from vendors for platinum. Even then, requiring a card of cleansing which last I checked has a drop rate roughly equal to winning the big prize in a lottery is vindictive.
How did you get multiple curses on an item BY ACCIDENT, when it required VERY SPECIFIC SHORT DEBUFF IN VERY SPECIFIC INSTANCE?

Smell of exploiting is always stinky, get the punishment. The curse of overloaded should not be removed by uncursing card.

Reactions: DBZ

Kyo

How did you get multiple curses on an item BY ACCIDENT, when it required VERY SPECIFIC SHORT DEBUFF IN VERY SPECIFIC INSTANCE?

Smell of exploiting is always stinky, get the punishment. The curse of overloaded should not be removed by uncursing card.
This is a totally wrong approach.

of course people put 2nd cards on by purpose. they understood the mechanics of the game and understood how to magically debuff an item. and in-game working as intended thing. there was no cheating.

The Dev's released a great new mechanic into the game and didnt fully realize something would work like it did. Its ok there doin a great job the odd thing is gonna get by them.

They are not perfect there human same as the player's.

no one should be punished. not the devs letting one slip by or the players for using in game working as intended debuff.

Elves United

I don't even know how it was done deliberately. Much less by accident. ( Though some have been providing theories )
Personally I don't have any items with multiple curses and seems foolish to me to take advantage of an exploit that could come back to bite you.

That said server population is low and showing some mercy wouldn't be that bad a thing. And if its true that it could have happened by accident? Then this is way out of bounds.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Having met some players who got double cursed items, they knew what they were doing and they knew it was not intended. I think the solution is apt.

I have heard there are some who got items double cursed in a TR cache bug. If that is a thing, those players should be accommodated but I doubt that is the majority of incidences. It should also trigger SSG to fix their stupid TR process.
Dont need to TR to get a second curse bug. I have tons of leveling gear in my shared bank and lots of them got doublecurse on it.
After 3 days the 2nd curse just appear on the item by itself.
I've never done the exploit but got the punishment.
Collective punishment for something that the root cause is bad coding by SSG is not a nice solution especially when the doublecurse can happen by accident too.
Would have been a more elegant way if all the doublecursed item would turn into a perma slow effect on those or just raise the minimum lvl of the item to 100 (so it cannot be weared) till it could be cleansed by an NPC in the Hall of Heroes for free.
Only doublecursed items are accepted by this NPC.

Last edited:

Cetus

"Dragon Lord fighters forgo the use of a shield to focus on..."

As DDO's fighter champion since 2006, I take offense to this statement. Fighters can be played many ways, having a shield is not particularly characteristic of the class - plenty of offensively focused Kensei's are running around. I've played fighter for 18 years and never used a shield as a main item.

In fact, dragon lord differs chiefly by removing specifically the tree that happens to have nothing specifically to do with shields - Kensei.

I think whoever wrote that statement has demonstrated a fundamental misunderstanding about the fighter class.

J1NG

Dont need to TR to get a second curse bug. I have tons of leveling gear in ny shared bank and lots of them got doublecurse on it.
Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for that info.

J1NG

J1NG

Dont need to TR to get a second curse bug. I have tons of leveling gear in ny shared bank and lots of them got doublecurse on it.

Thank you again for posting. I think we have a winner. I will formulate a proposal for the Devs now for some type of support for players whilst I record the evidence.

J1NG

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Thank you again for posting. I think we have a winner. I will formulate a proposal for the Devs now for some type of support for players whilst I record the evidence.

J1NG
In my experience the character bank is not affected, only the shared bank. I am not 100% sure about this since this bug is random in the bank system and it cannot be reproduced directly.