14 Pal/X Dlord vs. Pure Dlord vs. Pure Paladin

Which of the three [14 Pal/X Dlord or Pure DLord or Pure Paladin] is the most powerful overall?

• Pure Dragon Lord

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Pure Paladin

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • The Paladin + Dragon Lord mix.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Scrag

This.I know what pure DragonLord provides. But I never driven a full on built Paladin.

SWF as in Longsword or Bsword? And why SWF?
Insane attack speed, 200% strike through, other nonsense. Bsword + runearm is just silly. Depending on your runearm, you can do some crazy things, just having it there. Baking in DwM from demon engine and fire striping from dlord is just free damage.

edit: This works fantastic on a pdk. To get the strikethrough, you have to be using something compatible though:

(thf) These bonuses also apply while wielding a Bastard Sword or Dwarven Waraxe in your main hand and a Shield, Orb, Rune Arm, or Nothing in your off-hand.

>Single Weapon Fighting: Requires fighting with a single one-handed weapon, and wielding only an orb, runearm, or nothing in your offhand. Does not function in animal forms.

It is an edge case. :) You have to pick thf up as specialty at cap.

Last edited:

Sarlona Raiding

Insane attack speed, 200% strike through, other nonsense. Bsword + runearm is just silly. Depending on your runearm, you can do some crazy things, just having it there. Baking in DwM from demon engine and fire striping from dlord is just free damage.

edit: This works fantastic on a pdk. To get the strikethrough, you have to be using something compatible though:

(thf) These bonuses also apply while wielding a Bastard Sword or Dwarven Waraxe in your main hand and a Shield, Orb, Rune Arm, or Nothing in your off-hand.

>Single Weapon Fighting: Requires fighting with a single one-handed weapon, and wielding only an orb, runearm, or nothing in your offhand. Does not function in animal forms.

It is an edge case. :) You have to pick thf up as specialty at cap.
Yes, I have a paladin setup this way right now with SWF and Tier 5 Macrotechnic. The one problem I find is there are some situations where that double MRR with a shield really helps, but I think I will just start using a swap shield for those situations as they are fairly predictable - R10 end fight in grim and barrett and a few other places.

I think this is probably a better way to go, but I don't think you need to splash dragonlord, there are enough other good things in Macrotechnic worth taking.

Scrag

Oh, if you go swf with bsword... take swf as your main leveling. Don't do thf... Swf gets you further faster with cleaves etc.

Rugar

Oh, if you go swf with bsword... take swf as your main leveling. Don't do thf... Swf gets you further faster with cleaves etc.
Also, going THF first then taking Single Weapon Specialty locks you out of taking Perfect Single Weapon fighting. You want to level with SWF then take Two-Handed Specialty at 31.

Also, since the nerf to Holy Sword it has bugged me that pure pally's require it for the Threat and Multiplier bump. It does however mean that if you go 15 Pal / 5 DL that you can get the x2 multi from DL along with the Greater Roar and Flight of Kings while still getting the threat boost from Holy Sword.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
OKAY.

So a SWF/Bsword/Runearm build? Full build with enhancement and feat placements per level if you can, I don't really understand these shorthands you guys use.

And what should I do about leveling gear?

Thanks.

Marshal_Lannes

Leveling is whatever. At cap, you want to use the pairing of the bastard sword from Morgrave Raid with the Demon Engine rune arm, or the Attuned Bone bastard sword from Skeletons and the Dino rune arm. Preference depends on what set you want to use, Morgrave or Skeletons. Both are profane bonuses so you have to pick one and you will pair the sword and rune arm together.

Scrag

OKAY.

So a SWF/Bsword/Runearm build? Full build with enhancement and feat placements per level if you can, I don't really understand these shorthands you guys use.

And what should I do about leveling gear?

Thanks.
Pure dps? Part of the family, mix and match at 21 w/ kotb, use 13 till epic spinal tap.