Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

Warsaga

present day - present time
They answered a few technical questions early on but are happy with the final product. Can't imagine why. As much as I love DDO, I really hope that in the next year they see what a horrible idea this all was. But my guess is they won't look at or consider cancelled subs and just look that people subbed at all.

I also think that there are going to be misunderstandings with skipped months and returning and whatnot.
Interesting to see that all the discussions around it got seemingly squelched Monday after certain folks came back to work

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Wow they completely ghosted the official thread and took none of the feedback into consideration. Honestly, this is kind of diappointing. I would have hoped something would have changed to make it more worthwhile and convenient to acquire.
Disappointing? Perhaps. Surprising? No.

The Narc

Still very happy with the loyalty program and will be even happier next year when they add some really special goodies and all the cancelled subs will have a long way to go to be considered loyal VIP’s for these special goodies.

I completely understand why they didnt put low hanging fruit in the first year of this program, the people that have been subbed and will continue to be subbed are your loyal VIP’s. As many put it, we were going to sub anyways(because we are loyal), but with low hanging fruit to many ftpers would be jumping on the band wagon right away if it was low hanging fruit.

Now next year when they want to see a spike in their income, they offer an amazing second year of loyalty rewards and bam every jones’er that needs power will pull out their wallet and spend, SSG are guaranteed that sub for atleast the first year and part of the second year. Pure genius!

mikarddo

Still very happy with the loyalty program and will be even happier next year when they add some really special goodies and all the cancelled subs will have a long way to go to be considered loyal VIP’s for these special goodies.

I completely understand why they didnt put low hanging fruit in the first year of this program, the people that have been subbed and will continue to be subbed are your loyal VIP’s. As many put it, we were going to sub anyways(because we are loyal), but with low hanging fruit to many ftpers would be jumping on the band wagon right away if it was low hanging fruit.

Now next year when they want to see a spike in their income, they offer an amazing second year of loyalty rewards and bam every jones’er that needs power will pull out their wallet and spend, SSG are guaranteed that sub for atleast the first year and part of the second year. Pure genius!

I like your optimism - but I do not share it. If they put in good stuff next year - and I very much doubt that - then those that didnt join from the start will simply feel discouraged by having to sub for 2 years before getting it.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I like your optimism - but I do not share it. If they put in good stuff next year - and I very much doubt that - then those that didnt join from the start will simply feel discouraged by having to sub for 2 years before getting it.
Or the awesome stuff in year 10 for the anniversary so new players will by then have 120 months to wait for the shiny... I can't really see that ending well.

The Narc

Here is the definition of loyal from the Cambridge dictionary;
firm and not changing in yourfriendship with or support for a personor an organization, or in your belief in your principles:

This is a loyalty program those that unsubbed or who arent going to sub when the program started simply dont qualify as loyal and therefore whether they are discouraged or not they have made their choice.

Your point is like saying everyone that didnt buy some class/race/tree such as inquisitor before it was nerfed should now be discouraged because it will take them longer to accomplish what those that did buy it do while it was overpowered. I know folks that used inquisitor to power thru many past lives fast, for those that didn’t buy it they have made their bed and must lie in it.

Toprak

You keep forgetting that even if you're subbed this entire time moving forward, if you happen to forget to claim a reward, or can't for some reason (minor or major reasons), you will still end up falling behind on the schedule, despite being subbed.

The Narc

You keep forgetting that even if you're subbed this entire time moving forward, if you happen to forget to claim a reward, or can't for some reason (minor or major reasons), you will still end up falling behind on the schedule, despite being subbed.

I totally support that the reward should be autogranted if you are subbed, not sure why they bothered to do that, other than to try and increase the number of logins for their analytics.

Shear-buckler

Here is the definition of loyal from the Cambridge dictionary;
firm and not changing in yourfriendship with or support for a personor an organization, or in your belief in your principles:

This is a loyalty program those that unsubbed or who arent going to sub when the program started simply dont qualify as loyal and therefore whether they are discouraged or not they have made their choice.

Your point is like saying everyone that didnt buy some class/race/tree such as inquisitor before it was nerfed should now be discouraged because it will take them longer to accomplish what those that did buy it do while it was overpowered. I know folks that used inquisitor to power thru many past lives fast, for those that didn’t buy it they have made their bed and must lie in it.
What they are calling it is irrelevant. The outcome is what matters. Adding strong/valuable rewards at 5 year sub will not make turn a non-vip to a vip. It will far more likely make them play something else.

The Narc

Shouldn´t that be their goal ? To get FTPers to subscribe ? That would almost be "fiscally responsible"
Some FTPers will never sub up, pretending that some offer will draw in even a small percentage is an unlikely result. Hardcore definitely affected ftpers because of the elite lock and if you want to support the game next hardcore dont unlock quests for anyone you know that is free to play, encourage them to sub up.

GrizzlyOso

I floated this theory already. Wouldn't surprise me at all, the "marketing" here has been "don't tell anyone anything to get them excited for anything".

Strangely the opposite of every other marketing I've ever heard of, and the results, well, no one has heard of ddo. Working great.

cdbd3rd

I totally support that the reward should be autogranted if you are subbed, not sure why they bothered to do that, other than to try and increase the number of logins for their analytics.

200w.gif

While we, and many others, may disagree on what constitutes value of old VIP vs new, the whole check-in routine to adavcne the 'Track is garbage.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Some FTPers will never sub up, pretending that some offer will draw in even a small percentage is an unlikely result. Hardcore definitely affected ftpers because of the elite lock and if you want to support the game next hardcore dont unlock quests for anyone you know that is free to play, encourage them to sub up.
So what youre saying is you support the further division of the playerbase

Last edited:

Lacci

Some FTPers will never sub up
That´s probably true, and as you said, at the same time, there are people that sub no matter what.
From a rational point of view, SSG shouldn´t do anything about either group as that would be a waste of resource.
Rather they should focus on anyone else.
I´m sure there are people with money to spare that think the current VIP is not worth the price.

The Narc

That´s probably true, and as you said, at the same time, there are people that sub no matter what.
From a rational point of view, SSG shouldn´t do anything about either group as that would be a waste of resource.
Rather they should focus on anyone else.
I´m sure there are people with money to spare that think the current VIP is not worth the price.
Yep and those people will sub up when year two comes out with fantastic stuff and then we will have them locked into their sub forever more.

Shear-buckler

Yep and those people will sub up when year two comes out with fantastic stuff and then we will have them locked into their sub forever more.
And when they reach the fantastic year 2 stuff the early adoptera have moved on to even more fantastic year 4 stuff etc.

The Narc

Unlikely...

If I don´t think VIP is worth my money right now, I certainly won´t pay for a year just based on the idea that it might be better in year 2.
Well guess we will have to wait and see, but according to your post and reactions;
Lacci
Warsaga
Lazuli
Vyder
Tsotate
Ungermax
Seph1roth5

Will all be remaining FTP as they dont see the value in the VIP subscription.

Cant wait to revisit this down the line

Last edited: