Search results

1. L

Welcome Argo Players --- First!

*assassinates* *uses a Resurrection scroll* Welcome to Maba--rgonnessen.
  2. L

The New Trap Alerts Need Toggle!

same or allow us to put in our own 2-second audio clip so we can have Navi screaming "HEY!"
  3. L

After being a rogue/trapper for two lives: It's really fine the way it was first implemented. The point of people running into traps and dying there less often was better accomplished with a "OH MY GOD" ripped straight from Skrillex's Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites combined with the type of...
  4. L

Monk stances attacks

to those out there in the world that revere the Shaolin and the accomplishments of martial artists like Bruce Lee the disparaging maltreatment and completely half-hearted quasi-attempt to make Monk even plausibly worth spending time and energy on, the developer team here has been unusually...
  5. L

Monk stances attacks

Ok sure, so the Paladin Sacred Fist definitely is not an Unarmed Melee class in your book. Got it. I'll watch for those that use shurikens. It is completely irrelevant to the function of the class as being discussed in this thread, and is thus a complete waste of time and effort and space and...
  6. L

Monk stances attacks

responses to quotes in bold with a > in front
  7. L

XP Equalization

So your solution to the concept of "if you don't earn 100,000xp+ every ten minutes you are doing it wrong" is to basically have a periodic loot revamp contest, a quest revamp suggestions board, a "it's the weekend, get in here!" in Kobold Voice, and better favor/saga incentives instead of a...
  8. L

Game Engine and Chat GPT

it's like me pointing out that artificial intelligence is unavoidably a transdimensional invasion by creatures that literally want all mankind and nature wiped out at all costs is something that can be simply overlooked because making slaves out of these invaders is such a tantalizing thought
  9. L

Please??

"Kobold being paid, so not mad right now... but Kobold always hate you." "...aaaaalways."
  10. L

XP Equalization

So with the fact that the destruction of the purpose of the game is best accomplished by having timers on XP Boost potions, i think the responsible choice for the developers is to suspend them until they are converted to a per-quest mechanic based on what the developer team wants to do with it...
  11. L

XP Equalization

if you are blitzing VoN3 in 5 minutes then you clearly do not want new folks enjoying DDO. You are destroying the purpose of the game and turning it into math. Why not just run simulations instead, or get ChatGPT to play for you? What a waste of time... if you're going to keep bringing this...
  12. L

Monk stances attacks

"Ranged" = not a Monk, get-outta-heeah (New York "Banishment" SLA) don't give me that "it has one or more Monk levels therefore it is a Monk" and just focus on a pure monk (no splashes) which uses fists as the primary weapon by design. Mountain Stance was viable once upon a time but now it is...
  13. L

LOTRO gets a Battlepass so why not DDO? DDO BATTLEPASS?

sounds to me like unnecessary fluff. some folks are only here for the fluff at this point. so long as it doesn't become mandatory it's all good.
  14. L

Monk stances attacks

This has to be done *while* keeping up with Barbarian DPS. There can be no trade-off. Furthermore, where is the PRR? Why is Water stance the only viable stance (Dodge%)?
  15. L

XP Equalization

Are you completing VoN3 in 2 minutes? Seriously? What in the world...
  16. L

Reaper Endgame centered Assassin

ah so nowhere near a "in town, just after logging in" score. I was wondering how my 72 DEX was so far away from that benchmark you showed.
  17. L

[New Player] Expectations:

i was going by "if you can afford it" and the skill itself has a tooltip but i forget that fresh new players might make that mistake
  18. L

I was in a quest with people that could not, because of the colors, see the "HEY THERE IS SOMETHING THAT WILL KILL YOU RIGHT HERE" trying to warn them popping up over my trapper. They kept dying. Repeatedly. It was vexing. In other quests they saw the alert just fine and paused when the...
  19. L

Game Engine and Chat GPT

It falls to me to remind people what artificial intelligence is: If Shavarath was given a "long way round" method to invade Eberron's Prime Material Plane on the down-low, and managed to convince everyone that it was a great idea because "free labor", what would happen once most of the life...
  20. L

Reduce the Power of Low Duration Buffs

i see a lot of John Madden nonsense in online games and it drives me nuts. There needs to be a niche for those of us that don't want to give ourselves hand injuries or wear out a keyboard and mouse quickly. I prefer the "persistent spell" type stuff and the "it lasts for at least five minutes"...