Search results

1. Marshal_Lannes

10 PRR/ MRR debuff vs 30% Fort bypass?

30% fort reduction gets you higher in the kill count.
  2. Marshal_Lannes

14 Pal/X Dlord vs. Pure Dlord vs. Pure Paladin

Leveling is whatever. At cap, you want to use the pairing of the bastard sword from Morgrave Raid with the Demon Engine rune arm, or the Attuned Bone bastard sword from Skeletons and the Dino rune arm. Preference depends on what set you want to use, Morgrave or Skeletons. Both are profane...
  3. Marshal_Lannes

Population in recent months

These problems don't exist on Orien.
  4. Marshal_Lannes

14 Pal/X Dlord vs. Pure Dlord vs. Pure Paladin

The pure Paladin meta is SWF. DDO is incredibly easy to change builds. Trying a MC split is pointless, in my opinion, if you don't know how the pure class performs. Then what are you basing it on? What random people say on a game forum? Play a pure Dragonlord, then play a pure Paladin. After...
  5. Marshal_Lannes

An expansion giveaway does not equal a discovery elixir

Anything offered is not useful or appreciated. You can open up a game trade window and offer me a bunch of 10 PRR potions for free and I'm just going to put them on a mule, or usually now when I roll it on the gold roll, throw them away. I'm not carrying 10, 12, and 15 potions of the same effect...
  6. Marshal_Lannes

Analysis of the Elven Ranger

Because of the way inquisitive fires, I found single-target epic strikes to be lackluster. It's hard to go from a high rate of fire to switching over and pressing a single button on a target that isn't a boss. I'd go for a ranged AOE strike, although even then, I'm not sure how often you are...
  7. Marshal_Lannes

An expansion giveaway does not equal a discovery elixir

Giving away an expansion for a prize in the month of the Dragon is an excellent idea. However, giving those who have all the expansions an elixir of discovery that lasts one hour is not commiserate value. DDO continually struggles to reward its most loyal customers. Consider the players who have...
  8. Marshal_Lannes

Scattershot vs Manyshot I want to take a look at the new Scattershot (from Horizon Walker) vs Manyshot. I got to Scattershot at Level 10. You might get there slightly sooner depending on where you put points into other trees, but it should arrive around levels 8 to 10. You get Manyshot as a...
  9. Marshal_Lannes

Un-nerf two handed fighting and update power attack.

Power Attack with Orc and Dragon Lord can get an additional 10 damage (assuming they stack). That's like 20 STR points. I mean, that's not nothing. I feel the three melee fighting styles are more balanced now than they've ever been.
  10. Marshal_Lannes

Introducing our VIP Loyalty Reward Program!

The sentient XP gem should be increased. Can we please change the 10% item wear (which no longer has much practical purpose since Legendary items don't take wear) to a 10% XP boost? Let's forgo the haggling and just make it 5% :) The Stormcloud mount and lightning trail look awesome. Extra...
  11. Marshal_Lannes

SSG: Time to reel in 18/1/1 builds

The 20 MP from Warlock aura in Arcane Warrior isn't game-breaking. An easy solution is simply to make Arcane Warrior easier to achieve 20 MP without a Warlock aura. I think the greater imbalance issue is a 18/1/1 build that leverages Razor Claw. But, even then, it's like whack a mole. If you...
  12. Marshal_Lannes

Wings and Completionist I finished off my two remaining lives (bard - went thrower and warlock, the only one I couldn't pull a ranged build off with) and my Elven ranger is now a heroic completionist! Along the way, I also got Reaper wings for this character. Honestly, I never thought I would...
  13. Marshal_Lannes

does Meltfang damage stack with Bound Elemental Ring of Acid?

People who had Meltfang slotted in Dino likely had that in before the nerfs to spell power in R++. I agree some damage is better than no damage, but my point is this - if you're expecting Meltfang to be this big DPS increase in R++ it isn't. That's my advice.
  14. Marshal_Lannes

Icefang is completely worthless in high reaper. It's something like 15 points of damage. Look, you can remove the augments so go try these out for yourself in R10 and come back and tell me how much you like it. If you haven't experienced it before you are going to be stunned at how much it is...
  15. Marshal_Lannes

Choosing the fang depends on what level of quest you run. Meltfang and the elemental ring are coded as spell damage - so if you're running R8+ then there isn't much point in using them as their damage is dramatically scaled back due to the way spells are reduced. You're better off using...
  16. Marshal_Lannes

SSG: Let's talk about Reaper crafting (and how to improve it)

Reaper bonuses are supposed to be stretch items. You are not supposed to have crafted reaper bonuses on every item you ever wear. The system is fine as is. We don't need another convoluted crafting system.
  17. Marshal_Lannes

A Message to Our Players From SSG

This is a good response. Thank you for the weekend loot bonus.
  18. Marshal_Lannes

Don't repeat Vecna Unleashed

The Devils to Pay is a brilliant commentary on student loans. I enjoy almost everything about Vecna Unleashed. I find DDO quest design and variety to be first-rate. I appreciate that quests aren't stuck in 1991. It's great to have a dungeon crawl, but there is a lot more variety to quests and...
  19. Marshal_Lannes

The Reaper XP problem

Last hardcore season when I placed in the top 25 on the reaper board, I hit nearly 30 reaper points simply by running R4. First-time bonuses and then alternating daily sagas. One can quite easily get to 30 reaper points by running R4s. Granted, there was a reaper XP bonus last hardcore season...
  20. Marshal_Lannes

1k AC reached

That's spectacular! Great job and congrats on hitting the 1000 benchmark.