Search results

1. DYWYPI

Forums Unavailable for a few hours today

The issue with the reCAPTCHA not loading for Mozilla Firefox yesterday was due to Google writing poor quality code in their last reCAPTCHA update, it was nothing to do with SSG. See: reCAPTCHA is broken for [some|most|all] Windows users: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1894735#09...
  2. DYWYPI

A Greeting From The DDO Wiki!

Yes, I can see a single reference to Google AdSense adverts in the page source code: //pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js However, I don't see the adverts on that site regardless of being logged in or out (and I don't stay logged in). Even if I were to clear all my browser...
  3. DYWYPI

A Greeting From The DDO Wiki!

Personally I've never seen any adverts on that website this year. It might be partly due to the User Agent I am using and my settings. I would assume using either https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UBlock_Origin or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock_Plus browser extension with the EasyList filter...
  4. DYWYPI

Malchor's Undersun Goggles - Anyone know of a compiled listing of areas in the game these are usefull? or is it just in the Underdark wilderness?

Malchor's Undersun Goggles will also function within the quests 'Beyond the Rift' and 'Don't Drink the Water'.
  5. DYWYPI

Automatically Open Lock

There are some doors that "auto" swing open when you pick their lock. In fact most 'breakable doors' can be unlocked with 'Open Lock'. There are several generic Levers that you can also unloosen with 'Open Lock', just off the top of my head; Spies in the House, Bargain of Blood, Search and...
  6. DYWYPI

Skills needed for quest optionals

That first table on that 'Specific quest requirements' page basically lists quests that require mandatory 'Ability checks' to "complete" the quest. Or quests that "typically" in most cases can't be physically soloed by all classes. For example, quest mechanics requiring two or more bodies to be...
  7. DYWYPI

Anyone know why we’re getting span for the United Arab Emirates?

They're all Spambots, and some are likely AI bots. Most of the recent ones are using things like homoglyphs, for example Latvian special characters to bypass the default spam filters. CAPNTHLA: https://nethackwiki.com/wiki/CAPNTHLA
  8. DYWYPI

This may sound odd

All the older vendor purchasable Epic Rogue Hirelings have Search DCs lower than Search DC:55 (even if they use their Skills boost if they have one on their hotbar). Note: Level 20 quests on Epic Elite have a minimum suspected Search DC of 59. The quest 'Spies in the House' has a suspected...
  9. DYWYPI

Ideas for new puzzle styles

If I had to attempt to recall the 'Simon Says' style 5 rune sequences, i.e. no written notes, on average it would take me well over 20-minutes of repeated attempts... I'd probably even have some issues assigning substitute letters and numbers; so instead I just have to draw three separate...
  10. DYWYPI

Tomb of the Shadow Knight, never got spot for one trap

All the traps within the quest 'Tomb of the Shadow Knight' have a Spot and Search DC of 28 on Elite. You have to trigger some traps first to get their correct Spot value.
  11. DYWYPI

Inquisitive Auto-Search Broken?

Yes, the "Find Traps" spell would temporarily grant the equivalent of the required Trapfinding feat.
  12. DYWYPI

The feat 'Watchful Eye' feat doesn't have the (Search check with a penalty). Both 'Nothing is Hidden' or 'Mind Like Iron' do have a Search check penalty as mentioned in (Post #5). However, remember even if you have 'Watchful Eye' you'd still need the Trapfinding feat, if you were searching for...
  13. DYWYPI

Using Nothing is Hidden: for traps a (Search check with a penalty) is performed immediately after any successful Spot check. It will automatically reveal traps but only if both; Spot skill and Search skills are high enough to find the trap, i.e. you won't need to make a separate Search check...
  14. DYWYPI

This may sound odd

Traps can be very effective, but usually they depend for their effectiveness on their intended victim having no conception that a trap has been set. Conversely, if I base my actions on the belief that someone has set a trap for me, but it proves that I've just been exceptionally lucky so far, I...
  15. DYWYPI

Looking for End Gear for a Trapper

If you are Intelligence based, I'm a little surprised you are only getting a modified Disable Device roll of 102 (I assume that was with gear and not your base value). My Assassins are Dexterity based and can reach those values with moderate gear. Reaper setting does not increase Trap DCs...
  16. DYWYPI

Anyone Having Trouble With Secret Doors?

All the older vendor purchasable Epic Rogue Hirelings have Search DCs lower than Search DC:55 (even if they use their Skills boost if they have one on their hotbar). Given that you have a Level 31 Character it's likely you are doing Level 30 or higher quests. Therefore, it wouldn't be uncommon...
  17. DYWYPI

Anyone Having Trouble With Secret Doors?

True Seeing, works upon Search DC: 30, for it to "auto reveal" Secret doors, so it will reveal nearly every Secret door on Elite until quests in the teens. Obviously some low DC hidden doors in Epic will be below Search DC 30. Reaper setting does not increase Secret door DCs.
  18. DYWYPI

Weapon-based Stealth

I haven't played that quest, however, I got the impression it was a lacklustre 'pseudo-stealth mechanic' that the giants were mainly using. For example, they were short-sighted and it was a mostly proximity to the model (like a shrouding aura of detection just covering the model). Rather than...
  19. DYWYPI

can't load the game

Stoner81 placed the link in the code block: Copy-and-paste that Google Drive URL he placed between the code block into your web browser address bar, and visit it. For example: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3Q0p7xoRKsZX3RJZU10bHo4WDg?resourcekey=0-DW1Ma2pLUC53x4km9opVnw&usp=sharing...
  20. DYWYPI

Downtime Notice: Thursday, November 30th 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

The DDO Forum is having issues, and even giving intermittent "database error" messages.