Search results

1. FuzzyDuck81

Value of Drow Weapons in 2024?

The dwarven axe & the bastard sword are both very solid options. Maul for Silvanus followers is a beast. Longsword is still decent & no alignment restriction plus being able to make it BtoA can give it an advantage vs. the Oathblade in some situations.
  2. FuzzyDuck81

What's the point of Saltmarsh Discovery Potion (from VIP) if..

It'd be nice if it was a multi-charge (say 10 uses?) clicky that worked more like the treasure maps, so you hit it then have a shorter buff duration just to open the chest(s), it wouldn't feel like you were wasting the time.
  3. FuzzyDuck81

ED's for PM

Yep I take this on most casters. Rejuvenating cocoon is great & since the change to carrion swarm i usually go with the fire epic strike to give an AoE heal for occasional use to support the group, then shard storm for a nice fire & forget damage/temp HP shield as for a PM especially as poison &...
  4. FuzzyDuck81

SoS vs ESoS

There are a few things that are better for specific builds & situations, but SoS & eSoS are still right up there. Another thing that might be worth bearing in mind is that as greatswords they're both capable of being favoured weapons for lord of blades followers & any paladins vs. other 2handers...
  5. FuzzyDuck81

Why is "scroll" an evil word???

The Scunthorpe problem rears it's head on here every 3 or 4 months it seems.
  6. FuzzyDuck81

Underused Enemies

Still waiting on the reveal of Arboth actually being a dragon after all, but stuck in his shifted form with amnesia.
  7. FuzzyDuck81

The new race that's coming this year...

I've been hoping for Talenta Plains halflings, with their racial thing being no dragonmark but instead getting a dinosaur companion which levels with them, the iconic being a barbarian with a shapeshifting ability to turn into a dinosaur (instead of wolf) & swapping out the frenzied berserker...
  8. FuzzyDuck81

Iron golems

It's a tricky one - as far as I understand it, it's like physical, but its still magical so is subject to certain damage mitigation like MRR & the generalised % based magical damage resistance that the golems have, while the piercing damage from penetrating blast is treated the same as being hit...
  9. FuzzyDuck81

Questions about Range, PLs and other builds

Past lives all stack with each other so monk & fighter will definitely be beneficial. Racial past lives are great as the extra APs can open up entire new build possibilities especially for an archer character to eat up the cost of opening the arcane archer tree - at that point with the universal...
  10. FuzzyDuck81

Iron golems

Just remembered another, penetrating blast switches your blast to piercing rather than force - still uses the same spellpower but counts like physical damage rather than magical, that can be a handy option too though tier 4 is a pretty hefty investment & it depends a lot on your current level &...
  11. FuzzyDuck81

Iron golems

Turn off fiend pact so you don't end up healing them. Tentacles usually work well enough since they're physical damage, make sure you have metamagics switched on. Maybe use a melee hireling. Utterdark blast is usually a good bet since light/alignment are pretty easy to boost. Consume/striken are...
  12. FuzzyDuck81

List of New Cleric Spells

Some thoughts; Comprehend languages - that'd be a fairly low level buff, fine for a level 1 spell i think. Entropic shield - lesser blur, sure why not guidance - adding an extra dice roll to certain checks would probably have issues somewhere, but maybe a +1 per 4 levels to skills linked to a...
  13. FuzzyDuck81

Lindal's Mighty Belt - +3 Lay on Hands

Nope, just the class/destiny ones unfortunately.
  14. FuzzyDuck81

DC-Less Useful Spells!

They can make things vulnerable to poison temporarily even earlier than that in the vile chemist tree via poisoned attack in tier 2 & wave of poison in tier 3 - if you focus on that tree, before you hit level 4 there's literally nothing in the game you can't use poison damage against, even if...
  15. FuzzyDuck81

Lindal's Mighty Belt - +3 Lay on Hands

Well they mentioned being a tank, so Unyielding Sentinel destiny :) In a similar vein, I use a 15-point splash in Divine Crusader on a lot of builds - 3 cores gives some nice benefits plus smite evil, consecration, endless smiting & how dare you strike me, since even on a charisma-dumped...
  16. FuzzyDuck81

DC-Less Useful Spells!

Not DC-less but for damage-dealing, acid spells are typically fortitude saves for half damage rather than reflex, so unless the enemy is outright immune they'll pretty much always have some effect even on enemies who have evasion. Power word stun & power word kill are handy to have, they still...
  17. FuzzyDuck81

Curse cards get a boost?

Loot bonus weekend plus the extra thanks to unscheduled downtime (and it's confirmed they stack), so seems like a good opportunity to chug another treasure hunter elixir and test this out.
  18. FuzzyDuck81

Cleave and Great Cleave changes to make it worth picking.

In PnP, cleave gives a free attack when you make a kill.. maybe for DDO it could becomee a passive feat that activates for 6sec after killing an enemy & grants say 50% strikethrough regardless of weapon type (so lets you attack multiple enemies, or if already using a 2hander you can spread it...
  19. FuzzyDuck81

New race in Myth Drannor?

Yeah I've been suggesting for a while to add more dwarves, like hill/mountain or shield/gold in the same way as wood elves were added, then add duergar as an iconic sorcerer which would go well as a counterpart to deep gnome wizard
  20. FuzzyDuck81

It is time to increase THF damage multiplier

If it's in reaper where the issue is, then put the solution in the reaper enhancement tree & have a thing at maybe tier 3 or 4 that increases the multiplier for 2handed weapons, that'll stop it bleeding over into non-reaper content.