Search results

1. L

Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

That´s probably true, and as you said, at the same time, there are people that sub no matter what. From a rational point of view, SSG shouldn´t do anything about either group as that would be a waste of resource. Rather they should focus on anyone else. I´m sure there are people with money to...
  2. L

Shouldn´t that be their goal ? To get FTPers to subscribe ? That would almost be "fiscally responsible"
  3. L

Whose Excited about the Upcoming Dragon Mount?

Let´s wait and see how it looks. I don´t really care much about mounts, but if it doesn´t look too silly, I might even use it.
  4. L

Genuine question: Why doesn't VIP spell swap apply to Wizards?

Of course they do. You have fewer active spell slots than available spells in your spellbooks. So if you want to SWAP a spell from your active spell slots to a different one from your spellbook, you´d have to go to a tavern. With this perk you should be able to do it in any public area. At...
  5. L

You're going to take this VIPLP and you're going to like it.

I´m not a VIP player and even I am upset by it ...
  6. L

Multiboxing

The whole concept of multiboxing is still very weird to me, it never occured to me to create a second account. And I don´t think I ever will do it in any game, especially if I have to pay for the same content multiple times...
  7. L

Does Anyone Ever Use DDO to Substitute the Experience of a PnP Session as I think the Game may have Originally be Intended for?

I have to say, DDO has gone so far away from a PnP experience, it´s become more like a Diablo style game by now. It´s all about maximizing XP/minute and optimizing builds and gear.
  8. L

Ive never wiped a party due to my dps before...

I just wanted to write the same thing... I don´t get it either.
  9. L

Racial Blood Vs Heroic

Both will work, the difference is just which past life feat you want. If you use the heart of blood, you´ll get a Drow past life feat. If you use the heart of wood, you´ll get the dark hunter past life feat. In both cases, you can start over as a lvl 1 warforged artificer.
  10. L

DPS Too High: Was it my fault?

Not bothering with the poll ... but does this game actually have a real (working) aggro mechanic ? Just asking because every hireling immediately takes away any aggro by just existing. I always thought that the game would just internally roll a d20 to see who gets the aggro.
  11. L

They should just do a "Loyalty Cache", so when you don´t pick up your reward in time, it will automatically go in there for you to pick up later. The mechanics for that are already in the game (reincarnation cache, overflow bag) so it shouldn´t be that hard to code.
  12. L

Handwraps Monk Build

Hey, I´ve been doing this build for a while now and it´s working great. I have just hit Lvl 21 and I´m wondering if "Vorpal Strikes" is worth taking as an epic feat. During leveling I used a set of vorpal handwraps and found that with whirlwind attacks, I got quite a lot of vorpal hits...
  13. L

Why hasn't the LAG and other technical issues not been resolved?

I can only assume it´s because SSGs management doesn´t think that a bug- and lagfree game may generate any income and/or new players. And at the same time, apparently people still spend enough money regardless.
  14. L

Year of the Dragon NPC Temporarily Disabled

I do that, I plan for failure by not spending money anymore. If they fail, it´s no loss for me, if they succeed, it will be free. Works pretty well for me, but I´d question if it´s really a good idea to run a business like that...
  15. L

Most satisfying character action ingame

Opening a locked chest with a half-orcs headbutt :)
  16. L

Greater Tome of Epic Learning not in the store?

I got the impression from the day that "new" store went live. You would think of all the things, the shop would be the one thing that should be working ...
  17. L

What's the point of crafting if you can only make the same seemingly random combinations as on looted items?

OK, I´m no expert on Cannith crafting, but I thought you could craft everything either bound or unbound, so it is tradable. The unbound shards just are more expensive to do.
  18. L

Are Rogues Just Bad?

These polls are getting better and better :D
  19. L

That would certainly explain a few things...